Paulding.com

PSA: Outdoor Burn Ban starts tomorrow

From the county website:

From May 1 to September 30, the State of Georgia Environmental Protection Division (EPD) issues a burn ban which prohibits all outdoor burning in Paulding County. You may direct questions or comments concerning the burn ban to the EPD.

If you want to burn all the limbs that dropped from this crazy winter, need to do it this afternoon/evening!

Small Campfires are permitted, no leaves or grass clipping may be burned. Must be in a ring or pit.

I'm really paranoid when it comes to burning. I keep the water hose out and I saturate the ground about 20 feet all the way around it and I make sure it's out 2 or 3 hours before dark. Then, even though I know it's out, I keep going back out and spraying the ground and inside the can just in case there's one ember left in the half foot of water I have in the can at that point. Did I say I was paranoid? :wacko:

• Like 1

I'm the same way, always have the water hose and I don't burn on a windy day.

I have two burn piles of sticks and limbs I haven't been able to burn.......guess I missed my chance.

I heard you can call and get a permit. I may do that one day.

I'm the same way, always have the water hose and I don't burn on a windy day.

I have two burn piles of sticks and limbs I haven't been able to burn.......guess I missed my chance.

I heard you can call and get a permit. I may do that one day.

The number is 770-505-BURN (2876). You just call and listen to a message listing the rules for burning. You don't actually speak to anyone. I guess the record of your incoming call is the permit.

SOOOOOO, I guess the fire that my neighbors son and his friend have in the backyard right now, the same one they are throwing gasoline on, would be a violation. They are burning wood and debris from redoing their front steps. No adults in sight. This is the same kid that drives around the neighborhood. He's 12.

SOOOOOO, I guess the fire that my neighbors son and his friend have in the backyard right now, the same one they are throwing gasoline on, would be a violation. They are burning wood and debris from redoing their front steps. No adults in sight. This is the same kid that drives around the neighborhood. He's 12.

If you call 911 the Fire Dept can go out & investigate if it is a legal burn or not. If not they'll have the home owner put it out. Most get a warning but there are citations & fines for repeat offenders ;)