Paulding.com

I'm in the process of getting new business cards made and I want to know what catches your eye. Such as the design, pictures etc. I'm going to be putting one picture on my business cards and I would also like to know what type of a picture would catch your eye as well. The pictures would be of a bride and groom, baby face, or a head shot.

I thank you in advance for your suggestions and comments.

My vote would be for a baby face. The cutest baby you have in your portfolio. I would only go with the bride or groom if you have something really unique and really close up. A far off picture will not do justice on a business card. JMO but I do look at a lot of business cards :)

I'm in the process of getting new business cards made and I want to know what catches your eye. Such as the design, pictures etc. I'm going to be putting one picture on my business cards and I would also like to know what type of a picture would catch your eye as well. The pictures would be of a bride and groom, baby face, or a head shot.

I thank you in advance for your suggestions and comments.

You know me all about marketing :lol: so I am for creating a logo and branding yourself with that logo.

You do not want to use the dime a dozen camera logo most photographers use.

You are so different than most photographers, you only do on sight with natural light, you take hundreds of pictures then give the cd's to the client to use in any medium they choose without a copyright.

The quality of every photo is so good that you can use them for anything, I had 8x10's made, cards, ornaments and albums made with your Cd. All of that including your fee cost me less than a studio session with a 11x14 and a handful of 5x7's would have cost.

I think you need to brand what you do, so that when people see that logo they will associate it with the photographer that does exactly what you do.

I know you burned my CD as soon as the session was over, I popped it in my computer and ordered many enlargements through Sam's the very next day at my convenience.

I could have had them in an hour if I wished.

My daughter ordered some from Sam's even they know you as the photographer that does not copyright.

I agree with LPPT. Branding is really important. As much as we all like to look at beautiful pictures, you need something that represents you and what you, something to you can use on everything, from business cards, to shirts, to contracts, to anything else you can think up.

You should really talk to Jimmy about designing your logo and getting your cards done. He does an excellent job with logos and his prices for printing are AMAZING.

www.vanadorr.com elwood@vanadorr.com

If you are going to be leaving them in places - I would avoid weddings and baby pictures unless that is the only thing you do because to me --- if I saw it --- I would think you were only a wedding photographer or did child portraits.

You could do what some people do; however, have a couple of different cards made and then if you talk to someone with kids - give them the kid card and if you talk to someone interested in wedding, give them the wedding card.

Personally, I would have a logo made and go with it.

I agree with LPPT. Branding is really important. As much as we all like to look at beautiful pictures, you need something that represents you and what you, something to you can use on everything, from business cards, to shirts, to contracts, to anything else you can think up.

Having just purchased 1,000 bizz cards, I would agree. The main point is contact info, phone, addy, (and email address)...I forgot that one, since I had just created a website right about the same time I ordered my cards. You use your website for all the nice pics. ;) I guess it's what someone really wise once told me about them- they are SMALL, and most people over 40 need reading glasses to read them, so you wanna focus on the written info more than anything else.

JMO....but my opinion is not so much mine as it is good friends who run their own bizz...most are older than me, so I just listen to them. ;) Most ALL people have something to offer, but the older ones, I really pay attention to.

Oh yeah, one more thing..I would never get the 2-sided ones (like with a map on the back, etc.) because having a nice clear back, you'll often need to write something down for your customer. So, I stay away from glossy finish, and only one side.