Paulding.com

"He knew what he signed up for."

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Trump doesn't respect soldiers that get caught maybe he doesn't care for the ones that get killed.

The president says dumb things on almost a daily basis. It's not that hard to believe that he would say something that stupid.

And about a year ago, the New York Times had Hillary as a 93% probability to win the White House. Damn Ruskies.

I am sure it came up about the ultimate sacrifice just not in context that this representative and some of the so called news channels. I know myself that on my 2nd trip to nam that I told my wife of 3 years that there was a chance of being killed. I said i was aware when I signed up of that possibility ,please don't put the blame on anyone or anything because I volunteered and if called I would do it again.

Then why did she say "give me the phone?" She could have just started talking.

In the interview with the REP I saw, she stated she was listening via speaker phone.

I do not know the specifics other than that. I do know in my house I have multiple phones -- One I may be on, then another (or many) where someone or multiple someones could listen to via speaker phone(s). Might have been an agreement between individuals to listen in only and not respond which I have done too.

Maybe everyone was too shocked to comment or hand the phone to someone else or maybe it wasn't the time or place to correct Trump?

Why would she lie?

Why don't you call the REP who reported the conversation and ask her?

Edited by CreativeOne

There are numerous ways that can be phrased that are anything but disrespectful even if that was his exact quote.

Matter of fact, it is a common sentiment when discussing an all voluntary military that we have now. They all signed up knowing they would be placed in harms way, hence "he knew what he signed up for" is a way of saying he knew the danger and courageously volunteered anyway to go into harms way knowing it may cost him his life. That is the very definition of honor and courage.

Edited by Ugadawgs98
  • Like 2

There are numerous ways that can be phrased that are anything but disrespectful even if that was his exact quote.

Matter of fact, it is a common sentiment when discussing an all voluntary military that we have now. They all signed up knowing they would be placed in harms way, hence "he knew what he signed up for" is a way of saying he knew the danger and courageously volunteered anyway to go into harms way knowing it may cost him his life. That is the very definition of honor and courage.

Maybe we should start putting that on fallen soldier's grave stones 'Too bad, so sad but after all they had to know what they signed up for.'

Why wouldn't she lie?

We know of at least four people that were in the limousine inroute to receive the remains of the fallen soldier, the congresswoman, a military officer the widow and the limousine driver, why would she concoct such story with that many witnesses ?

Make that five https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2017/10/18/totally-fabricated-trump-disputes-congresswomans-depiction-of-his-exchange-with-soldiers-widow/?utm_term=.16a52f459b2c

One thing is certain, the sheer number of people Trump has accused of lying about him has grown to the point over the past year he is going to need a special assistant just to keep up with them all.

Edited by CitizenCain

Just more spin tactics by the media......the meaning of that statement is totally dependent on the context.

Saying "oh well he knew what he was getting into" chiding the guy who dies trying to kiss a rattlesnake is much different than speaking of a soldier saying "he knew what he was getting into yet he still answered the call of duty with his brothers".

Edited by Ugadawgs98
  • Like 1

"he knew what he was getting into yet he still answered the call of duty with his brothers".

He could have said a lot of things, I suspect in the coming days we will have a clearer picture of what he actually did say. Keep in mind this is the same man that just days ago when asked why he hadn't contacted the families had no problem bringing up the painful memory of his own Chief of Staff's son who had died in Afghanistan saying ask Kelly if Obama called him.The is the same man that trashed a gold star family during the election. Said John McCain was not a hero because he had been captured.

These men died two weeks ago and he had to be shamed into calling the families by the press, his habit of juvenile like revenge is well documented.

​Trump is a sociopath incapable of feeling empathy for others and I suspect by his actions these past eleven months may also be slipping into early onset dementia. We were told during the primaries he was unfit to hold the office he seems to be hell bent to prove it.

But let's get back to those god awful NFL players, how dare they.

Edited by CitizenCain
  • Like 4

To the bigger point, if he said it, and meant it in the most respectful way, why did he put out his "official Twitter statement" this morning saying he didn't say it and that he has proof. Why lie? Even the soldier's mother confirmed the conversation. And where's his proof? In the locked vault with his tax returns and Obama's birth certificate?

