Paulding.com

Bakers Bridge/Sweetwater Church Road

If you live or travel on Bakers Bridge Road toward Douglasville then you know there is an urgent need for a turn signal at that light. I have contacted Douglas County and they said it is a Paulding County issue since the County line is right there. They said they are willing to work with Paulding County. I am urging everyone to contact George Jones at the Paulding County DOT. So they can help with this problem before someone gets hurt.

240 Constitution Blvd.

Dallas, GA 30132

770-443-7567 ext 202

Edited by Deputy Gomer Pyle
changed phone number according to Caped Crusader

Just imagine how bad it would be if the BOE had gone through with putting over 300 homes off Bakers Bridge into Hutchins Elementary!

You are right. All it would take is having that light cycle through to only allow one side of Bakers Bridge (Dorris Rd) go at a time. The turn light wouldn't have much affect without a turn lane and I don't see that happening in the near future.

In the meantime, they could at least cycle the light.

If you live or travel on Bakers Bridge Road toward Douglasville then you know there is an urgent need for a turn signal at that light. I have contacted Douglas County and they said it is a Paulding County issue since the County line is right there. They said they are willing to work with Paulding County. I am urging everyone to contact George Jones at the Paulding County DOT. So they can help with this problem before someone gets hurt.

240 Constitution Blvd.

Dallas, GA 30132

770-445-4759

I stopped going that way and now use Ridge Rd.

I have a question... what did Mr. Jones offer as a solution?

BOE= Board of Education??? If so, what has the BOE got to do with it???? They don't build houses nor do they have a say so on who builds houses. Or, am I missing something here? please explain. tia

It does need to be a bigger intersection with turn lanes & turn signals.

I had the same question at first but after re-reading it, I believe it was a matter of potentially redistricting those 300 houses. Not building 300 more.

BOE= Board of Education??? If so, what has the BOE got to do with it???? They don't build houses nor do they have a say so on who builds houses. Or, am I missing something here? please explain. tia

It does need to be a bigger intersection with turn lanes & turn signals.

240 Constitution Blvd.

Dallas, GA 30132

770-445-4759

Mr (s) bear...

just spoke to George Jones...

From talking to him, Douglas County "OWNS" that intersection.

Keary Lord is in charge of D-ville his number is 678-715-5372

I have an idea...

call me and let's have a POW WOW!

(my number is below) ;)

• 1 month later...

I had the same question at first but after re-reading it, I believe it was a matter of potentially redistricting those 300 houses. Not building 300 more.

Yes: Abbington, Canterbury Lane, Spencer Place and part of Carrington Lakes was set to be redistricted to Hutchins. If you have any clue how many car riders there are at Dugan, you know what a nightmare that would've been. My bet is it wouldn't have taken too long to have some horrific accidents there. After so long, people get frustrated and make turns they don't have time to make.

Thank GOD the BOE reconsidered!!

Yeah, a turn signal would be useless without a turning lance with adequate storage length. That's where you get into the money issue, especially if it required having to purchase extra right-of-way to handle the additional 12' wide lane. But I would agree with you, because at certain times of the day, only one car can get through the light...sometimes just the car making the left.

Having said that, I still think a traffic light at Ridge and 61 should be top priority right now. That's just a freaking joke that has gone on for way too many years. Two major arteries with only a 4-way stop. :wacko:

Yep, have you ever timed the wait in the Rush Hour.

In the morning, we purposely went down Ridge Road instead of Nebo, because the wait is much shorter to get through.

Having said that, I still think a traffic light at Ridge and 61 should be top priority right now. That's just a freaking joke that has gone on for way too many years. Two major arteries with only a 4-way stop. :wacko:

Yep, have you ever timed the wait in the Rush Hour.

In the morning, we purposely went down Ridge Road instead of Nebo, because the wait is much shorter to get through.

Never times it, but I've hit it coming from 61 heading north and sat there for a small lifetime! Then you have the white STOP line on the Mulberry side that was painted about 40 feet further from the intersection than it should have been. That's also a major blunder. With that much traffic at that one intersection, the fact that a 4-say stop sign is still used, just makes you scratch your head in awe of how inept things are with the "powers that be". It's just such an "IN YOUR FACE" kinda thing that screams, "FIX ME DAMMIT!!!".

Sure there are quite a few places that could use a light here and there, caution light, yellow "slow the hell down" signs, etc. but the intersection in question was a no-brainer for so many years...why???? How??? It defies reason that it's still not fixed.

Why don't you go down Austin Bridge Road? It will bring you on to SweetWater Church Road then you can go right or left to Douglasville. I quit going down BakerBridge Road for that reason and there is not alot of traffic or school buses on Austin Bridge Road!!!!

Edited by jjy7you