Paulding.com

Lawn Mower Repairs in Paulding, Hiram & Dallas

I am about 99% sure I will be taking a full time job on August 23rd. with a company in Dallas. I have hired another mechanic to fill in for me until I can get things worked out, but you can expect the same great service as before, and all equipment will still undergo my personal inspection.

Thanks folks. It will be nice to have a steady income, that's for sure. But like I said, I'm training my next door neighbor to do some smaller jobs, and mostly check people in so I can continue with the mower business. I have a lot of customers who want me to keep this going, since they've trusted me with their mowers for so long now. I'll be one busy dude!!! ;)

I hope it all works out for you Subby Good Luck

Thanks. I'm sure it will, it's just taking a LOT out of me right now. I am training my man in the shop today, as well as yesterday, and from Thursday into the weekend. If all goes well, I shouldn't have to close the doors at all. ;)

Thanks. I'm sure it will, it's just taking a LOT out of me right now. I am training my man in the shop today, as well as yesterday, and from Thursday into the weekend. If all goes well, I shouldn't have to close the doors at all. wink.gif

We will miss your posts on here when you get the job. But check back in with us and let us know how things are going. Hope your helper will be as good with mowers as you but that is asking a lot. Maybe just half as good as you . Well good luck and God Bless with the new job.good.gif good.gif good.gif

Well, I hope you need to put a permanent halt to it. ONLY, because that would mean you found full time work. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

No way. Too many customers depend on me for great service, fast turn around, and low rates. It will be nice to have a steady income, but the last 3 years have taught me where true happiness is...owning your own company. For 30 years I have always enjoyed the "security" that comes with working for another man. But in the last 3 years I have learned the joy and fulfillment that comes with being an entrepreneur. I think it's something that gets in your blood after you've reached a certain age and you want to make that mark and be your own boss, while providing a service to your community. It's a real sense of accomplishment, and once it's bitten you, there's always that tug that makes you want to make it on your own. It's the American Dream, and I'll do all I can to grab on to it and keep it. My dad always said when I was growing up..."you'll always have a decent and happy life working for another man, but if you want to play with the big dogs, the only way is by running your own company, and living your dream". He's certainly right. Running a company takes a lot of work, but the rewards are so good, and the money you make is only limited to how much you want to work.

I am just putting people in place to keep operations going, in hopes that one day it will flourish into the vision I have...a great company that caters to people who need a service, and making those people so satisfied that they will remain loyal to you. To me, there is no better feeling in the world than performing a service DIRECTLY with the customer, and seeing the smile of satisfaction on their face when you're done. This is something I never got to see when working with a large company...you do the work, but you're isolated from the actual recipient of the work you did.

Like I said...that's GREAT when you're young. But after achieving enough in life, a lot of men feel the need to move on up the ladder into ownership, and personalized service...owning and running your own company. It's the last great feat a man in America can have.

I'll soon be removing this thread because I have found my MAN to keep things going. His name is Chad, and he is my good friend and next door neighbor, and he's as sharp as a tack. He caught on like no man's business today, and actually fixed 3 machines perfectly. His greatest trait is his thoroughness....he's as anal as I am about fixing equipment, and I really like that!! My business is not built around how fast someone can do a job, but how WELL they can do a job, even if it takes a little longer to do it. ;)

So, I have the guy I worried so much about finding. He's always been an expert carpenter, plumber, HVAC, electronics technician, an avid lover of mechanics, and a bit of a nerd who likes to delve into the world of quantum physics. He and I can talk all night on a good Friday evening kick-back and his IQ is WAY up there.

So, he will be my stand in while I am away at work, and I feel confident that he will do a great job. I will post the details later towards the end of the week to keep you folks up to snuff on what to expect.....which will be the same great service and low rates. :)