Paulding.com

Clark's Ambulance and a black p/u truck at Bus 6 and 120. No injuries reported

Actually, this accident involves my husband and he is in a black UD or flatbed car hauler. Not sure of all details/hubby is awaiting police. Danny, {hubby} said he was dead stopped and the light and his truck is loaded. The ambulance was trying to manuever.....etc. etc. and sideswiped Danny. Then the ambulance driver came back and angrily told him to shut his %$#@ing mouth and get back in his truck. If ya met Danny well then you know.... Danny told the driver he had no right to talk to him like thjat and he was calling the police to him and he told Danny that he "WAS" the police. I'll eep ya posted.

Actually, this accident involves my husband and he is in a black UD or flatbed car hauler. Not sure of all details/hubby is awaiting police. Danny, {hubby} said he was dead stopped and the light and his truck is loaded. The ambulance was trying to manuever.....etc. etc. and sideswiped Danny. Then the ambulance driver came back and angrily told him to shut his %$#@ing mouth and get back in his truck. If ya met Danny well then you know.... Danny told the driver he had no right to talk to him like thjat and he was calling the police to him and he told Danny that he "WAS" the police. I'll eep ya posted.

Your hubby's a good man.

There are some out there that would've left that driver in need of his own services :mellow:

Sorry to hear this. That wasn't right of the emt to act as if he was the police. But I am sure the emt wasn't too happy with hitting someone. Anger and emotions take over.

Sorry to hear this. That wasn't right of the emt to act as if he was the police. But I am sure the emt wasn't too happy with hitting someone. Anger and emotions take over.

Yes, I have to agree with you there about the anger and emotions. The Clark driver was furious and said he's supposed to move over to the right. Well that is plain coomon sense but Danny said there was simply nowhere to go at that location. He was the first one in position at the red light. Now he can't find his insurance card. They were goinbg to follow Danny to C & J associates toi get it straightened out but have since changed their minds.........scrambling to find the policy. Thanks all.

IN SOME CASES IF *YOU* MOVE TO THE RIGHT AND NO ONE ELSE DID, YOU WILL BLOCK THE ONLY LANE AVAILABLE FOR THE AMBULANCE TO USE, THE EMT WAS PROBABLY MORE EMBARRASSED THAN ANYTHING!! TRUTH BE KNOWN! :p NOW, THE EMT CALLING HIMSELF THE POPO CAN BE A SERIOUS ISSUE. HE IS NO MORE A POPO THAN DR. JOE BLOW IS AND SHOULD BE TREATED AS SUCH. :o :o :o

IN SOME CASES IF *YOU* MOVE TO THE RIGHT AND NO ONE ELSE DID, YOU WILL BLOCK THE ONLY LANE AVAILABLE FOR THE AMBULANCE TO USE, THE EMT WAS PROBABLY MORE EMBARRASSED THAN ANYTHING!! TRUTH BE KNOWN! :p NOW, THE EMT CALLING HIMSELF THE POPO CAN BE A SERIOUS ISSUE. HE IS NO MORE A POPO THAN DR. JOE BLOW IS AND SHOULD BE TREATED AS SUCH. :o :o :o

He maybe a law enforcement officer working as emt as 2nd job (many firerfighters and police work couple of jobs to make ends meet).

Emt's and police don't understand sometimes you can not hear the sirens due to doppler effect (car traveling while sound is traveling) and/or the car does nothave a place to go (as MAY have ben the case in this accident). EMTs and police do get very upset when they are trying to get to a call and cars don't get out of their way but it's unprofessional for the emt to curse at other driver.

interesting...

First, I know that although when you hear/see red lights/siren you're supposed to move to the right...In most states, this is A REQUEST because forcing someone into a dangerous situation is not allowed (i.e pushing someone into traffic). When you're stopped at a red light, the Emergency vehicle is either to find another SAFE way to move foward (i.e. the opposing traffic side) or they have to shut down and wait for the light to turn green so people have the legal and safe ability to move over. In California, if an emergency vehicle approaches from the rear blaring lights and siren...and they don't shut down while you're at a red light...and the driver feels they're being 'pushed' out of the way by the emergency vehicle....and they move forward into traffic...and are hit...it's the fault of the emergency vehicle driver for causing the accident and forcing a dangerous situation.

