Paulding.com

Marijuana and booze do mix!

Since my subject did not intrigue y'all before, now maybe you will find out about some awesome authors coming on Saturday. Added benefit of being here is meeting Michegirl with her Miche bags! We hope you will join us.

Join us at The Book Worm for An Appalachian Christmas!

Local author J.Bryant Ray signs his novella "Pot O' Gold"; the story of Willie Smith, a hard working, church going, military veteran just trying to make a living. But through his interactions with various men and women in the county he's led down ... (more)a nefarious path that leads to struggles with local sheriffs, corrupt county judges and the DEA.

This is the Marijuana part (picture of book to be added when p.com frees up a bit)

Willie Smith is hoping this years' crop will have a higher yield, while Detective Sam Johnson hopes this will be his last confiscation. Meanwhile George Winston believes his political connections will allow him to fully fund his retirement.

In "Mist Over the Mountain", Ray leads you to "local" roadhouse, Proud Mary's, where you'll meet men and women at various points in their life, in different situations and from different backgrounds all brought together over a hot plate and a cold drink.

D.Jay Powell promotes his book, "Appalachian Foothills"; an absolute must for anyone planning their Appalachian getaway. Filled with fun facts, local hot-spots and favourite destinations, it's the perfect companion for any traveler.

And to top it all off, see excerpts from the 2009 Emmy Award winning documentary, "The Last One". This feature documents the life of Moonshiner, Popcorn Sutton and follows as he sets off into the hills of Southern Appalachia to make one last batch of illegal liquor.

(This is the booze part, pics to be added)

Pick up a copy and sample some true Bluegrass music with special airings of "The Queen Family" and "Unclouded Day"; a compilation of spoken word and traditional Bluegrass tunes! A huge event featuring great stories and great music, The Book Worm is pleased to present An Appalachian Christmas!

Music will be cranked up and feet will be tappin' at 10am. Signings are from 12 to 2pm!

Come support the locals! Hot chocolate and coffee will warm your innards and we might find you a sugary treat too!

thelastone.jpg

potofgold.jpg

O.M.G! I have to tell you the boom, boom, boom- is much better than the jackhammer that they were using literally ALL day on Monday. I got to the store at 9:30am, left after 6:00 and they were still going. My brain was addled and I couldn't hear anything.

It's really going to suck when they come to our side of the street and start :( .

O.M.G! I have to tell you the boom, boom, boom- is much better than the jackhammer that they were using literally ALL day on Monday. I got to the store at 9:30am, left after 6:00 and they were still going. My brain was addled and I couldn't hear anything.

It's really going to suck when they come to our side of the street and start :( .

Maybe they will finish fixing it on Sunday when we are not there. Rhonda, you haven't endured the boom, boom, boom yet so you can't comment. Just take some aspirin before you come in on Monday. It is not bad for shoppers, just the help.

RIP Popcorn.

I might stop by Sat when I come outta the woods since Ill be out here anyway.

Where are yall located?

We are in downtown Powder Springs. 2-3 turns from any main road. A few blocks from where Brownsville Road deadends, if that helps.

From 278 in Hiram and 92 (the big shopping area, just head away from Hiram toward Marietta and turn right at Powder Springs-Dallas Hwy. Go just past the the 1st light and we are on the right side of the road where the 2nd light is.

Maybe they will finish fixing it on Sunday when we are not there. Rhonda, you haven't endured the boom, boom, boom yet so you can't comment. Just take some aspirin before you come in on Monday. It is not bad for shoppers, just the help.

Yes I did, remember? The jackhammer was Monday, the boom-boom-boom started on Tuesday. Sounds like they were 'shelling' outside the building. You are talking about the sheet of metal they laid across the hole they dug, right?

Nothing could be worse than the jackhammer :p.

Yes I did, remember? The jackhammer was Monday, the boom-boom-boom started on Tuesday. Sounds like they were 'shelling' outside the building. You are talking about the sheet of metal they laid across the hole they dug, right?

Nothing could be worse than the jackhammer :p.

Yes, shelling has stopped, hammering is back. It only bothers you, let's not scare the customers away :glare: Besides, Saturday they should take the day off so everybody needs to stop in!

Yes, shelling has stopped, hammering is back. It only bothers you, let's not scare the customers away :glare: Besides, Saturday they should take the day off so everybody needs to stop in!

I talked to Brit after I posted. She told me the jackhammer is back today which means they should be finished with it by this evening. That bodes well for it to be all clear for the booksignings tomorrow :yahoo: .

The jackhammer is just tremendously annoying btw, not scary :p .

I talked to Brit after I posted. She told me the jackhammer is back today which means they should be finished with it by this evening. That bodes well for it to be all clear for the booksignings tomorrow :yahoo: .

The jackhammer is just tremendously annoying btw, not scary :p .

No, your scary, not the jackhammer :rofl: Remember how much I love you if you choose to reply! :wub:

No, your scary, not the jackhammer :rofl: Remember how much I love you if you choose to reply! :wub:

LOL!

Yes, I am a little scary. Ray said as much this morning when I commented on some television program and that I couldn't understand what would motivate anyone to even be slightly interested in it. He said "Rhondella, you are not a normal woman". ;)

Wasn't quite sure how I was supposed to take that so I choose to believe it was a compliment :lol: .

LOL!

Yes, I am a little scary. Ray said as much this morning when I commented on some television program and that I couldn't understand what would motivate anyone to even be slightly interested in it. He said "Rhondella, you are not a normal woman". ;)

Wasn't quite sure how I was supposed to take that so I choose to believe it was a compliment :lol: .

I think it is safe for Ray for you to have done that :blush: