Paulding.com

Someone attempted to shoot themself in the head but,

I just heard the tail-end of this transmission. Thats all I heard, is anyone else listening to the scanner? I hope this person gets the "HELP" that he/she needs, at least this person is uninjured I think.

OK. I don't mean to sound insensitive, so please don't take it that way. But, how do you attempt to shoot yourself in the head and miss? :blink:

I have never shot any kind of gun b4 but, I do know that when you shoot a gun it kind of kicks back, moves in an upward motion a couple of inches. I guess that is "WHY" he /she missed! JUST MY ASSUMPTIOM!!

Yep, they have a 'kick back'. You have to keep a firm grip. I am glad they missed though.

See, I know nothing about that kind of stuff except for the kick, when the gun is fired. But, yes, I am glad they missed also. I do not think that the man at Wal-mart is the same as person the attempted suicide.

Still have not heard anything else on either call.....probably won't either!

See, I know nothing about that kind of stuff except for the kick, when the gun is fired. But, yes, I am glad they missed also. I do not think that the man at Wal-mart is the same as person the attempted suicide.

Still have not heard anything else on either call.....probably won't either!

I know. don't you hate that? Most of the time we never know how something turns out. It is like watching a movie, or reading a book, and it comes up saying "to be continued...." and then you miss the second part.

You are right, I have issues but, There is nothing in this world that would make me go to that level. I want to see my children and grand children grow up and I just can't imagine that someone would feel that way. I know this happens quite often. Last year in Paulding, there was 4 suicides in a months time (I think), it was 3 week-ends in a row and before the 4th week-end got here it happened on a Thursday, I believe. I can remember 3 of the locations, and I think the 4th was an elderly lady. Sooo Sad! I COULD BE WRONG, DO NOT QUOTE ME, PLEASE! MY HEART GOES OUT TO ALL PEOPLPE IN THESE SITUATIONS!!

I just heard the tail-end of this transmission. Thats all I heard, is anyone else listening to the scanner? I hope this person gets the "HELP" that he/she needs, at least this person is uninjured I think.

OH thank goodness.. I so wish that this would have been the case with my brother.. I miss him every day..

This person needs help and I hope that his family supports him in this.. Life is a Gift and hopefully he sees it as such soon...

When in high school a friend was dispondent when his girlfriend broke up with him. He was in his bedroom with the gun pointed to his heart. Just as he pulled the trigger, his mom walked in the door and when he turned around, the aim changed and he shot himself in the chest, but not his heart. Thank God!!! He went on to marry that girlfriend and then divorce. He has been remarried and lived a happy life. I will always believe his mother's timing was God's intervention!!

Any updates on this person from yesterday??

You are right, I have issues but, There is nothing in this world that would make me go to that level. I want to see my children and grand children grow up and I just can't imagine that someone would feel that way. I know this happens quite often. Last year in Paulding, there was 4 suicides in a months time (I think), it was 3 week-ends in a row and before the 4th week-end got here it happened on a Thursday, I believe. I can remember 3 of the locations, and I think the 4th was an elderly lady. Sooo Sad! I COULD BE WRONG, DO NOT QUOTE ME, PLEASE! MY HEART GOES OUT TO ALL PEOPLPE IN THESE SITUATIONS!!

As I personally have gone through this.. Mental illness is a contributing factor.. these people can have the illness and NOBODY realize it.. I was good at masking mine for years. However I recognized in my brother.. Tried to help him..

He had some terrible things happen to him which kept pushing him deeper and deeper.. Alcohol and drugs are huge contributing factors too..

when you don't know or fail to accept that you are sick and it is okay to get help you are a disaster waiting to happen.

My brother his final day was having a great day, he just signed a contract for his business he was starting, hung out with my mom, marinated steaks for dinner that night, made plans with a good friend to go fishing on Sunday, meeting with his partner the next morning for coffee and then go to work on the clients job, made plans about 10 to 15 minutes before taking his life with a friend of mine..arrived home from the store.. grabbed my Daddy's dog to take in and said (this was about 5 to 8 minutes before taking his life) He pop, hurry up and finish what you are doing I am going to go cook those steaks up. He went inside, got on the phone with the girl he was dating and going to ask to marry him, they had been fighting the last thing my mother heard was _______ please don't, please ________. He went into my dads room where the guns are and well you all know the rest.. :(

It does not take much.. He has been depressed since college.. it just got worse. In his autopsy report it stated his Blood Alcohol content was close to 5 times the legal limit in NY...