Paulding.com

Teachers Against Barnes

I totally see your point, I think teaching is one of the hardest jobs on earth. However, there ARE teachers and schools that take what they have and turn a school around. Even in low income high crime areas. Like the ones in Chicago. I am not a fan of tenure, but I also am not a fan of basing a teacher's job or pay ONLY on student performance. I have seen and known some teachers who should not have a job anymore. They are/were burnt out and just putting in time until they retired. I have also known teachers who lost their jobs (recently) who were amazing teachers. I think it just goes to show out system doesn't work. But the idea that teachers are against Barnes for the tenure issues of his last term seem a moot point at this time. More teachers lost jobs under Perdue than they ever did with Barnes. My biggest question is WHY are our choices Barnes and Deal? is this the best we have to offer?

I agree there are teachers who excell despite a bad situation and there are those who should not be teaching. You have both extremes in any job. I didn't mean to imply that teachers have no impact on student achievement, I just want people to understand that student achievement is a complex issue. It looks like a simple issue to say get rid of the bad teachers and only keep the good ones, but finding a true measure of who is good and who is not can not be based on one single test.

I do not forget how Roy Barnes dumped on teachers, but I wouldn't have voted for him anyway. I WILL NOT vote for Deal. I wish Karen Handel was still a choice.

Karen Handel lost. End of story. I voted for her as well, but now I will give Deal a chance. Barnes had it and King Roy dumped his "will" on the masses enough!! A vote for Deal is a vote against King Roy!!

Its called REALITY! All you Dems can join him, Harry Reid, and Pelosi in the cry fest WednesdaY!

I LOVE overconfidence. 8)

Pay raise? Some people don't even have jobs.

They are both lawyers but only one of them is a crook. Karen Handel was my first choice, but Nathan Deal is a bad choice.

My hubby hasn't had a pay raise in years, but the company knows he won't leave because no one else will pay him what he makes now or has the benefits. Plus, now we have to pay for our own ins. which used to be paid 100% by the company after he worked there 7 years. So, he got a pay cut if we include that. I think a 4% pay raise is much better than what teachers got under Perdue. How many days did they not get paid for last year?