Paulding.com

Is Stout sabbotaging his own campaign?

I hope so. Do you shield her and hope none of her friends overhear their parents talking about it? Do you be honest? I just don't know, tough decision. I don't hold it against him, he was so young then. I had some moments of crazy when I was young, too.

I hope so. Do you shield her and hope none of her friends overhear their parents talking about it? Do you be honest? I just don't know, tough decision. I don't hold it against him, he was so young then. I had some moments of crazy when I was young, too.

Agreed...I don't hold it against him for that reason as well. He says he's a changed man, and I take him at his word. (That's not the reason I'm voting for him over Braddock, btw.) Anyhoo, re: the little girl - I guess I'd go ahead and sit down with her and tell her in as non-detailed a way as possible what happened, and tell her that I'm telling her because she may hear things from other people and I want her to know the truth. Kids can be SOOOO cruel. I think I'd tell her, and make sure me and the ex were on the same page.

Why would Stout's campaign (or his wife in this case), put out a full page spread about his past infidelity when I thought this issue was dying??? Confused...

I think the term of the moment is "transparency".

Edited by ohmygosh

The letter is an attempt to clear the situation up.

OMG hit the nail on the head.

Politics can be a mean business. I know that, and I don't it against anyone personally... It's just what happens.

I do think it hurts our community in general for every (not just me) candidate to have his/her mistakes published for political gain. We've all done stupid things. When you run for public office you risk the possibility of your opponents trying to define you by those stupid things. I think of Reagan with his divorce, Bush with his drinking, etc...

I appreciate Kelly's desire to set the record straight on my character/work ethic.

When this is all said and done I have been reminded of a couple very important things.

1. Grace

2. I have been blessed with the strongest, most encouraging wife in the world (my opinion). The politics stuff is temporary.

BTW, I had a sit down w/ my daughter in February. She is doing very well. Some of you have met her at the different meet-and-greets etc... I appreciate the civility everyone has shown her.

Politics can be a mean business. I know that, and I don't it against anyone personally... It's just what happens.

I do think it hurts our community in general for every (not just me) candidate to have his/her mistakes published for political gain. We've all done stupid things. When you run for public office you risk the possibility of your opponents trying to define you by those stupid things. I think of Reagan with his divorce, Bush with his drinking, etc...

I appreciate Kelly's desire to set the record straight on my character/work ethic.

When this is all said and done I have been reminded of a couple very important things.

1. Grace

2. I have been blessed with the strongest, most encouraging wife in the world (my opinion). The politics stuff is temporary.

BTW, I had a sit down w/ my daughter in February. She is doing very well. Some of you have met her at the different meet-and-greets etc... I appreciate the civility everyone has shown her.

Awesome.

1. Grace

She is absolutely charming and so very proud of her Dad. She came up to me and gave me a big smile and a flier on his candidacy then proceeded to tell me how great he would be if elected. I had so hoped she could be shielded from any rumors. Very bright and beautiful.

Why would Stout's campaign (or his wife in this case), put out a full page spread about his past infidelity when I thought this issue was dying??? Confused...

Have you forgot the flyer that got Golden beat in the primary? This is a bad move on Paulette's part to start a thread on this issue.

Have you forgot the flyer that got Golden beat in the primary? This is a bad move on Paulette's part to start a thread on this issue.

Is "avalon" really Paulette? If I had known that, I would NOT have responded. Very poor taste.

Is "avalon" really Paulette? If I had known that, I would NOT have responded. Very poor taste.

No, it isn't. Just a diversion from someone who prefer the Democrat choice for this seat.

• Like 1

No, it isn't. Just a diversion from someone who prefer the Democrat choice for this seat.

Politics is a dirty business. I've almost exhausted my caring. I can't keep up. I can almost understand why people don't vote. They get tired of the ugliness. I wish someone would just send me a speadsheet with the candidate's opinions marked under the issues and leave the personal stuff out of it.

I don't care what Daniel Stout did when he was young any more than I care about what religion he is or on which side of his head he parts his hair.

I am going back to cleaning. Much better than mud-slinging.

WHOA, wait just a minute, missy!!! What's this about the parting of the hair? I haven't heard that discussed anywhere, and I need to know! It will really affect my decision in this race! Because if it's down the middle, I'll have to re-think my decision. :D :D :D

Really? So which of the republican fruit loops do you feel is better qualified?

