Paulding.com

COUNTRY FRIED STEAK TODAY AT RODNEY'S

Greetings from the Kitchen!

Great Monday to all! Today (Monday, May 21) for lunch I am making Country Fried Steak, served with Smashed Potatoes, Green Beans, and a fresh Rodney’s Biscuit. And don’t forget we open at 8am for breakfast. We serve breakfast from 8am until 11am on weekdays, and till noon on Saturday and Sunday.

Breakfast or lunch, we’re having a great day here at Rodney’s. Come join us for your next great homemade meal.

Thanks!!!

Rodney

Rodney, I came and got 2 of the CF steak plates today and as usual they were delish. I have one request, however. Please consider wrapping the biscuit or cornbread in waxed paper for the to-go orders. My biscuits were very soggy when we got around to eating! Please?

Rodney, I came and got 2 of the CF steak plates today and as usual they were delish. I have one request, however. Please consider wrapping the biscuit or cornbread in waxed paper for the to-go orders. My biscuits were very soggy when we got around to eating! Please?

Can you advise about what time you came in?

Our packing policy is to place waxed paper above the food, and then place the bread on top of the paper. This should keep bread from getting soggy. I will make sure this happens, and thanks for letting me know!

Regards

Rodney

Can you advise about what time you came in?

Our packing policy is to place waxed paper above the food, and then place the bread on top of the paper. This should keep bread from getting soggy. I will make sure this happens, and thanks for letting me know!

Regards

Rodney

Around 4 pm

While I generally appreciate your food, the fried steak tastes like its from mass-produced frozen. And, honestly, skins in mashed potatoes is off-putting. Skins are what protect the meat of the root from the dirt, where all the pesticides reside. Mashed potatoes should be creamy, not chewy.

• Like 1

I did not realize Rodney's served lunch specials that late?????

Rodney,

How did the "pay what you think it's worth" day go??

Was really pleased with the turn out and what folks paid! We took in a bit more than we normally do, so its an indication folks like my food, and prices are reasonable. We really try hard to put out great home made foods, but I got to admit I was wonderin how it would go!!!!

Thanks for asking

Rodney

While I generally appreciate your food, the fried steak tastes like its from mass-produced frozen. And, honestly, skins in mashed potatoes is off-putting. Skins are what protect the meat of the root from the dirt, where all the pesticides reside. Mashed potatoes should be creamy, not chewy.

Very sorry you didn't like your food. We do all we can to provide great tasting meats and potatoes at a reasonable price. Regarding our potatoes, our "smashed" potatoes are more "country" than our regular mashed potatoes (no skin). Both from fresh potatoes. I do want to let you know our potatoes go through a multi step washing process prior to ever being cooked, and many guests enjoy the skin. However. If you see "smashed" (which has skin) and would like something else, please let Wayne or me know and we will make every effort to accomodate. Thanks for your comments!

Rodney

Today is Thursday please put a date in the title of your post so it does not appear to be today.

You might also want to start including if the special is Lunch or Dinner in the title. It's fine to have it as the opening line of the message, but it would help if we could see the day/meal directly on the Recent Topics page.

That way we know the Roasted Pork is the Lunch special on Thursday, and don't show up for dinner expecting it because we didn't open the topic.

The kids and I enjoyed a great meal last night at Rodneys! It was our first trip there and they were so great and overly accomodating as my lil one was sick!!!!

Very pleased you enjoyed your experience! We deeply appreciate your business, and ask you to return soon.

Thanks again,

Wayne

You might also want to start including if the special is Lunch or Dinner in the title. It's fine to have it as the opening line of the message, but it would help if we could see the day/meal directly on the Recent Topics page.

That way we know the Roasted Pork is the Lunch special on Thursday, and don't show up for dinner expecting it because we didn't open the topic.

Corrected. Thanks for the input!

Wayne

You can't please everybody. I like skins in my 'taters. I can't comment on the CFS because I generally don't eat that much grease. I suggest you try his chilli cheese fries. My kids say they are the bomb.