Paulding.com

Dallas Mayor Boyd Austin presentation

Hi's record and the town speaks for itself,the town is beautiful. At Christmas it looks like a enchanted wonder land,so how does someone compete against that.

I do feel he should move on to another level,he could do well to represent the county. Replace that criminal as senator and represent us at the capital :clapping:

Hi's record and the town speaks for itself,the town is beautiful. At Christmas it looks like a enchanted wonder land,so how does someone compete against that.

I do feel he should move on to another level,he could do well to represent the county. Replace that criminal as senator and represent us at the capital :clapping:

LMAO.. "the town is beautiful" Its an "enchanted wonderland" at Christmas? Seriously? LOL. What cracks me up is that beautification is not a reason to vote for someone. Dont get me wrong.. I LIKE HIM a lot as a person, and we could definitely have a lot worse of a mayor.So i am definitely not sure about the person running against him but that being said...

1. Whats business like in the city of Dallas?

2. Do we have any customers heading downtown to purchase, Drink, Eat, or simply to Grab a book and read while using any of the downtown businesses?

3. Whats happening to bring more business downtown?

These are the important stuff. Not how pretty it is. With businesses fleeing and closing because there is no parking close, no restaurants that bring folks into the city, No businesses adding employees to bring money there.. its not gotten as far as it should have by now. Basically... HIRAM is kicking Dallas' Butt every year in Tax revenue and in serving its citizens without property taxes on their homes...

I'm still with Boyd but I would like to see Dallas Grow business and bring money from other places downtown and help bring people downtown to "see how beautiful" and "wonderlandish" it is.

Animal, Im not attacking you at all, but you have to admit.... That was sorta silly reasoning.

What are you talking about? What criminal Senator?:huh:

LMAO.. "the town is beautiful" Its an "enchanted wonderland" at Christmas? Seriously? LOL. What cracks me up is that beautification is not a reason to vote for someone. Dont get me wrong.. I LIKE HIM a lot as a person, and we could definitely have a lot worse of a mayor.So i am definitely not sure about the person running against him but that being said...

2. Do we have any customers heading downtown to purchase, Drink, Eat, or simply to Grab a book and read while using any of the downtown businesses?

These are the important stuff. Not how pretty it is. With businesses fleeing and closing because there is no parking close, no restaurants that bring folks into the city, No businesses adding employees to bring money there.. its not gotten as far as it should have by now. Basically... HIRAM is kicking Dallas' Butt every year in Tax revenue and in serving its citizens without property taxes on their homes...

I'm still with Boyd but I would like to see Dallas Grow business and bring money from other places downtown and help bring people downtown to "see how beautiful" and "wonderlandish" it is.

Animal, Im not attacking you at all, but you have to admit.... That was sorta silly reasoning.

I'd agree that we need a bit more "life" downtown (allowing outdoor drinking would be a start), but to yearn to be more like Hiram is misguided, imo. I have no interest in becoming a town known for it's strip malls.

mrnn

What are you talking about? What criminal Senator?:huh:

Is your memory that short? the election wasn't that long ago was it? Now who just got elected,and who has trouble walking and chewing bubble gum? Did you guess Paulette,gee her history with the law goes back to domestic violence,tax issues and her past business this was a great canidate news junky.dry.gif

I'd agree that we need a bit more "life" downtown (allowing outdoor drinking would be a start), but to yearn to be more like Hiram is misguided, imo. I have no interest in becoming a town known for it's strip malls.

mrnn

Agreed 100%. But as long as First Baptist and Northside Baptist are around you won't see it. It's sad really.

Ok here is my point of view.

1-Low crime rate

2-Restored Dallas theater

3-Civic center

4-The town services are great

5-Well run town government

6-Very clean town

7-Updated the police force

8-Remember when the nativity scene was under attack,he stood strong and it stayed.