I have decided to keep that to myself. Each and every voter is going to have to make up their own mind about this. I guess we will find out the results on election day. I can say that my mind is made up and I will not be changing it. It will not be for a Democrat. That is Obama's party and they are destroying America. I won't help them one little bit.

I have decided to keep that to myself. Each and every voter is going to have to make up their own mind about this. I guess we will find out the results on election day. I can say that my mind is made up and I will not be changing it. It will not be for a Democrat. That is Obama's party and they are destroying America. I won't help them one little bit.

I plan to support the PERSON that will best represent me and this county. I don't buy all the bullcheeze the republicans are spewing.

And I am sick of the Right to Life movement playing on people's emotions to empower themselves politically.

Stout sure as heck doesn't have anything to offer me. I will vote for Braddock to block in the runoff and will live with the results if she wins it all. But I do plan to support Avery in the general election because I do think he is the most level headed of the three. I don't need the Stout drama, I don't need the Braddock flightiness, I just want someone that is matter of fact that goes to work, does their job and goes home to their spouse at night (and has the good sense to stay away from the Atlanta Gas lobbyist).

Political party be damned.

• Like 1

Mr. Stout put it out there this time. You can't fault him for that. You can decide for yourself if it is an issue. You can decide if his current associations are a plus or a minus for you. Then you can decide if his attendance and voting record are OK or not. If you want to elect him for a full term, that,s up to you.

Ms. Braddok is well known around here, has a voting record on the BOE, and is quite outspoken. I would imagine that there are no secrets there. If you want her, vote for her.

Mr. Avery is not well known, but he is well spoken. If nothing else, he is running for office for the right reasons. His hopes and fresh ideas may be stomped into a small pile of poo when he gets downtown, but he deserves a listen just as much as the other two candidates. If you like what you hear, and you believe him, vote for him.

Stout put it all out there. Now we get to choose.

Mr. Stout put it out there this time. You can't fault him for that. You can decide for yourself if it is an issue. You can decide if his current associations are a plus or a minus for you. Then you can decide if his attendance and voting record are OK or not. If you want to elect him for a full term, that,s up to you.

Ms. Braddok is well known around here, has a voting record on the BOE, and is quite outspoken. I would imagine that there are no secrets there. If you want her, vote for her.

Mr. Avery is not well known, but he is well spoken. If nothing else, he is running for office for the right reasons. His hopes and fresh ideas may be stomped into a small pile of poo when he gets downtown, but he deserves a listen just as much as the other two candidates. If you like what you hear, and you believe him, vote for him.

He sure has. I see that as a plus in his favor. He has not tried to hide anything and has made sure everything about him is in the open for all to see. I am sure it was not an easy thing to do.

He sure has. I see that as a plus in his favor. He has not tried to hide anything and has made sure everything about him is in the open for all to see. I am sure it was not an easy thing to do.

Like the late, great Lewis Grizzard once said, "Damn brother, I don't believe I'da told that." Not everyone wants to hear confessions.

• Like 1

Like the late, great Lewis Grizzard once said, "Damn brother, I don't believe I'da told that." Not everyone wants to hear confessions.

Apparently some folks do. The biggest criticism I heard after the special election was that he did not stand up and tell everyone about this skeleton in his closet. Well he has now. If he wins this election it will be because the citizens of Paulding, at least the ones who go to the polls, have decided that he is the best candidate for the job.

Apparently some folks do. The biggest criticism I heard after the special election was that he did not stand up and tell everyone about this skeleton in his closet. Well he has now. If he wins this election it will be because the citizens of Paulding, at least the ones who go to the polls, have decided that he is the best candidate for the job.

Nothing will make him the best candidate. I'll take Braddock over him and that's saying a lot.

• Like 1

Nothing will make him the best candidate. I'll take Braddock over him and that's saying a lot.

No, you will take Avery over both of them and that is the goal you have with any vote you cast in this election. I disagree with you and I will take Braddock or Stout over the Democrat.

No, you will take Avery over both of them and that is the goal you have with any vote you cast in this election. I disagree with you and I will take Braddock or Stout over the Democrat.

I used to be brainwashed too.

