Paulding.com

Code Red Lockdown

Just wondering if anyone knows why Dallas Elementary and Herschel Jones was in a Code Red Lockdown? We drove by Creekside Pines on our way to Dallas Elem and there were a bunch of police officers there and in the subdivison and at the Exterminater place. Police officer at Little Bear too across from Dallas Elem.

Just wondering if anyone knows why Dallas Elementary and Herschel Jones was in a Code Red Lockdown? We drove by Creekside Pines on our way to Dallas Elem and there were a bunch of police officers there and in the subdivison and at the Exterminater place. Police officer at Little Bear too across from Dallas Elem.

That explains the phone call I got saying that all buses from HJ would be released late. :/ THey originally called at 3:22 and said a couple of buses would be released late, and then called back again at 3:47 and said all buses.

My son goes to Austin middle school and his bus driver drives for Dallas elementary. She said they were held there because of a high speed chase in downtown Dallas. My son didn't get home from Austin until after 4:30.

I was in my bank right around the corner from the dallas elem school around this time and someone alerted the tellers as I was being helped and it was said that there was a bank robbery at douglas county bank (by the school) I do not know if this is true or not, but this is what was said while I was in there. Made me want to leave the bank quickly at that point!

I was in my bank right around the corner from the dallas elem school around this time and someone alerted the tellers as I was being helped and it was said that there was a bank robbery at douglas county bank (by the school) I do not know if this is true or not, but this is what was said while I was in there. Made me want to leave the bank quickly at that point!

That makes much more sense than just a high speed chase.

Maybe the high speed chase was a result of the bank robbery?

Exactly.

I am not arguing the point of what the bus drivers were told about a chase.

But think about it............there is no high speed chase that is going to take an hour to go thru Dallas.

A chase would be over in 5 minutes and not cause a need for a Code Red lockdown.

A bank robbery (Or Attempted robbery) would.

Was it a high-speed chase where they got everyone when they stopped the car, or a high speed chase where the perps jumped out, ran and had to be tracked down?

Also - Putting a school on lock down is probably pretty easy - a phone call from the right person based on something that might be happening in the area. Releasing that lock down would by it's nature be a little more involved. The appropriate decision makers would have to confirm to their satisfaction that whatever triggered the lock down was indeed resolved and there is no longer a danger to the students.