Paulding.com

Weather Spotter Class offered by Paulding County EMA

The Paulding County Emergency Management Agency will host a Weather Spotter class instructed by the National Weather Service on Wednesday, April 30th. The class is very informative, and covers the following topics

• Basics of thunderstorm development

• Fundamentals of storm structure

• Identifying potential severe weather features

• How to report information to the NWS

• Basic severe weather safety

The SkyWarn/Weather Spotter is a program that the National Weather Service uses to train volunteers to serve as “storm spotters”. These volunteers assist in relaying local weather information to forecasters during severe weather occurrences. If you have a general interest in weather and a desire to serve in your community, this course would be beneficial to you. For more information on SkyWarn please visit the National Weather Service/NOAA website at www.weather.gov; click on Georgia – the link to the course is located in the left column under the heading “Weather Safety”.

When: Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Time: 7:00 pm to approximately 9:00 pm

Where: Mt. Tabor Park

1550 East Paulding Drive

Dallas, GA 30157

The class is free of charge and seating is limited to 40 people. please contact marie Turner by phone at 678-383-3418 or email MTurner@paulding.gov to reserve a spot in the class.

I've been interested in taking this class for years. This particular one is right up the road from me and in the evening, so maybe I will get to attend. Thank you for posting! :)