Paulding.com

Joe Brooks, age 47, of Dallas, GA, passed away Sunday, July 22, 2012.

He was born in Blythville, AR, on December 15, 1964, to Mary Brooks and the late, Glenn D. Brooks. Mr. Brooks had worked for Georgia Tech in the Research Institute for 20 years and was working in Space Management for Georgia State University. He was of the Catholic faith and was a great guy, son, brother and friend.

Survivors include his mother, Mary Blattel Brooks of Dallas, GA; sister, Carol Longfellow of Dallas, GA; nephew, Nathan Brooks; nieces, Christine Longfellow and Sandy Longfellow; and girlfriend, Karen Rheney of Acworth, GA.

The family will receive friends on Tuesday, July 24, 2012, at Clark Funeral Home, from 5:00 PM until 8:00 PM. A memorial service will be held at a later date at the Holy Spirit Catholic Church.

In lieu of flowers, please make donations to: Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, 3525 Piedmont Road, NE, Building 6, Suite 300, Atlanta, GA 30305.

Clark Funeral Home in Hiram, GA is in charge of arrangements. www.samclarkfuneralhome.com

I went to kindergarten through HS with Joe and am just broken hearted to hear of his passing. He was such a good, good guy. I wish I could tell you all just how good he was. Big heart and just very kind. He loved his Mama and worried about her so. Mrs. Brooks- my heart breaks for you.

If any of you participated in the Bowling for Boobies at Stars and Strikes, you will remember him. Great guy.

I meet Joe through bowling for bobbies, and right just fell in love with his personality, and he was always the same. After bowling we talked a lot on fb. I will miss him and his post.

Prayers for him mom and family.

RIP Joe , we will miss you

& HUGS