Paulding.com

Evan Cooper Higdon, infant son of Brian & Ashley Higdon, passed away Wednesday, February 2, 2011. He was born January 24, 2011, in Austell, GA. Survivors include his parents, Brian & Ashley Higdon of Hiram, GA; brother, Dylan Trey Higdon of Hiram, GA; sister, Cierra Celest Pearl Higdon of Hiram, GA; grandparents, Gary & Tammy Burns of Hiram, GA and Pearl Prater of Orlando, FL; great-grandparents, Elton Ray & Lilla Mae Martin of Acworth, GA.

A memorial service will be Monday, February 7, 2011, at 5:00 PM, from Clark Funeral Home, with Pastor Jeff Winburn officiating. The family will receive friends at the funeral home on Monday, February 7, 2011, from 4:00 PM until the service time.

In lieu of flowers, please make donations to the family.

Clark Funeral Home, Hiram, GA, is in charge of the arrangements.

(www.samclarkfuneralhome.com)

Prayers will be lifted up. One can never imagine the pain of losing a child of any age but when you are a woman who shares this loss you have a bit of an understanding. :(

We have a group of mothers and grandmothers at West Ridge that try to help get ladies through these difficult times of grief and the years that follow.

Please pm me if I can help in any way or if anyone falls into this category and would like to participate in our special Mother's Day Tea to celebrate these short lives or the grief of infertility.

After 16 + years, it still amazes me how many ladies and families have endured the loss of a child. No one shares this loss, until it happens to you..... I have two children in Heaven and two on earth and though its difficult and sometimes I wonder WHY? I have been given grace and peace through the years :)

Prayer for this family and others who have suffered losses lately......

• Like 1

I truly believe that there is NOT karma or such as that. Everything happens for a reason and what does NOT kill you does make you stronger and helps you to persevere. I am blessed with two awesome children who are now teens (pray for me) and I may NOT have them had MY other plans succeeded. Thankfully, I am NOT in charge!!!!!

It is comforting when others share their loss for some going through this. You think the pain may never get better at the time, but with support and prayer..... it can happen.

Edited by Kim Cobb PCSB Post 3

Rest in Peace sweet baby Evan :(

I truly believe that there is NOT karma or such as that. Everything happens for a reason and what does NOT kill you does make you stronger and helps you to persevere. I am blessed with two awesome children who are now teens (pray for me) and I may NOT have them had MY other plans succeeded. Thankfully, I am NOT in charge!!!!!

It is comforting when others share their loss for some going through this. You think the pain may never get better at the time, but with support and prayer..... it can happen.

I am so very sorry for your loss. I will pray for you and all of the other families who have lost a child. I can not begin to imagine what you go through. :(