Paulding.com

SO unit 55 out with Black Female - 120/Hardy Chevy

SO unit 55 stopped to check on black female walking east on 120.

Unit advised he was giving the lady and baby on heart monitor a ride to county line. Lady is attempting to get to appointment in Cobb and has no other way.

Unit advises dispatch to contact Cobb PD to meet him.

Needs to get to DFACS office in Marietta for appointment - she is attempting to walk the entire way (what maybe 10 miles?)

dispatch with Cobb to arrange pickup.

>>>

Thought this one was interesting showing the many facets of an officer's service to the community.

What a great story. I hope this gets picked up by some news organization who commends the officer for initiating this help and making sure another officer picked up where he leaves off.

You mean a fat, lazy, american cop is doing something to help a person? :o :p

Couldn't help my smart @ss self on that one folks. You know I don't feel that way. Love me some popo's. :wub:

I haven't heard if the Paulding officer has "made the drop" or not. Maybe a supervisor can send him onto Marietta. LT D - are you out there? Based on the unit number, I believe this office should be of rank above deputy....

hopefully he'll just take her on to marietta..

when the officers do leave the county - the units advise that they will be out and reference the reason.

I may have missed this - but scanner has been pretty quiet this morning.

>>>

Just heard that unit 55 when 10-8 - ending mileage will be 57. I think the trip began at 33 so he must have taken the woman onto Marietta.

It seems the Deputies are getting really nice these days. There was an incident in my neighborhood, involving a 9 month old not concious or breathing. Of course, the mother wanted to go to the hospital with the baby. There was no one to take care of her 4 year old. The Deputy baby sat with 4 year old for at 3 hours, while the mother was at the hospital and before someone could get there to relieve him.

I hope both these Deputies get letters of accommondation. Way to go guys!

It seems the Deputies are getting really nice these days. There was an incident in my neighborhood, involving a 9 month old not concious or breathing. Of course, the mother wanted to go to the hospital with the baby. There was no one to take care of her 4 year old. The Deputy baby sat with 4 year old for at 3 hours, while the mother was at the hospital and before someone could get there to relieve him.

I hope both these Deputies get letters of accommondation. Way to go guys!

post-15427-1189365758.gif