Paulding.com

WE ARE HAVING A WAREHOUSE SALE!

Are you located past the old courthouse?

They are located where the old Ford place use to be... in the spilt of the road ( 381-by pass road)

where the old Grey stone building use to be, they are close to them..

can you give some examples of what you have? for 1.00?

There is so much in the boxes, we have over the counter medications, toothpaste. tooth brushes, makeup, personal hygiene, food, such as nuts and jerky, toys.

Come in and look for yourself, we have items that most households use regularly and many items are name brand.

I've been to this place, the man and woman are so nice. I've been in a few times and they always greet you with kindness and always tell you thanks when you leave. They have some good items. A few things are expired, but thats okay for some people.

But shampoo and detergent is cheap for good name brands!!!

Just a note ... not of caution but awareness.

One of our members PM'd me to say they noticed that some of the stock was out of date. Sometimes it is okay to use such stuff but products have an expiration date for a reason - they've gone through testing - especially over the counter drugs and depending on how they were stored, they could lose potency after the expiration date.

You need to keep this in mind whenever you shop at a surplus store and it is not their fault. Simply they get oodles of product - some of which is no doubt out of date - and the simple truth is they don't have the staff to go through and check each piece. So it is up to you to do the checking and, when they age the surplus, they end up disposing of the out-of-date product.

In another life I was with an OTC drug company and was privy to the data regarding expiration dates. The reality is that quality is assured through the expiration date. After a year, probably 2-5 percent of the product has lost some potency. After five years, the potency of probably somewhere between 10-50 percent of the product is compromised with the key issue being how the product had been stored (cool dry place vs. warmer more humid storage.)

note that OTC drugs and food are not the only thing to be careful about. Out of date cosmetics can also cause issues: http://www.beautyalert.biz/pages/dangers.html.

As far as the product at Brookes ... I was in and checked several items (I'll be back) and I didn't notice anything out of date.... but then I didn't look at everything :) Just be aware and know as well that it is not just surplus stores that have out of date merchandise.

pubby

pubby

I went today and found One A Day vitamins inside for $2.00 it was a bottle of 50 tablets, the expiration date was in 2010.

That's a good deal.

I check the dates at the local grocery stores also after finding outdated items over the years.

Edited by tranquility
Just a note ... not of caution but awareness.

One of our members PM'd me to say they noticed that some of the stock was out of date. Sometimes it is okay to use such stuff but products have an expiration date for a reason - they've gone through testing - especially over the counter drugs and depending on how they were stored, they could lose potency after the expiration date.

You need to keep this in mind whenever you shop at a surplus store and it is not their fault. Simply they get oodles of product - some of which is no doubt out of date - and the simple truth is they don't have the staff to go through and check each piece. So it is up to you to do the checking and, when they age the surplus, they end up disposing of the out-of-date product.

In another life I was with an OTC drug company and was privy to the data regarding expiration dates. The reality is that quality is assured through the expiration date. After a year, probably 2-5 percent of the product has lost some potency. After five years, the potency of probably somewhere between 10-50 percent of the product is compromised with the key issue being how the product had been stored (cool dry place vs. warmer more humid storage.)

note that OTC drugs and food are not the only thing to be careful about. Out of date cosmetics can also cause issues: http://www.beautyalert.biz/pages/dangers.html.

As far as the product at Brookes ... I was in and checked several items (I'll be back) and I didn't notice anything out of date.... but then I didn't look at everything :) Just be aware and know as well that it is not just surplus stores that have out of date merchandise.

pubby

pubby

Yeah, went today.. noticed some children's cough meds that expired in 2007. That kinda scared me, but I did find 2 cute bags for $1.00...... Like anything else, just be choosy.....

Well darn. We went in on Friday and no one told us the stuff in boxes was $1. The only thing posted for $1 outside (that I saw) was out of date mayo in the boxes. If we would have known, we would have grabbed SEVERAL more items than we did.

How long is the $1 sale going?

Now where is this place close to?what is near it?

It is located at the by pass of Hwy 381 and Hwy 61, in the forks of the road. There used to be a computer place, Computer Buddy, located there. It's on 61, if you're going from the post office towards the old courthouse, it's on your right in the curve.

Hope that helps.