Representing yourself as a police officer or firefighter is a crime "under the color of authority" (unless he was an off-duty officer moonlighting with the Ambulance company)....so the EMT should be held accountable for that as well (presuming he admits saying that and can't prove otherwise)......

I remember my days driving emergency vehicles and trying to race a train was always interesting. Did you know that by California law, if a train conductor sees you approaching Code 3...he is supposed to stop the train, separate the cars and allow you to pass!! ..it's one of those ridiculous and stupid laws that never happens.... (Maybe we should start a thread about stupid laws...).

It sounds like the Ambulance driver didn't account for the size of his vehicle and caused an accident.....

Please let us know what the outcome is....and who, on the accident report is named as "Party #1" (usually who the officer feels is at fault)...

Glad your husband is okay...

Edited by Pseudofed

Jeff and Danny were on their way home from the shop so they are going over there to see if they can give him a hand with anything he needs. If nothing else to try to calm him down... :D :D Good luck....sorry but that EMT is a jerk....I will pm you and let you know when they get there. I hope he is okay....I hope the EMT is okay to (once Danny gets his hands on him) :lol: :lol: :lol:

interesting...

First, I know that although when you hear/see red lights/siren you're supposed to move to the right...In most states, this is A REQUEST because forcing someone into a dangerous situation is not allowed (i.e pushing someone into traffic). When you're stopped at a red light, the Emergency vehicle is either to find another SAFE way to move foward (i.e. the opposing traffic side) or they have to shut down and wait for the light to turn green so people have the legal and safe ability to move over. In California, if an emergency vehicle approaches from the rear blaring lights and siren...and they don't shut down while you're at a red light...and the driver feels they're being 'pushed' out of the way by the emergency vehicle....and they move forward into traffic...and are hit...it's the fault of the emergency vehicle driver for causing the accident and forcing a dangerous situation.

Representing yourself as a police officer or firefighter is a crime "under the color of authority" (unless he was an off-duty officer moonlighting with the Ambulance company)....so the EMT should be held accountable for that as well (presuming he admits saying that and can't prove otherwise)......

I remember my days driving emergency vehicles and trying to race a train was always interesting. Did you know that by California law, if a train conductor sees you approaching Code 3...he is supposed to stop the train, separate the cars and allow you to pass!! ..it's one of those ridiculous and stupid laws that never happens.... (Maybe we should start a thread about stupid laws...).

It sounds like the Ambulance driver didn't account for the size of his vehicle and caused an accident.....

Please let us know what the outcome is....and who, on the accident report is named as "Party #1" (usually who the officer feels is at fault)...

Glad your husband is okay...

first of all i am so sorry this happened to your husband!!

according to the georgia drivers manual (page 40) if police or authorized emergency vehicles, which utilize blue or red lights, are using either/both sirens and lights you must pull over onto the right hand shoulder and stop if possible until the emergency vehicle has passed. Intersections must not be blocked. in all cases pull to the right and stop.

According to the manual it is not a request.

Absolutely- the EMT referring to himself as a police officer definitely seems to me to be wrong.

I'm so glad your husband is o.k.

I thought you didn't have to have proof of insurance in your car any longer-- that the police could pull it up on their system?

He maybe a law enforcement officer working as emt as 2nd job (many firerfighters and police work couple of jobs to make ends meet).

Emt's and police don't understand sometimes you can not hear the sirens due to doppler effect (car traveling while sound is traveling) and/or the car does nothave a place to go (as MAY have ben the case in this accident). EMTs and police do get very upset when they are trying to get to a call and cars don't get out of their way but it's unprofessional for the emt to curse at other driver.

