Paulding.com

Is this YOUR House?

90% of homes in America lack the proper insulation or Heat Barriers. This causes your home to lose your heat rapidly at a rate of more than 80% through the roof in the winter and during the summer your home has added heat coming through your ceiling via your attic. Stop wasting your money every day. There is not one time during the year that Radiant Heat Barriers wouldnt save you cash!!!! Its simple, inexpensive, has a $500 Tax Credit and can be installed in less than 1/2 of a day. Please consider using DGLS for your installation purchase and SAVE YOUR GR$$N while being GR$$N.

EVERY DAY we add to your SAVINGS PLAN with DGLS.

post-41546-0-01583500-1312816836_thumb.jpg

What's the approximate cost for one of these for a 3,100 sq ft house...pretty much rectangular in the attic...

I would have to just quickly look at the attic space to see how easily the installation would be.

1. Is the house a single story because if the house is multiple levels the attic space wouldnt be 3100Sqft. Plus if the installation is completed this month you also get a 200$ discount because of the Money Mailer i sent out.

2. Adding the Radiant heat barrier is equal to more than 4ft of blown in insulation which saves a lot of $$

3. I will assure you its cheaper than having insulation added by anyone locally.

I would have to just quickly look at the attic space to see how easily the installation would be.

1. Is the house a single story because if the house is multiple levels the attic space wouldnt be 3100Sqft. Plus if the installation is completed this month you also get a 200$ discount because of the Money Mailer i sent out.

2. Adding the Radiant heat barrier is equal to more than 4ft of blown in insulation which saves a lot of $$

3. I will assure you its cheaper than having insulation added by anyone locally.

HAHA....blond moment...yes, it is a 2-story...I don't know what I was thinking not including that :)

So, I guess maybe around 1,500 sq ft, perhaps.

HAHA....blond moment...yes, it is a 2-story...I don't know what I was thinking not including that :)

So, I guess maybe around 1,500 sq ft, perhaps.

I sent you a quote. Its a rough guess since i have not seen the homes attic. Remember that once Radiant barrier is installed there will never be any extra insulation needed nor will you have to get Radiant barrier again for the same home. Its a lifetime warranty and a 20% energy savings pledge from the manufacture.

Do Radiant Barriers Qualify? YES!!

• The new allowance is 10% for the 2011 tax year. Labor costs do not qualify for the rebate. The maximum credit is $500 for the combined years of 2006-2011. Talk to your tax professional for more details.
  • The product must be "Placed In Service" between January 1, 2011 and December 31, 2011 - And you shoud file by April 15, 2012, Here is the new Manufacturer's Certification Certificate for 2011. You will also need the 2011 version of IRS Form 5695 (it's expected to be released by the IRS late in 2011)
  • Tax Credit can only be used for the taxpayers primary residence.
  • The improvement (or product) must be expected to last at least 5 years or have a 2 year warranty
  • Here is complete information from RIMA - Reflective Insulation Manufacturers Association. Please note - this letter is discusses the question of whether or not radiant barrier is included in the tax credit. As of February 2010 the notice from the IRS was that Radiant Barrier Foil Insulation IS included and DOES qualify for the tax credit. Unless the IRS changes it's mind and issues a negative ruling, radiant barriers are still included. IF a negative ruling is ever issued (we don't anticipate this) it would be effective FROM the issue date. All products sold/installed before the date would be "grand-fathered" into the tax credit.

I would love a rough estimate too. I have a 2 story on basement... the downstairs is open (2 story celing in the living room and foryer so it's is aweful to heat/cool. Can you inbox me something?

Its impossible without Sq Footage. Im sorry mam, its just that its all done by the SQ Ft and I would have to measure your attic space.

I have to admit, I'm curious also. Our attic is around 1,300 sq ft.

What is the thing with the light bulbs?

We have some fluorescent ones in the kitchen and some traditional tiny ones for the chandelier. I think the rest are some bulbs I got at the store where it said they lasted for 5 or 10 years?

I got an estimate for blown insulation for our rental house and the quote was $800, so this (Radiant Barrier Foil) will be cheaper???? It's actually for blown 5" over the "old" carport (336 sf) and 8" blown over the main house (1,056 sf). This will bring the insulation up to code ......R30 @ 10 1/4". We'd like to get a quote, also. :yahoo:

I have to admit, I'm curious also. Our attic is around 1,300 sq ft.

What is the thing with the light bulbs?

We have some fluorescent ones in the kitchen and some traditional tiny ones for the chandelier. I think the rest are some bulbs I got at the store where it said they lasted for 5 or 10 years?

The LED lights that i supply usually are no larger than 9 watts max. typical size is 7 watts. my LEDs have ZERO mercury in them which makes them NON toxic and NON Poisonous unlike the CFL's that supposed to last 5 years. The CFLs are rated for 10,000 hours max and never reach 1/2 of that life and MY LEDS last between 35,000-50,000 hours and use even less energy. they are pretty amazing to say the least.

The Radiant barrier is an amazing way to keep the heat away from your insulation which keeps it from penetrating it and moving into your home. it reflects 96% of the heat during the summer and keep IN the heat during the winter.. the best part is that in 7 years you will not need to REDO the insulation or Radiant barrier as this has a lifetime warranty. please send me your info and I will bring by the demo kit and sample, take measurements and let you know exactly the cost and all. its simple and easy. I hope to be able to do this for you all.

I got an estimate for blown insulation for our rental house and the quote was $800, so this (Radiant Barrier Foil) will be cheaper???? It's actually for blown 5" over the "old" carport (336 sf) and 8" blown over the main house (1,056 sf). This will bring the insulation up to code ......R30 @ 10 1/4". We'd like to get a quote, also. :yahoo:

thats 1.40 less per square foot than my friend was getting and he has 102 rentals. If my math is correct your only paying .57 cents a square foot.... thats amazing and is less than the radiant barrier. The radiant barrier is a FOREVER fix though. Its also something you can stack and store on top of. It creates a seal and not just a "resistance" or "R" factor.

I will be getting the radiant barriers in the spring, I use my attic for storage so I don't want the blown in stuff.

I will also be changing all my outdoor lighting and pool to LED, we use them a lot so the warranty is well worth the price of the bulbs.

The one thing Doug does not talk about much which a customer of his told me about is the lack of bugs from the LED.

We spend a lot of time outdoors, the bugs are horrible especially at night in the pool and under the lights when sitting outside. I hate yellow light you can't see anything.