Paulding.com

I go to Life Church which is just below Sweetwater/Brownsville Rd on Hwy. 92 (going toward D'ville)

I was getting ready to leave church today. I was standing out front and looked out by the road and saw smoke. I commented that there was smoke then I noticed flames. So several guys took off to go put it out .Then we noticed up the road between the church and sweetwater rd. there was another fire.

We had to call the fire dept out for it. That one got too out of control and we had to let the fire dept take care of it. Apparently there were at least 4 different fires on Hwy. 92 between D'ville and Sweetwater (Food Lion and Brownsville)

Not sure what is going on lately with people starting fires.

It may not be someone intentionally setting them. It could be something like we saw once where a truck was pulling a trailer and the chain connected to the trailer hitch was hitting the pavement causing sparks to fly into the dry grass at the edge of the road causing it to flame & spread. I hope someone is not intentionally setting them anyway!

• Like 1

It may not be someone intentionally setting them. It could be something like we saw once where a truck was pulling a trailer and the chain connected to the trailer hitch was hitting the pavement causing sparks to fly into the dry grass at the edge of the road causing it to flame & spread. I hope someone is not intentionally setting them anyway!

I thought maybe the first one was because someone threw out a cigarette but once we saw that there were multiples then we knew was not a cigarette...but possibly someone doing it on purpose.

Didn't think about anything like that. Wonder what is going on lately. There was something on tv just the other day where fires were being set.

Yeah I tried to call 911 5 times to report the one on 278 and got no answer, then busy signal twice, then twice again no answer. I figured by the time I got through someone would have already reported it. Hope that was the case, anyway.

Something like no answer even one times needs to be reported .