Paulding.com

Stabbing late Wednesday night in Heritage subdivision

Recap:

I heard sirens around 10:45pm Wed. night (I live in Faraday Woods subdivision off of Sweetwater Church Rd; 3 minutes from Heritage) so I jumped on the internet to listen to Paulding police scanner... Heard policeman on scanner say (as previously stated):

"Confirmed 10-61 (stabbing)... Whole house covered in blood..."

I then listened to scanner to get address... The initial cop was stating it incorrectly saying Ashton Dr (could tell he was nervous/shaking; must have just seen all the blood). Later on got the accurate address (in previous post). Heard on scanner helicopter was going to land over at Sweetwater Baptist Church so went over there to check things out (11:20pm)... Saw helicopter land then went over to subdivision... Talked to some teenagers at front of subdivision to see if they knew anything but they were just curious why the cops were flying by so told them what I knew... Went home and listened to scanner a little more but no more real details other than that he was life-flighted to Atlanta Medical Center (AMC).

Drove back to cul-de-sac and the house was surrounded with yellow crime tape... My teenager goes to South Paulding High School and I think she may know a little more when she comes home... A teenager may have been the victim... Some rumors were flying around on her twitter this morning...

Will post if I find out anything further...

Recap:

I heard sirens around 10:45pm Wed. night (I live in Faraday Woods subdivision off of Sweetwater Church Rd; 3 minutes from Heritage) so I jumped on the internet to listen to Paulding police scanner... Heard policeman on scanner say (as previously stated):

"Confirmed 10-61 (stabbing)... Whole house covered in blood..."

I then listened to scanner to get address... The initial cop was stating it incorrectly saying Ashton Dr (could tell he was nervous/shaking; must have just seen all the blood). Later on got the accurate address (in previous post). Heard on scanner helicopter was going to land over at Sweetwater Baptist Church so went over there to check things out (11:20pm)... Saw helicopter land then went over to subdivision... Talked to some teenagers at front of subdivision to see if they knew anything but they were just curious why the cops were flying by so told them what I knew... Went home and listened to scanner a little more but no more real details other than that he was life-flighted to Atlanta Medical Center (AMC).

Drove back to cul-de-sac and the house was surrounded with yellow crime tape... My teenager goes to South Paulding High School and I think she may know a little more when she comes home... A teenager may have been the victim... Some rumors were flying around on her twitter this morning...

Will post if I find out anything further...

WOW, did this happen last wed or last night. I am at the front of our neighborood and didn't remember hearing any sirens. But I have been known to go to sleep during a storm and not hear anything either. I might have to ride to the house and check it out.

WOW, did this happen last wed or last night. I am at the front of our neighborood and didn't remember hearing any sirens. But I have been known to go to sleep during a storm and not hear anything either. I might have to ride to the house and check it out.

Last night.

The person stabbed, whose name is withheld because he is a minor, was life-flighted but has since been released from the hospital.

The suspect, Patrica Ann Carman, was charged with aggravated assault (a felony) and cruelty to Children, which may also be a felony. She remains in the Paulding County Jail at this time.

That is all that I have on this so far.

Filling in the lines, it would appear that this might be a mom or step mom/teenage son conflict although this is certainly conjecture (an educated guess) as the relationship between the victim and assailant has not been factually established.

pubby