Paulding.com

Mrs. Rhonda Gurley Peal age 42 of Dallas, Ga. passed away in the loving care of her family on Tuesday October 13, 2009. Mrs. Peal was born in Fulton Co., Georgia on October 14, 1966 the daughter of Leroy Gurley and Ann Rainey Gurley. She was previously employed as a bookkeeper for the Paulding County Board of Education. Her most cherished pursuit was always the well being and love of her family.

Mrs. Rhonda Gurley Peal was survived by her husband Jimmy Peal and 2 daughters Kara Peal and Jessie Peal all of Dallas, Ga; her parents Leroy and Ann Gurley of Dallas, Ga; 1 brother and sister in law Eddie and Cindy Gurley of Dallas, Ga; her mother in law Marilyn Peal of Dallas, Ga; 1 sister in law Sheri and Dan Dupree of Hiram, Ga; 5 nephews Matt Gurley and Garrett Gurley both of Dallas, Ga Craig Dupree, Grant Dupree and Mason Dupree all of Hiram, Ga; and many other beloved family members and friends.

Funeral services will be conducted on Friday October 16, 2009 at 2 PM at Mt. Olivet Missionary Baptist Church with Derrick Fowler officiating. A eulogy will be given by Shelly Whitfield. Opening prayer will be given by Kim Curl. Music will be provided by the Mt. Olivet Missionary Baptist Church Choir. Special music will be provided by Holly Petty, Margie Prather, Bryce Lee, and Peggy Holmes. Pall Bearers will include Joe Lee, Brad Whitfield, Shane Smith, Danny Gamel, Rick Watson and Rick Wood. Honorary Pall Bearers will include Matt and Garrett Gurley, Craig, Grant and Mason Dupree, and Kim Curl. Interment will follow at Mt. Olivet Missionary Baptist Church Cemetery.

The family will receive friends at the funeral home on Thursday October 15, 2009 from 4 PM to 9 PM, and Friday October 16, 2009 from 9 AM until we leave in procession for the church.

Please visit www.jeffeberhartfuneralhome.com to sign the register book or to share a memory.

Rhonda was a very special person. She made our days at PCHS more bearable and always was ready to listen to what you had to say. She loved her girls with all her heart. There will be a big hole at school for quite a while to come. I know she is in the arms of Jesus now and is resting in peace. She tried very hard not to let us know she was suffering as much as she must have been. Please know that you are in our prayers, God Bless you, Jimmy, Kara and Jessie.

Our thoughts and prayers are with Jimmy, the girls Kara and Jessie and the remainder of the family and friends. We will cherish the memories we had at all of the ballgames and tournaments with Rhonda cheering for her beloved daughters while they played ball. God bless all of you, Keith, Rhonda, Danielle (aka Romeo) and Kendall.

I am gonna miss her. I worked with at First Federal Savings and Loan in the Hardee Street branch. Rhonda was always a joy to be around. She was always smiling, laughing and cutting up. My heart goes out to Jimmy and the girls.

I am so shocked and saddened to hear this. Rhonda taught all my children in VBS and Sunday School a few years ago, and she was such a sweet, genuine person. My heart is just breaking for Jimmy and the girls, and the entire Gurley family. They will all be in my prayers, and I pray that they can find comfort in the fact that she is with Jesus now. :(