I still find it difficult to support a democrat, but if the republicans can't field anything better than these two I WILL vote for the best candidate and that happens to be a democrat in this race.

And if that lowlife crook Nathan Deal beats Handel, I will be supporting Barnes too.

I vote with my brain, not my religion.

I used to be brainwashed too.

I still find it difficult to support a democrat, but if the republicans can't field anything better than these two I WILL vote for the best candidate and that happens to be a democrat in this race.

And if that lowlife crook Nathan Deal beats Handel, I will be supporting Barnes too.

I vote with my brain, not my religion.

Nathan will beat Handel and you would also vote for Barnes over Handel . nea.gif

Nathan will beat Handel and you would also vote for Barnes over Handel . nea.gif

Wow! You must know me better than I know me. :wacko:

There is no way in hell I would vote for a crook like Deal, but if Handel wins (and I am voting for her in the runoff)it will be a tough choice between her and Barnes. The biggest reason I would support Barnes over Handel would be to get rid of a lot of the appointed positions that Sonny has made over the last eight years. Sonny had people sitting on the board of directors of universities that didn't even have a high school education. I guess that's the kind of leadership you support?

Wow! You must know me better than I know me. wacko.gif

There is no way in hell I would vote for a crook like Deal, but if Handel wins (and I am voting for her in the runoff)it will be a tough choice between her and Barnes. The biggest reason I would support Barnes over Handel would be to get rid of a lot of the appointed positions that Sonny has made over the last eight years. Sonny had people sitting on the board of directors of universities that didn't even have a high school education. I guess that's the kind of leadership you support?

Barnes is an early supporter of Obama and donated to his campaign. He would go along with the government power grab (I believe). I don't want any more Federal control in Georgia.

I don't like Sonny and I will be glad to see a change. We just need the "RIGHT CHANGE"!

Guess he is danged if he does and danged if he does not. If YOU are confused, AND thought is was dying then why did you post it on here instead of calling Daniel and Kelly and asking them as they have requested! Seems like you are just throwing dirt???

It is called transparency. Is there a human who does not have one single skeleton in the closet? Maybe it is that HE should be respected for focusing on himself and his abilities RATHER than disrespecting his opponent and sharing her family and personal matters from the age of 18 to present.

I agree Daniel and Kelly put it out there. What are others NOT putting out there that will make Paulding have regrets later? I am thankful for the honesty and openess

1. Grace

Some of us have had the pleasure of meeting your daughter and SHE is indeed a well-mannered, intelligent young lady, who I am sure appreciated the honesty of a parent admitting a mistake and moving forward.

If your daughter's demeanor and behavior reflects the parental support she receives, I feel comfortable that you will work for Paulding VOTERS first and put us before selfish issues and lobbyist.

Representation is taken more seriously by other house members when the elected official has the common sense to act properly when at the Capitol and on the House floor NOW --- NOT at 19. Some learn from their mistakes. Some do not (or even acknowledge they make mistakes). Is there a survey of house members who did something they regretted when they were a teenager?

Wow! You must know me better than I know me. :wacko:

Feelip, I wouldn't worry about that. All of Sonny's appointments will be tendering their resignation to the new Governor. That is one of Sonny's problems, that he sometimes appointed on politics and friendship, and not performance, but they all give little "gifts" to special people. Roy just micromanaged everything for his department heads so it really didn't matter who they were. He kept more sh(t stirred up than a salon full of debutantes. It was the Roy Barnes Show all the way, law and process be damned. He'd jerk his knee and leave everybody else to clean up after him. There was more time wasted in State Government covering Roy's butt than doing actual work sometimes. He ran the State like he owned it.

• Like 2

I agree Daniel and Kelly put it out there. What are others NOT putting out there that will make Paulding have regrets later? I am thankful for the honesty and openess

According to your theory I suppose one could ask what the heck is Stout not telling if he was willing to tell something this embarrassing?

I think there is a huge misunderstanding, what he did when he was 18 has nothing to do with the fact that I wouldn't vote for him if he was the only candidate running. When religious beliefs are forced on people, it starts to take away from people coming to God through free will. It is very important to me to keep religion and government in separate boxes. I hope enough people open their eyes and see that what they think is a victory for religion is actually another instance of man thinking God needs their help. Never in history has that worked and it will not work this time.

• Like 1