Paulding.com

Jeffry Lindsey Eberhart, alife-long resident of Paulding County passed away on Thursday, May 23, 2013, at the age of 58.

Jeff was born on September 21, 1954 in New Jersey to Mr. John B. Eberhart and Mrs. Shirley Lindsey Eberhart Leggett.

He and his wife Debra Williams Eberhart married in 1980 and are the parents of Lindsey and Sidney Eberhart. He committed his life to Jesus Christ at the age of 14, August 1968. He currently attends North Paulding Baptist Church with his family. Jeff is a Mason at Bartlett Lodge #139 F&AM in Hiram and Dallas Lodge #182 F&AM. He is also a member of the Yaarab Shrine in Atlanta, GA. Jeff has been involved with gospel music all his life. He studied classical music and has traveled with several quartets. Jeff remained involved with church music and sang at funerals when requested to do so. Jeff traveled the world in the pursuit of his love of hunting. He enjoyed riding his motorcycle and saw one of his many dreams lived out when he and his wife traveled to Sturgis last summer.

Jeff attended Gupton-Jones College of Mortuary Science, graduating as salutatorian in August, 1976. He was voted by his peers to receive the coveted “Bill Pierce” award for professionalism in the funeral service field. He was honored by the Funeral Director’s Salesman’s Association in 1978 for scoring highest in the State of Georgia on the Funeral Director’s Examination. Jeff was elected Coroner of Paulding County at the age of 25 and served from 1980-1992 for a 12 year term. He was the Manager, Funeral Director and Embalmer at Jeff Eberhart Funeral Home along side his family where, his love and passion for funeral service and his community is evident in his longstanding tradition of excellence.

Jeff is survived by his beloved wife of over 30 years Mrs. Debra Eberhart, two daughters Ms. Lindsey Eberhart, and Ms. Sidney Eberhart; sister Ms. Cindy Duncan; mother Mr. & Mrs. Max (Shirley) Leggett all of Dallas, GA; father Mr. Billy Eberhart of Hiram, GA; nephews Mr. Taylor Duncan and Mr. Johnathan Woodward both of Dallas,GA; great niece Ms. Madison Kennedy of Florida; niece Ms. Natalie Woodward of Roswell, GA; step-sister Mr. & Mrs. Stacey (Susan) Whitfield; nephew Mr. Cliff Worthen both of Dallas, GA; sister-in-law Mrs. Teresa Williams; and many other family, colleagues, and friends. He was preceded in death by his nephew Mr. Ben Kennedy who passed in 2004; grand parents Mr. & Mrs. Herbert and Ezma Lindsey; mother in law Mrs. Katie Sue “Mama Sue” Kennedy Williams; and two uncles Cecil Kennedy and Harold Eberhart.

Funeral services for Jeff will be held at the Paulding County Community Center on Sunday, May 26, 2013 at 4 pm with Reverend Thomas Cole, Brother Melton Moss and Reverend Johnathan Woodward officiating. There will be reserved seating for their Wellstar Paulding Family and Funeral Directors. Services will be closed with the Masonic Committal Service. A private interment will follow at a later date.

The family will receive friends at the funeral home on Saturday, May 25, 2013 from 1 – 8 pm and Sunday,May 26 from 1 – 3pm.

In lieu of flowers the family requests that memorial donations be made to the Wellstar Foundation at 2000 Southpark Place, Suite 202, Atlanta, GA, 30339 and The North Paulding Baptist Church Building Fund at 4332 Brushy Mountain Road, Rockmart, GA 30153.

Please join the family inhonoring his life by visiting www.jeffeberhartfuneralhome.com to sign the register book and share a memory.

Our prayers and condolences go out to the Family. We didn't know Mr. Eberhart personally but, I did get the pleasure of hearing him sing "Beulah Land" at a funeral, once. He had an amazing voice!!!

SOOOOOOOO SAD!!!!

:::IHATEMOTORCYCLES:::

Yes, me too. My dad was killed on one before I was born. He swerved to miss a dog that ran out in front of him and that was that. Last weekend my daughter and I had a HUGE blow up over her and her Hubby going with friends to Helen on bikes. HUGE blowup. Luckily, at the last minute she saw the light and refused to go. That is one restriction that I have on everyone in my immediate family. NO MOTORCYCLES. EVER.

This is so sad for everyone involved, my daughters knew his daughters in school. I read about this in the AJC this morning and it was truly an accident according to what I read. What a tragedy. :(

His daughter posted on Facebook that when a truck passed him on his motorcycle, with a trailer he was pulling behind his motorcycle, that it caused him to lose control and wreck...I too hated when my daughter use to ride with her husband...a wreck causing her permanent damage to her leg made her not want to ride again... Someone pulled out in front of them, not her husband's fault...but still both were thrown over the hood of the car and landed on the pavement on 120 Hwy...if you have doubts about the danger... come look at my daughter's knee...

• Like 1