Now if you recall the whole downtown was re-done,parking is an issue that everyone has.The churches and there presence is a family and community strong hold. Churches aren't the problem,if you think they are maybe you should go inside one.:blush:

Also the old court house and the Winn building were turned into college class rooms. Looks like within the limits of Dallas he has done allot.

Edited by Animal

Is your memory that short? the election wasn't that long ago was it? Now who just got elected,and who has trouble walking and chewing bubble gum? Did you guess Paulette,gee her history with the law goes back to domestic violence,tax issues and her past business this was a great canidate news junky.dry.gif

I have said it before Animal, you need to get the facts straight. No Senator who represents Paulding has any problems with the law. Not that I have ever been aware of and I do work at being informed about these things.

Back on topic, I understand Boykin was appointed to the State Immigrations Board this past week.

An anti-illegal immigration activist and a former Georgia lawmaker were named Friday to serve on the state’s new Immigration Enforcement Review Board.

The seven-member board will include Phil Kent, president of an Atlanta-based public relations and media company and national spokesman for Americans for Immigration Control Americans for Immigration Control Latest from The Business Journals Federal red tape cited in farm worker shortageImmigration reform creates divideMost employers may have to use E-Verify system Follow this company , and former state Rep. Robert Mumford, a lawyer from Conyers, Ga., who served two terms in the Georgia House of Representatives.

Also named to the panel were Mike Yeager, serving his fifth term as sheriff

Also appointed by Deal are former Fulton County GOP chairman Shawn Hanley and former state representative and lawyer Ben Vinson. Appointed by Lt. Gov. Casey Cagle are Dallas, Ga., Mayor Boyd Austin and Coweta County Sheriff Mike Yeager. Appointed by House Speaker David Ralston are lawyer Robert Mumford and Colquitt County Commissioner Terry Clark

I have said it before Animal, you need to get the facts straight. No Senator who represents Paulding has any problems with the law. Not that I haver ever been aware of and I do work at being informed about these things.

So your saying that Paulette has no issues with the law,and she is a represenative I stand to be corrected. But she is an elected official with a criminal past.and has a R next to her name.

Edited by Animal
  • 3 weeks later...

So your saying that Paulette has no issues with the law,and she is a represenative I stand to be corrected. But she is an elected official with a criminal past.and has a R next to her name.

The reality is that Boyd is in the wrong district. He'd have to run against Howard Maxwell although he could run against Bill Heath, although I don't see that happening.

pubby

Actually, I do walk downtown. If you get there early enough, there's antiques and a bakery. Nice for a short walk. Its not quite "there" but much better than it used to be. I do wish the tattoo place and dui school would not be so front and center and there could be more places open later like a coffee shop and more places to eat. Maybe I'll get my wish in the future.

Ok here is my point of view.

1-Low crime rate

2-Restored Dallas theater

3-Civic center

4-The town services are great

5-Well run town government

6-Very clean town

7-Updated the police force

8-Remember when the nativity scene was under attack,he stood strong and it stayed.

Now if you recall the whole downtown was re-done,parking is an issue that everyone has.The churches and there presence is a family and community strong hold. Churches aren't the problem,if you think they are maybe you should go inside one.:blush:

Also the old court house and the Winn building were turned into college class rooms. Looks like within the limits of Dallas he has done allot.

I agree with some of these points, but if you walk one block from the court house toward the hospital (West??? I think), you will encounter a not-so-low crime rate. I can also pin-point MANY areas inside Dallas with not-so-low crime rates, its getting worse and not better from what I've seen. That's the number one thing I want the city govt to address.

I agree with some of these points, but if you walk one block from the court house toward the hospital (West??? I think), you will encounter a not-so-low crime rate. I can also pin-point MANY areas inside Dallas with not-so-low crime rates, its getting worse and not better from what I've seen. That's the number one thing I want the city govt to address.

You can't just stop people because they fit the picture, you can't drag them off the street start searching them or force them to take drug test.

The folks that live in these certain areas never call the police.

We all know where they are and what they do and they are carefully watched and the areas well patrolled.

