Paulding.com

paulding co sheriffs dept stopping people and asking them questions on silver comet

if you bicycle on the silver comet regularly, and you don't fit what the p.c.s.d. consider "looking like a biker"(spedo/spandax style suit)just wearing street clothes you will be stopped and hassled by these patrol cops,and treated like some meth-head, they are profiling people based on their looks,and claim meth is being traffic'd on the trail,which is fine if they are doing their job, but i know several innocent people who have been enjoying an other nice ride, questioned and harassed by these guys, one guy evan went to jail for riding his bike on the trail9can you believe that)

I have to say if I was just riding on the trail I don't think I'd mind being stopped and asked questions. I have nothing to hide and heavens knows if I'm riding my bike it's not like I'm in a hurry to get somewhere.

if you bicycle on the silver comet regularly, and you don't fit what the p.c.s.d. consider "looking like a biker"(spedo/spandax style suit)just wearing street clothes you will be stopped and hassled by these patrol cops,and treated like some meth-head, they are profiling people based on their looks,and claim meth is being traffic'd on the trail,which is fine if they are doing their job, but i know several innocent people who have been enjoying an other nice ride, questioned and harassed by these guys, one guy evan went to jail for riding his bike on the trail9can you believe that)

WOW!

Right here in our own little slice of Heaven. :wub:

I understand that profiling if abused can have a negative impact

and I also understand the benefit of profiling and my hat is tipped

to the Men and Women of "OUR" local law enforcement for trying

to make "OUR" slice of heaven SAFER for "US" :clapping:

Keep up the pressure and the GOOD Work! :good:

It is a shame that innocent people may get detained but

that is they way it is. There is no perfect system and you

can NEVER make EVERYONE Happy. :pardon:

I am glad they are on the trail and I don't mind answering a few questions.

If your doing nothing wrong, there should be no problem.

I have passed a few Questionable people lurking on the sides of the trail before. I have turned around a few times on my bike.

WOW!

Right here in our own little slice of Heaven. :wub:

I understand that profiling if abused can have a negative impact

and I also understand the benefit of profiling and my hat is tipped

to the Men and Women of "OUR" local law enforcement for trying

to make "OUR" slice of heaven SAFER for "US" :clapping:

Keep up the pressure and the GOOD Work! :good:

It is a shame that innocent people may get detained but

that is they way it is. There is no perfect system and you

can NEVER make EVERYONE Happy. :pardon:

Well said! :wub: :clapping:

I am glad they are out there! If you have nothing to hide then you shouldnt care if they stop you and ask you questions! At least they are trying and doing something, next week someone will be on here talking about how they do nothing! You cant Please everyone!!!

BTW, WELCOME TO PCOM!!! :)

I think SO can safely assume that the trail is a place for exercise and recreation.

If you saw a woman out there strolling along in a six inch pair of heels, booty shorts, and a halter top we could probably assume that her intent was not legal.

Same for anyone out there loitering in street attire not suitable for exercise or recreation, I know I would walk away quickly in the other direction, it's just to large and isolated to take chances.

I fact people would say after the fact you should have known better just by that.

The police have to use the same criteria to help protect us.

I think SO can safely assume that the trail is a place for exercise and recreation.

If you saw a woman out there strolling along in a six inch pair of heels, booty shorts, and a halter top we could probably assume that her intent was not legal.

Same for anyone out there loitering in street attire not suitable for exercise or recreation, I know I would walk away quickly in the other direction, it's just to large and isolated to take chances.

I fact people would say after the fact you should have known better just by that.

The police have to use the same criteria to help protect us.

Durn it LPPT, you saw me that day????? (Just to let people know, I couldn't walk in a pair of six inch heels if my life depended on it!!!! Just wanted to give LPPT a hard time :p ).

Ok, second of all...welcome to p.com all of the newbies that have posted in this thread!!

And now...my amazing answer.....I'm also happy that the police are out there. I know they can't be everywhere all of the time, but at least you can be out there and feel safer. Ok, that is all. Please bring me a beer and continue on with your day. :D

I don't think the OP obtained the sympathy and empathy for his distain of our law enforcement community from the p.com audience at large. :o ;)

I welcome a greater presence of officers along the silver comet and look forward to riding more without having to peer over my shoulder every time I pass a group of unsavory looking punks.