Paulding.com

Insurance Commissioner Ralph Hudgens pulls another unbelievable boner

Anyway, from reading reports, including those in the AJC and the Dawson News, it appears that the GOP Insurance commissioner Ralph Hudgens - the one that got caught and had is words broadcast and netcast nationwide saying he would do everything he could to obstruct Obamacare - was speaking as this citizen journalist was in the audience on the front row recording the stump speeches at this gathering at a place of public accommodation. - It is a private venue where they hold the pumpkin festival in Dawson County so pictures are generally considered okay ... I mean it is a place for celebration called Burts Farm.

But then Ralph Hudgens took umbrage at the idea of being video recorded, probably because he knows he's a loose cannon of limited capability apt to say the stupid and he frankly didn't want to have his stupidity put on parade ... again.

The meeting, which was 'open to the public' and which had not had any formal notice or post rule that cameras were not allowed - some Democratic trackers with cameras were identified and refused entry but Ms. Nydia Tisdale is a private blogger generally associated and positive toward Republican candidates was granted permission. She sat on the front row of the gathering and proceeded to record the event.

As an aside, here youtube channel shows she self-publishes her own blog. She does what a lot of local vbloggers do - city council meetings, court appearances/cases (including hers), and also seems to be following and documenting the campaigns of Gov. Deal and David Purdue ... and images of both seem to be smiling. She edits some of the stuff and but also posts long form video of public meetings. She seems drawn to conservatives and the presentation includes videos of tea party speakers on topics like 'petro-dollars'.

Ms. Tisdale gained some fame when she was kicked out of a meeting of the Cumming Ga. city council about a year ago. While there were several retrenchments in the new open meetings law proposed by AG Sam Olens (which passed the General Assembly and was signed into law in 2012) it did improve a few things including the imposition of sanctions (fines) ... and AG Olens prosecuted the city of Cummings extracting a $12,000 fine for their violation of open meetings in a decision announced this week.

So, when Hudgens, who being one of the lower-level candidates started speaking, he asked and Burt of Burt Farms heard his request, Burt got a deputy attending the event to ask her to turn off the video. She declined and ultimately she was removed.

That the citizen journalist was treated like a criminal in this case comes from the report in Jim Galloway's column:

Tisdale would eventually be charged with trespassing, a misdemeanor, and obstructing an officer “by elbowing him in the right cheek area and kicking him in the right shin.” That last one’s a felony.

”He didn’t need to have his body pressed against my rear end,” Tisdale said Wednesday.

Linda Clary Umberger, chairman of the Dawson County GOP, followed the citizen journalist and the officer to an outbuilding. “I watched as a woman was bent over the counter on her face, with an officer over her,” Umberger said. “If I had been her, I would have elbowed him in the face, too.

While screams from the 'back of the venue' could be heard - Ms. Tisdale's protests - the speakers continued through their efforts to engage the crowd and voters. It wasn't until Sam Olens - the AG who brought and won the case involving Ms. Tisdale and her being barred from videotaping an open public meeting in Cumming - that the issue was raised publicly at the rally.

The Dawson news reported his comments this way:

Olens, the state's attorney general, was the only official present to address the incident publically that day.

"If we stand for anything as a party, what are we afraid of having a lady with a camera filming us? What are we saying here that shouldn't be on film? What message are we sending that because it's private property they shouldn't be filming it?" he told the crowd.

There are some reports that say that Olens advised the farm owner that he should drop the charges against the woman as soon as he gets the chance.

Anyway, I'm with Olens ... What is Hudgens saying that shouldn't be on video. The message he is sending, I believe, is that he singularly and grossly incompetent.

pubby

There's a reason the GOP is called the Party of Stupid. I swear, crap like this just makes me want to spit nails.

Please don't think the GOP did that. It was a couple of people not the GOP. Sam Olens is one of the GOP and doing a great job. Linda stood up and she is GOP. We just have to keep standing for the right things and make sure that others are willing to do the same.

Please don't think the GOP did that. It was a couple of people not the GOP. Sam Olens is one of the GOP and doing a great job. Linda stood up and she is GOP. We just have to keep standing for the right things and make sure that others are willing to do the same.