If you push them out then they scatter and do what they do unobserved.

The petty crime is no higher there than all over the county.

Pubby and I ran the stats.

There is a problem everywhere with crimes of convenience, where they drive up and help themselves to anything not locked down and sell it for scrap.

I think because the downtown area is so small we all take notice, but it is everywhere.

They mess up sometimes, like beating someone taking his pants and leaving him in the streets, but for the most part they lay very low and our LE still has to follow the law as far as probable cause.

You can't just stop people because they fit the picture, you can't drag them off the street start searching them or force them to take drug test.

The folks that live in these certain areas never call the police.

We all know where they are and what they do and they are carefully watched and the areas well patrolled.

If you push them out then they scatter and do what they do unobserved.

The petty crime is no higher there than all over the county.

Pubby and I ran the stats.

There is a problem everywhere with crimes of convenience, where they drive up and help themselves to anything not locked down and sell it for scrap.

I think because the downtown area is so small we all take notice, but it is everywhere.

They mess up sometimes, like beating someone taking his pants and leaving him in the streets, but for the most part they lay very low and our LE still has to follow the law as far as probable cause.

There is a crime problem in parts of Dallas. I'm not saying there isn't crime other places, but this is where I live, and I know it exists and is getting worse. Some of those people do call the police in those areas. Are you really saying that it is futile to combat crime in Dallas?

I think that is priority one for Dallas government, even above the beautification. Crime is a problem and is getting bigger. That's what I want addressed.

Drugs are being sold in public on the streets, that's not petty crime. I've witnessed it. That may lead to petty crime and other problems, but the drugs are the root and our local police need the resources and latitude to deal with a problem that is getting bigger.

Edited by Mariposa

There is a crime problem in parts of Dallas. I'm not saying there isn't crime other places, but this is where I live, and I know it exists and is getting worse. Some of those people do call the police in those areas. Are you really saying that it is futile to combat crime in Dallas?

I think that is priority one for Dallas government, even above the beautification. Crime is a problem and is getting bigger. That's what I want addressed.

Drugs are being sold in public on the streets, that's not petty crime. I've witnessed it. That may lead to petty crime and other problems, but the drugs are the root and our local police need the resources and latitude to deal with a problem that is getting bigger.

Call the police when you see it, they want to get these guys.

There will be a forum tomorrow night 7pm at the Dallas theater, talk ask questions.

It is not futile, but it is hard to catch the guys that jump out of a truck, grab something for scrap and drive off.

They do catch them, ask to look at the arrest records, they do catch some of them.

If you harass them with searches they may leave, but they go somewhere else in the county and keep doing what they do.

For every 10 you lock up, 10 more replace them. We have a huge Meth problem here.

As long as people keep deciding to do drugs it will never end.

I understand your concerns but please call Mayor Austin and I know he will be more than happy to address these concerns with you personally. I don't even live in the city limits but have found him to be extremely helpful with any questions and/or concerns I might have.

I am going to try to attend tomorrow. I'm not faulting Mayor Austin or the police. I do get frustrated because I see it getting worse, but there's probably a lot being done that I don't see.

I'm voting for Austin, not complaining against him :). I like what they've done to downtown and hope it continues, but what I want them focused on, more than anything, is crime. Just letting that be known.

Call the police when you see it, they want to get these guys.

There will be a forum tomorrow night 7pm at the Dallas theater, talk ask questions.

It is not futile, but it is hard to catch the guys that jump out of a truck, grab something for scrap and drive off.

They do catch them, ask to look at the arrest records, they do catch some of them.

If you harass them with searches they may leave, but they go somewhere else in the county and keep doing what they do.

For every 10 you lock up, 10 more replace them. We have a huge Meth problem here.

As long as people keep deciding to do drugs it will never end.

Harass the heck out of them!!!! Let them go somewhere else...hopefully at least out of county. Make it tough so that they do take up and move to where life is easier to do drugs. Maybe we can't defeat them totally, but get them out of here.