Paulding.com

I'm not listening to the scanner but want to know if it's being announced.

It's directly behind my mothers house and it's bad.

One of the machines set the woods on fire that's been working behind her house all morning.

It;s the walmart on 120.

To be more concise, they left a strip of woods on the creek line.

They've been burning in a fire pit.

Mom said they covered up the fire pit and pulled the machine down into the trees to pull brush, the guy then drove off and about 10 minutes later all the brush was burning.

The fire department just arrived she said, the truck doesn't know if the hose will reach into the woods as they have no way of getting close.

Edited by Due_Diligence

The fence along the walmart which is part plastic and metal is a goner.

Mom's house is safe for now, because of them clearing, but the treeline goes along the creek to the houses in her neighborhood and the fire is moving along it.

The wind keeps picking up and changing.

One truck is parked in her neighborhood waiting for more units and still assessing.

Yes, she said the wind picked up and the firemen came running out of the woods.

Edited by Due_Diligence

She is getting dressed and stuff together ready to leave her house if it gets any worse, the treeline is only 3 houses down from hers.

Lost Mtn. Woods is the neighborhood to the North of the fire.

(edit for correction)

Edited by Due_Diligence

Beside the Walmart.

Behind the Neighborhood on East Paulding.

Between Hwys 120 and E. Paulding.

MOM called ME to tell me she saw smoke and I told her to go check and she did and said it was on fire and I told her to dial 911.

She's the one who told them to get the damn bulldozers down there to try to cover it.

They're bringing a bulldozer around to help.

They're spraying the woods along the backyards of the houses.

It's not gotten into the tops of the trees, and the wind has calmed which is helping.

The other truck has arrived.

I just left that Walmart and I saw the smoke, but didn't see the fire. I thought it was the construction guys burning!! Hope they get it out quick and your Mom and her house will be OK!!!

Beside the Walmart.

Behind the Neighborhood on East Paulding.

Between Hwys 120 and E. Paulding.

MOM called ME to tell me she saw smoke and I told her to go check and she did and said it was on fire and I told her to dial 911.

She's the one who told them to get the damn bulldozers down there to try to cover it.

My mother-in-law lives on Quail Hollow Drive in that subdivision... which side is the fire on? Her property backs up to the corner of the Wal-Mart (we can see the gas pumps through the woods when the trees are bare)...we live on East Paulding Drive in between 92/120, a few houses down from Citizen's Sq.

None of us are at home today to know what is going on or how close this is to my mother-in-law's home!!

Thankyou Reesy.

It's slowly being brought under control.

They are carrying backpack tanks down and spraying.

They got the bulldozer down there helping now.

It's in the treeline that runs beside the walmart along the creek.

They have been spraying both the houses and yards in the subdivision.

The fire itself started over there where they cleared and burning.

Again, the guy covered up the firepit with the backhoe, pulled it into the woods started pulling brush.

Then, correction, he pulled off in the backhoe and a few minutes later the brush itself was burning.

Someone is going to be in some big sheeze trouble on this one.

Edited by Due_Diligence

I just thank goodness my mom had the smarts to pay attention to what they've been doing behind her.

She's been nervous of them having that firepit right behind her house for the past several weeks.

The fire is under control they are bulldozing most of it and piling dirt on top.

Well the worst people may come home to in Lost Mtn Woods is a freshly watered back yard care of the county.

Thanks, the only thing she was afraid of was the wind pushing something across the cleared part into the trees in the neighborhood.

She has had half the neighborhood in her backyard watching.

Want to add, this is enough excitement for me for one day.

Edited by Due_Diligence