YOU KNOW, I DID NOT THINK OF THAT!! YOU ABSOLUTELY COULD BE RIGHT.

first of all i am so sorry this happened to your husband!!

according to the georgia drivers manual (page 40) if police or authorized emergency vehicles, which utilize blue or red lights, are using either/both sirens and lights you must pull over onto the right hand shoulder and stop if possible until the emergency vehicle has passed. Intersections must not be blocked. in all cases pull to the right and stop.

According to the manual it is not a request.

I believe the key words are "If possible", though. The wording is written for vehicles in motion, it seems.

While sitting there, first at the light... there's usually nowhere to go without illegally entering the intersection,

and if you DO make a move, and the emergency vehicle hits you... that'll be your fault, too. (Seen that one personally!)

I thought you didn't have to have proof of insurance in your car any longer-- that the police could pull it up on their system?

Oh, this one is a big pet peeve of mine.

The year they announced that... there were actually commercials running where

the person who got pulled over would present their insurance card, and the officer

would laugh and say "what's that?" With the message that you didn't need it any more.

The ads ran less than a month, but now they usually deny the ads ever ran at all :rolleyes:

Anyhow... they backed off the original stance, and yes, you must carry proof of insurance.

The ads ran less than a month, but now they usually deny the ads ever ran at all :rolleyes:

Anyhow... they backed off the original stance, and yes, you must carry proof of insurance.

Which is dumb, though. Because anyone can get a policy, pay on it for a month, and stop. Looks like they have valid insurance because they have a card that hasn't expired.

It's just as easy for an officer to do a check on valid insurance coverage, as it is to run a license. It's a good idea to have a card, so you always have your policy # handy, though.

I went through a road block a few months ago in Stone Mountain, and the officer kept me there for almost 2 hours!!!!!! At 11:00 at night. Because I didn't have my card. I had to call and wake all kinds of people up to try and go to my house and search for my policy. I tried calling Geico and was on hold forever, blah blah blah. All when he could have just ran my plates. But anyways, rant over. Carry your stinkin card :)

Which is dumb, though. Because anyone can get a policy, pay on it for a month, and stop. Looks like they have valid insurance because they have a card that hasn't expired.

They run it. I got pulled over 4th of July and didn't have my card. It was no problem and Cobb County was very fast about it. I guess they were doing their routine drunk stops, but I only drink every once in awhile, and never when I need to drive somewhere.

They run it. I got pulled over 4th of July and didn't have my card. It was no problem and Cobb County was very fast about it. I guess they were doing their routine drunk stops, but I only drink every once in awhile, and never when I need to drive somewhere.

Oh, they definitely run it. It's just that some of them use the lack of a card as a revenue opportunity.

Depends on who ya get. It's better to always carry the card anyhow... since it is the law and all :)

After having to jump through a few hoops once, myself... I now have copies in my wallet as well as in my vehicles.

Oh, they definitely run it. It's just that some of them use the lack of a card as a revenue opportunity.

Depends on who ya get. It's better to always carry the card anyhow... since it is the law and all :)

I had changed purses and didn't realize I didn't have it. I usually have a copy in the car too but for some reason I didn't. I guess I got lucky because they were looking for the drinkers and not the family of 5 :D

Insurance cards: When they check the computer, it tells them YES there is valid insurance or NO there is no valid insurance. Nothing more. You still have to keep a card in the vehicle in the event that you 1) have an accident, so that your information is available to the officer and/or other party(ies) involved or 2) travel out of state where the authorities don't have access to Georgia's database. You can still be cited if you can't present an insurance card, even if your status in the computer is "valid".

For newly acquired vehicles, you must present a binder that is dated no more than 30 days prior until you're in the system. This normally takes only a few days, since most insurance transactions are processed immediately by telephone or online either by an insured or by the agent of the company. Same goes at the tag office when you are initially registering a vehicle-binder only....no cards will be accepted as proof (or that's how it's supposed to work, anyway). Once you're in the system, you shouldn't have to do anything more than present your bill every year to renew your tag.

Seemed to me they were sort of "feeling their way along" as the system was implemented, which could explain the misleading tv ads.

The GEICS was implemented to prevent just such a scenario. It seems to be working to that end, for the most part.