I know it's not all GOPers. But it seems more and more the differences between the two parties are negligible. :sigh:

I know it's not all GOPers. But it seems more and more the differences between the two parties are negligible. :sigh:

Not at all. There is a huge difference. Look at the long list of fires that are burning under the Watch of this administration. Look at the IRS for one and all the lies about missing emails. Look at what it took to take out Nixon and make a comparison. We are on a scary path.

Both seem to be run by the the extremists in each group.

You go left far enough and you go right far enough and you meet the other party coming at you.

I doubt the average citizen has much in common with either party anymore.

• Like 3

Both seem to be run by the the extremists in each group.

You go left far enough and you go right far enough and you meet the other party coming at you.

I doubt the average citizen has much in common with either party anymore.

The GOP is not run by extremists. They are just the most vocal and seem to create the most news. Why do you think that is? Keep in mind who controls the news media.

Not at all. There is a huge difference. Look at the long list of fires that are burning under the Watch of this administration. Look at the IRS for one and all the lies about missing emails. Look at what it took to take out Nixon and make a comparison. We are on a scary path.

Yes by all means please do look at what the David Austin administration has done to this county he is so incompetent that he does not even have a clue of how to chair a meeting even after being on the job for six years

Yes by all means please do look at what the David Austin administration has done to this county he is so incompetent that he does not even have a clue of how to chair a meeting even after being on the job for six years

Whitey, I am not going to get into that discussion with you. The Party of Obama is pathetic and he does not serve this nation nor the people well. If you want to talk about incompetence start with him!

Can we not just let it go with, we disagree?

:)

If you want to but I am right! :p

• Like 1

Are you part of the GOP? Do you know who the leaders of today are?

No ... but you know that.

As far as extremists ... our congressman is "I don't believe in compromise" Tom Graves.

For a MOC (member of congress) an aversion to compromise is ... well the essence of extremism.

pubby

No ... but you know that.

As far as extremists ... our congressman is "I don't believe in compromise" Tom Graves.

For a MOC (member of congress) an aversion to compromise is ... well the essence of extremism.

pubby

Tom is a great guy and for the most part has voted the way I wanted him too. I will take him any day over Nancy Polosi and Harry Reid! Talk about uncompromising.........

Don't think I spoke for the rest of the world but the voters have spoken for Tom Graves. :)

We know there are a lot of voters in Georgia (as well as politicians here) NJ ... who are extremists ... and Tom, being a member of the Tea Party Caucus in DC, is right there among them.

pubby

PS: From politico:

Depending on whom you ask, Georgia’s Tom Graves is either a rising star in the House GOP conference or a perfect example of Speaker John Boehner’s management problems.

The Capitol Hill newcomer has voted against nearly every major government funding measure put forward by the House leadership this year and unapologetically advocated the Republican Study Committee line, even when it contradicted the efforts of Boehner and the leadership — a position that caused Graves to part ways with the GOP whip team earlier this year.

When Graves again voted against a short-term government spending bill last month, some members of the House GOP decided that leadership needed to punish one of their mutinous colleagues — the 20 or so who vote against leadership on almost every spending bill — to show that there would be consequences for refusing to back efforts to avert a government shutdown.

Graves, one of the few newcomers with a prime spot on the Appropriations Committee, became the target. Rumors ricocheted around the lower chamber that he would be stripped of his committee assignment.

The Republican Steering Committee, which decides committee appointments, met last week and considered whether to retaliate against Graves and others who oppose the leadership. The decision was made not to do so, said multiple sources, but there will be quieter, more subtle forms of pressure exerted. Graves is not likely to be part of any congressional overseas trips anytime soon.

... snip ...

Graves’s rationale comes straight from the tea party playbook: “I didn’t get elected to come to Washington for a group hug. I did it to fight for America’s future. That’s why I push so hard.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1011/66209.html#ixzz3BjM6koVV

We know there are a lot of voters in Georgia (as well as politicians here) NJ ... who are extremists ... and Tom, being a member of the Tea Party Caucus in DC, is right there among them.

pubby

PS: From politico:

I think he is right on track and doing what they all should be doing. He is no extremist. You support the extremist Obama and his administration.

