Paulding.com

CLARK FUNERAL HOME

4373 ATLANTA HWY.

HIRAM, GEORGIA 30141

770-445-7133

FAX-770-505-7273

NEWSPAPER OBIT

Paris

Mr. Doug Paris, age 69, of Dallas, passed away on Thursday, July 27, 2006. He was born on May 10, 1937 in Atlanta to the late M. C. and Myra Paris. He was a retired cameraman with Foote & Davies Printing Co. with 38 years of service. He was a member of Hiram United Methodist Church.

Surviving are his daughters and sons-in-law, Rhonda and Mike Holycross of Dallas and Valerie and Glenn Johnson of Temple; a brother and sister-in-law, Dan and Janice Paris of Dallas; six grandchildren; nieces and nephews.

Funeral services will be held on Sunday, July 30, 2006 at 2:00 p.m. from Clark Funeral Home in Hiram with Reverend Don Voyles officiating. The interment will follow in Mt. Vernon Baptist Church Cemetery with Lee Paris, Ben Paris, Ted Paris, Taz Paris, Jack Paris and Paris Lee serving as pallbearers. The family will receive friends on Saturday from 5:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m. at the funeral home. Clark Funeral Home in Hiram in charge of arrangements.

Yes, this is my Daddy. :(

EARLY THIS YEAR I WOULD SEE DOUG AND GLEN WALKING ON THE SILVER COMET TRAIL. ON ONE OCCASION WE TALKED ABOUT THE PAST. THEY REMINDED ME THAT I DELIVERED VALERIE. I TOLD THEM THAT I REMEMBERED DOING A TONSILLECTOMY AND ADENOIDECTOMY ON ONE OF THE GIRLS. WE HAD TROUBLE WITH EXCESS BLEEDING OF THE ADENOIDS. WE NEEDED TO GIVE HER A TRANSFUSION. IT WAS AT NIGHT-SHE WAS TYPE-A, AND SO WAS I. I HAD MY LAB TECH TO TAKE A PINT OF BLOOD FROM ME. WE GAVE IT TOO HER. THE BLEEDING SOON STOPPED.

I AM SO SORRY THAT I DID NOT HAVE A CHANCE TO VISIT OR ATTEND THE FUNERAL. MY PRAYERS AND CONDOLENCES GOES OUT FOR THE PARIS FAMILY THAT I HAVE KNOWN SO LONG AS PATIENTS AND FRIENDS.

DR. JOHN

EARLY THIS YEAR I WOULD SEE DOUG AND GLEN WALKING ON THE SILVER COMET TRAIL. ON ONE OCCASION WE TALKED ABOUT THE PAST. THEY REMINDED ME THAT I DELIVERED VALERIE. I TOLD THEM THAT I REMEMBERED DOING A TONSILLECTOMY AND ADENOIDECTOMY ON ONE OF THE GIRLS. WE HAD TROUBLE WITH EXCESS BLEEDING OF THE ADENOIDS. WE NEEDED TO GIVE HER A TRANSFUSION. IT WAS AT NIGHT-SHE WAS TYPE-A, AND SO WAS I. I HAD MY LAB TECH TO TAKE A PINT OF BLOOD FROM ME. WE GAVE IT TOO HER. THE BLEEDING SOON STOPPED.

I AM SO SORRY THAT I DID NOT HAVE A CHANCE TO VISIT OR ATTEND THE FUNERAL. MY PRAYERS AND CONDOLENCES GOES OUT FOR THE PARIS FAMILY THAT I HAVE KNOWN SO LONG AS PATIENTS AND FRIENDS.

DR. JOHN

That was me, Rhonda, whose life you saved, Dr. Covington. Thank you for the kind sentiments. Daddy spent every morning on the Silver Comet Trail up until April. Incidentally, last month when we were dealing with so many impersonal doctors, I made the comment to my sister, "Where's the Dr. Covingtons anymore?" You are a treasure and are truly missed around here as a family physician, but I know you are enjoying your retirement.

Thank you to everyone who expressed sympathy and condolences. This has been a very difficult couple of months for us and it was comforting to know that people were concerned.

That was me, Rhonda, whose life you saved, Dr. Covington. Thank you for the kind sentiments. Daddy spent every morning on the Silver Comet Trail up until April. Incidentally, last month when we were dealing with so many impersonal doctors, I made the comment to my sister, "Where's the Dr. Covingtons anymore?" You are a treasure and are truly missed around here as a family physician, but I know you are enjoying your retirement.

Thank you to everyone who expressed sympathy and condolences. This has been a very difficult couple of months for us and it was comforting to know that people were concerned.

That is an awsome story.Treasure the memories.God Bless You and your family