Paulding.com

More tax and spend Republicans

Sonny Perdue stays true to his lying, tax and spend self all the way to the bitter end. The Ga 400 toll should have ended, but as usual, the Republicans just can't wean themselves from that taxpayer funded teat. Sonny will be grabbing with both hands as his time gets short, but it is almost worth it to know that he can never be governor again.

And Deal can't even manage his own money so he will be worse than Perdue.

GO ROY!

Remember, Sonny was a party swithcer. he is stil basicly a RINO, and slips back into the Democrate mode of never meeeting a tax that he didn't like. The people who work for the toll agency have a vested intrest in kepping the toll, if it goes away, they lose thier jobs. So they will come up with any excuse to keep the toll.

Sonny Perdue stays true to his lying, tax and spend self all the way to the bitter end. The Ga 400 toll should have ended, but as usual, the Republicans just can't wean themselves from that taxpayer funded teat. Sonny will be grabbing with both hands as his time gets short, but it is almost worth it to know that he can never be governor again.

And Deal can't even manage his own money so he will be worse than Perdue.

GO ROY!

oh yeah roy was great....you have a short memory ...ask a teacher about good ol bill,,,oh sorry barnes

I never drive on it so it does not matter to me either way. But it seems as though the toll was to pay for the extension and other projects. Anyway the extension is finished and the toll was scheduled to go away in 2011. Got it. Now it seems as though the government wants to do more improvements to 400 paid for by the toll extension. It is unlikely that these improvements could be funded solely by the state in the current economic climate. So the questions remain. Are the improvement required and will those improvements help you as you drive on the toll road or it's northern section? As I said, I do not know, but it seems as though the improvements might help things. The taxes / tolls are not going anywhere but projects on 400 so it seems that you would be happy that those that use it pay for it. :pardon:

My link

I don't recall a TOLL road that is free now. Once they've got that money coming in, it's too hard to let it go.

Once a TOLL, always a TOLL, regardless of how the politicans spin it.

Kentucky got rid of most of their toll roads after they were paid for.

Good luck finding many more

King Roy had nothing to do with it.

Hey dude! Do you have one of those PALM READING places or do you just specialize in mind reading or is it that you just consider yourself a damn know-it-all?

Just how the hell would you know whether Governor Barnes had anything to do with it or not?

One thing IS for sure. That dumb ass Sonny Perdue had a lot to do with business being off 50%. And that "genius" Nathan Deal will bend us all over even more. That idiot is going in $2.8 Million in the hole and you people aren't smart enough to vote against him.

Then they should not make any improvement to it either right?

The 400 toll actually took in enough money to pay for its construction in two years. GA DOT has been milking the profits and making minimum payments on the bond. This is a much bigger tax than Sonny wants anyone to know about.

The 400 toll actually took in enough money to pay for its construction in two years. GA DOT has been milking the profits and making minimum payments on the bond. This is a much bigger tax than Sonny wants anyone to know about.

Reality is this has nothing to do with Republicans or Democrats. Whoever is the majority is not going to give up their cash cow no matter what.

I don't hear any Democrats going out and saying to give up the money from 400.

....and Roy Barnes diverted money from 400 tolls to pay for land acquisition for Atlantic Station. This isnt just a Republican problem.

• Like 1

....and Roy Barnes diverted money from 400 tolls to pay for land acquisition for Atlantic Station. This isnt just a Republican problem.

MY POINT EXACTLY! It is damn near impossible to get the Republicans to admit that they are just as bad or worse than the Democrats when it comes to loving taxation and having boners over spending taxpayer money. Thank you for stepping up!

As for The Atlantic Station development; that is one of THE most successful developments in downtown in the last 20 years. I didn't realize that Roy could claim credit for that one. He should use that in his campaign advertisements. Look at how many jobs were created in just that one development.