I think he is right on track and doing what they all should be doing. He is no extremist. You support the extremist Obama and his administration.

Doing what they all should be doing? Voting "no" on any funding bill? The Tea Party way or the highway?

That's extremism....it's the definition of extremism in government. When you go to buy a car and lowball the dealer, do you adjust your position or do you stay with your first lowball offer, regardless of the fact you know that your price would cause him to lose money? How did you buy your home? Were there offers and counteroffers? Did you use negotiation with your children as a means of extracting reasonable compromises or were you a "my way or the highway" to your 5 year old kind of parent?

Negotiation and pragmatism, especially in a legislative setting, are imperatives. There is no room for ideologues in an environment that, for over 200 years, has thrived on give and take negotiations. You do realize that the "Tea Party Vision" only applies to less than 15% of the Amerian populace, right? So to imply that they "all should be doing" obstructionism to represent a slim population of voting Americans is BLATANTLY anti-patriotic and harmful to this nation.

Legislators are voted into office to get things done, not look good on campaign fliers.

mrnn

Edited by mrnn

Doing what they all should be doing? Voting "no" on any funding bill? The Tea Party way or the highway?

That's extremism....it's the definition of extremism in government. When you go to buy a car and lowball the dealer, do you adjust your position or do you stay with your first lowball offer, regardless of the fact you know that your price would cause him to lose money? How did you buy your home? Were there offers and counteroffers? Did you use negotiation with your children as a means of extracting reasonable compromises or were you a "my way or the highway" to your 5 year old kind of parent?

Negotiation and pragmatism, especially in a legislative setting, are imperatives. There is no room for ideologues in an environment that, for over 200 years, has thrived on give and take negotiations. You do realize that the "Tea Party Vision" only applies to less than 15% of the Amerian populace, right? So to imply that they "all should be doing" obstructionism to represent a slim population of voting Americans is BLATANTLY anti-patriotic and harmful to this nation.

Legislators are voted into office to get things done, not look good on campaign fliers.

mrnn

Tom is standing up for America, Georgia, and Paulding County citizens. Wish there were more in Washington who did that. The majority of the voters in the 14th District sent him there to do what he is doing.

You should look to the Senate controlled by Reid if you want to talk about obstruction. Do you know how many Bills they are sitting on and will not allow to come to the floor? Might want to check out this link.http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2014/08/08/yes-the-senate-is-ignoring-hundreds-of-bills-passed-by-the-gop-house-but-its-always-that-way/

• Like 1

mrnn

The word “extremism” is meaningless. People don’t devote themselves

to being extreme. Extremism has no content. The extreme of what ? ? ?

- Charles Krauthammer

The word “extremism” is meaningless. People don’t devote themselves

to being extreme. Extremism has no content. The extreme of what ? ? ?

- Charles Krauthammer

Ugh ... does that mean Krauthammer is meaningless?

pubby

• 2 weeks later...

Don't think I spoke for the rest of the world but the voters have spoken for Tom Graves. :)

LOL

They also spoke for Obama.

Twice.

In fact, voters have 'spoken for' every holder of elected office - no matter how ineffective or corrupt they may have demonstrated themselves to be. Getting elected doesn't make an effective leader, nor does it imbue character, ethics or competence.

Usually just means you've got the biggest bank account...since a large enough number of people are okay with that, looks like we're stuck with it for the foreseeable future.

Edited by rednekkhikkchikk
  • Like 1

LOL

They also spoke for Obama.

Twice.

In fact, voters have 'spoken for' every holder of elected office - no matter how ineffective or corrupt they may have demonstrated themselves to be. Getting elected doesn't make an effective leader, nor does it imbue character, ethics or competence.

Usually just means you've got the biggest bank account...since a large enough number of people are okay with that, looks like we're stuck with it for the foreseeable future.

Tom will be elected again. I believe Obama would be defeated if he had to run again. Very big difference in the two men. I do agree that it is usually the biggest bank account that wins an election. Sad but true.