Paulding.com

What type of person poisons their spouse?

Real TRUE crime happens all the time. I read a lot of true crime books and wonder why. It seems almost sick to me that I am so intrigued by what makes us want to know why anyone would rob, kill or inflict countless other crimes against others. :nea:

Our True Crime section is on sale today for an additional 20% off today but really, feel free to give your thoughts on why we really want to read them?

Good, bad or indifferent, your opinion counts! ;)

Open until 6 pm tonight!

I am a huge Anne Rule fan. I love true crime, but I feel the way you do - it does seem sick that I am so intrigued by it. I guess I like the forensics and the psychology behind the crimes. IDK. :pardon: I wish I could make it there before y'all closed!

I am a huge Anne Rule fan. I love true crime, but I feel the way you do - it does seem sick that I am so intrigued by it. I guess I like the forensics and the psychology behind the crimes. IDK. :pardon: I wish I could make it there before y'all closed!

We are open until 7pm tomorrow, if that helps!

If you have any books on Audrey Marie Hilley then anyone who is interested in true crime NEEDS to read them. I know one was titled "Black Widow" and there is at least one more. Audrey Marie Hilley killed her husband with arsenic and also gave it to her MIL although it did not kill her. She kept giving arsenic to her teen-age daughter but she just would NOT die!!!

Anyone who enjoys reading true crime stories SHOULD read the books about Audrey Marie Hilley from Anniston, AL. I don't know if you have any of them or not but one is "Black Widow" but I can't remember the name of them. Audrey killed her husband with arsenic and although she gave it to her MIL it didn't kill her. She poisoned her daughter but she just would not die!! Audrey skipped out on LE and married but faked her death and returned to her husband as his wife's twin sister. YEP - this IS a true story!! She was convicted for killing her 1st husband and while on a week-end furlough from Tutwiler Prison in Montgomery, AL she disappeared. Very intriguing story with Judith Light playing her part. A movie was made of her life but as always SO much of it was left out of the movie.

I have never read true crime books, but I love to read the Dateline crime stories. They are so much better than watching it on tv. I have no clue why I like this sort of thing, but I'm a little happier knowing that I'm not the only one! :) I guess I better try some books.

I have never read true crime books, but I love to read the Dateline crime stories. They are so much better than watching it on tv. I have no clue why I like this sort of thing, but I'm a little happier knowing that I'm not the only one! :) I guess I better try some books.

ME TOO!! With me it goes back to being in Chicago Summer 1966 during the time of the Chicago Nurse Murders:

http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/unknown-chicago/2010/07/the-student-nurse-murders-7-14-1966.html

And, then the Charles Manson murder spree the Summer 1969.

Ever since I've been intrigued by true crimes. I love watching Investigation Discovery, Forensic Files, Investigators, etc on TV. Having lived near Anniston, AL during the disappearance of Audrey Marie Hilley and there being so much news coverage I've always been interested in her story as well.

I'm reading the book about the FBI agent that went undercover with the Hells Angels right now - Very interesting. Its like a true crime encyclepdia.

As for posioning a spouse...the first time my wife cooked me diner I thought i was poisioned - does that count?

Ann Rule is my all time favorite of true crime! :yahoo:

Although now I no longer read ANY true crime at all because it began making my ANXIETY to skyrocket and my health is more important then reading the "gory" tale of someones life ending.

BUT, :good: :good: (two thumbs up) for Ann Rule!!! SHE ROCKS!!! :yahoo: :drinks: :clapping:

Edited by peach34