• Like 2

I doubt if he remembers exactly what he said. If he actually said it, I also doubt that it was meant to be mean or cruel in any way.

Having said that, all Trump had to do was make a statement saying he wasn't sure of the exact words he used but if he did say it then it wasn't meant to be cruel and apologize for any grief it may have caused the family. And then say he supports the troops and their families. This would then be a non-story.

Unfortunately, Trump can never admit that anything he does is wrong and everything has to be a fight.

• Like 3

Enough with the Trump bashing.Can we move on to something else.It's really getting old and it don't matter how much you don't like that he got elected ,he's in there.Move along ,move along..........It's like post after post after post bitching about Trump.Have a drink,take a pill,do something.Quit letting it consume your life.Take a deep breath and RELAX.....

• Like 1

Enough with the Trump bashing.Can we move on to something else.It's really getting old and it don't matter how much you don't like that he got elected ,he's in there.Move along ,move along..........It's like post after post after post bitching about Trump.Have a drink,take a pill,do something.Quit letting it consume your life.Take a deep breath and RELAX.....

Trump bashing won't stop just like Obama bashing, Bush bashing, Clinton bashing, etc. never stopped while they were in office. It's what we do as Americans. Problem for Trump is he makes it too easy to bash him with all the stupid stuff he says.

Edited by cptlo306
  • Like 2

I liked what a young lady in the hospital in Las Vagas said while recovering from a gun shot wound she got in the attack. Her remarks went something like "He sure was a lot more personable than they make him sound on Social Media". See I'm much like the Congress Woman, I can't remember exactly what I heard either.

• Like 1

I liked what a young lady in the hospital in Las Vagas said while recovering from a gun shot wound she got in the attack. Her remarks went something like "He sure was a lot more personable than they make him sound on Social Media". See I'm much like the Congress Woman, I can't remember exactly what I heard either.

The media is populated by liberal story tellers.

• Like 2

"he knew what he was getting into yet he still answered the call of duty with his brothers".

He could have said a lot of things, I suspect in the coming days we will have a clearer picture of what he actually did say. Keep in mind this is the same man that just days ago when asked why he hadn't contacted the families had no problem bringing up the painful memory of his own Chief of Staff's son who had died in Afghanistan saying ask Kelly if Obama called him.The is the same man that trashed a gold star family during the election. Said John McCain was not a hero because he had been captured.

These men died two weeks ago and he had to be shamed into calling the families by the press, his habit of juvenile like revenge is well documented.

​Trump is a sociopath incapable of feeling empathy for others and I suspect by his actions these past eleven months may also be slipping into early onset dementia. We were told during the primaries he was unfit to hold the office he seems to be hell bent to prove it.

But let's get back to those god awful NFL players, how dare they.

Exactly, could you imagine the outrage if Obama had done the same. Remember when everyone was panicked at the thought of Sarah Palin being one heartbeat from the presidency?

Exactly, could you imagine the outrage if Obama had done the same. Remember when everyone was panicked at the thought of Sarah Palin being one heartbeat from the presidency?

Everyone was in a panic? Are you now the self-appointed spokesperson for everyone?

Everyone was in a panic? Are you now the self-appointed spokesperson for everyone?

That's petty but... Okay, strike "everyone" and insert "a lot of people." That should be general enough for even you.

It is sad. If she hadn't lied Kelly wouldn't have to waste his time with this crap.

Yes, pretty pitiful. However, Wilson is a Democrat and lying and twisting the facts is what they do.

It is sad. If she hadn't lied Kelly wouldn't have to waste his time with this crap.

Know what else is sad ? Most people's memory does not last more than the 24 hr news cycle. This all started when Trump was asked during a news conference why after two weeks he had never mentioned the deaths of four special forces service members in Africa and if he had spoken to the families. He could have simply said he hadn't instead he had to make it about other Presidents and the death of his own Chief of Staff's son.

BTW, the only person that has accused the congresswomen of lying is Trump. What has been under reported is she has known this family since they were kids she didn't speak about the phone call until she was asked by reporters. She had a deep emotional attachment to the family whether she should or should not have spoken out maybe a matter of opinion but it was certainly understandable.

The bottom line is like everything from the riots in Charlottesville to the NFL to this, it is Trump that lights the fire and everyone else is left to try to put them out.

• Like 2