Paulding.com

People are afraid

To speak out against our commissioners and the Airport Authority on the latest proposals. They are afraid "people" will come after them, destroy their lives and make them very uncomfortable. The are posting under assumed names, creating opposition web sites and Facebook pages anonymously for fear of retribution. They are afraid who they should trust, who they should speak to and how much information they should share.

I grew up in Chicago, one of the most corrupt areas in the nation. I moved the Georgia to get away from the corruption, nepotism and cronysim. Never in a million years did I think this little town of 30,000 people would ever do anything to intimidate those that are of different opinions.

I jumped in with both feet, started volunteering with many youth and civic organizations. I have served on the boards of several local, statewide and nationwide organizations. I watched the county grow from 30,000 to over 140,000. With that haphazard growth there was no planning, no vision and no one that had the foresight to see what impact their money earning projects would have on the citizens of this community.

Poor planning and poor organization has led to secrecy and code names.

I am not against growth in Paulding County, I'm not against jobs in Paulding county, I'm not against bringing others to this county but please show me, show the citizens of this county there is a 5 year plan, a 10 year plan, a 20 year plan. Something that they will share with us about how they see the future of Paulding. I want to know I want to see it, I want the commissioners, the Airport Authority, the IBA and the Chamber to share that with all the citizens. I want open and honest people representing the people of Paulding County.

I'm tired of the lies, every endeavor these "officials" create cost more and more and more money. They have not been good stewards of our taxpayer dollars. The Movie set is costing us thousands and thousands of dollars and is not being used, the airport is costing is thousands and thousands of dollars and is being used as a playground for an elite few.

Stepping off my high horse but there is so much more to be said.

Don't intimidate me, don't make me afraid to exercise my right to redress, my first amendment right to free speech. Please don't make us afraid to speak out against something we don't understand.

Don't bully us anymore and please be honest.

Cathy Helms

edited to add ***This is not directed at any one person, but rather the system we have allowed to develop. The main problem lies with us, the voter.

Edited by tundra
  • Like 10

I know one person who wouldn't be afraid if she still lived here in this town if you got her mad enough. And you know who I'm talking about.

I say, if we all band together and stand up to the politicians of this County and tell them enough is enough, they will have to do something about it. But, people can say they are for it, they will do it, but when it's time to actually do it, they don't show. Why? Like you said, they are afraid to be seen and the repercussions.

I know one person who wouldn't be afraid if she still lived here in this town if you got her mad enough. And you know who I'm talking about.

I say, if we all band together and stand up to the politicians of this County and tell them enough is enough, they will have to do something about it. But, people can say they are for it, they will do it, but when it's time to actually do it, they don't show. Why? Like you said, they are afraid to be seen and the repercussions.

:good:

Edited by tundra
1382115141[/url]' post='3850111']

I'm not afraid.

- Mrs. Heather Howard

8)

What the heck is wrong with me??? Again I meant to give you a plus! I'm just a little shaky right now. sorryI would like to say I am not afraid to stand uo for whats right either, and I have the utmost respect for you!!

Dina Sudan/ crossroads

1382133651[/url]' post='3850189']

What the heck is wrong with me??? Again I meant to give you a plus! I'm just a little shaky right now. sorry. I would like to say I am not afraid to stand uo for whats right either, and I have the utmost respect for you!!

Dina Sudan/ crossroads

What the heck is wrong with me??? Again I meant to give you a plus! I'm just a little shaky right now. sorryI would like to say I am not afraid to stand uo for whats right either, and I have the utmost respect for you!!

Dina Sudan/ crossroads

Fixed it for you....