Paulding.com

Mower MANIA! They are just pouring in over here!

I have managed to collect about 8-10 push mowers that are in pretty good shape, and I just need to refurbish them if anyone wants to buy one. Save yourself some major $$$$ folks! I have a Snapper rider that I picked up the other day that needs an engine, and some more are forthcoming this week. If anyone needs a used Snapper, I just went through one about 2 weeks ago for Johnboy Automotive, and it's a nice one. Snappers are the best riders ever built because of their simplicity, and they are easy to get parts for. This one has an electric starter, and runs like a champ. $550 takes it!!! I am going over to Johnboy Automotives house tomorrow and put some finishing details on it, including an original battery cover.

Snappers have the best resale value, and this mower is worth at least $700, so at 550, you'd be getting a great deal! Give me a shout if you're interested and we'll get you going.

As far as the push mowers I have, there are just too many of them to fix them all, so you would just have to drop by and pick out what you want, then I will rebuild, tune-up, and go through everything on it. You could go out and spend $300 or more on a new one, and you're not getting any better of a mower than what you could get from me, that's been fixed up. Trust me- you have no idea how many 1 year old mowers have come to me for repairs. Be smart- save yourself a heap of money, and come show me what you want....and I'll fix you right up. ;)

Subby- KRD was very pleased when he got off the phone with you!! So glad I am a pcommer and that I asked him to call you!!!

Well, I certainly appreciate the business. I can't tell you how much I LOVE doing this. :)

Here's your Monday bump for the week. :D

Subby, do you have a trailer for picking up riding mowers, or do people have to get them to *you*?

My HH has had to have his John Deere worked on a couple of times, but the closest guy is up in Cartersville or something. And we don't have a trailer, either.

Just wondering, for future reference. :)

Subby, do you have a trailer for picking up riding mowers, or do people have to get them to *you*?

My HH has had to have his John Deere worked on a couple of times, but the closest guy is up in Cartersville or something. And we don't have a trailer, either.

Just wondering, for future reference. :)

I have a truck with a camper shell on it...so if it'll clear the camper top I can get it. Most riders will fit (I sometimes will let the air out of the back tires a little bit and it'll clear.) Other than that, no trailer or ramps..so I'd need at least one man there to help me load it up. Where are you located?

If you can find me a self-propelled push I would love to get it from you. :)

I have one that I've started but not finished. It has a bad cable going to the front drive, so I need to find one that will work. It's an older Craftman with a monster engine (for a push mower) on it. Only thing is it is a mulcher, so you'd need to either use it for that, or find a bag that will work or one of those ducts that will fit on back to blow the grass away to the side. I don't get in too many self propelled ones though (plus they are a pain to work on) but this thing is worth fixing up right, because of the intense power it has and a nice large cutting deck. I can keep you posted when I get her up and going.

I HATE this weather today!!!! Too dern cold! I'm gonna fix up maybe a couple of push mowers today, then call it quits until it warms back up a little.

I just got in a NICE almost new Weedeater brand push mower....simple design, and very affordable that I am going to go through first. It should be ready to sale by the end of the day today. Like i said, it's almost brand new, so I'll take around $75 for it. They run $200+ at Home Depot. I will be posting some pics of these today too, I hope.

Okay, mr. fix it...ha. Try this one. Where does one locate new tines for an OOOOLLLLLDDDD tiller? Hubby tilled Sunday (dont ask me why...he is just did..not ready and too wet, but anyways) The tines on one side are literally just straight sticks about six inches in length!!!! No curve left at all!!

talk to me here...ideas as to where besides junk places?

Okay, mr. fix it...ha. Try this one. Where does one locate new tines for an OOOOLLLLLDDDD tiller? Hubby tilled Sunday (dont ask me why...he is just did..not ready and too wet, but anyways) The tines on one side are literally just straight sticks about six inches in length!!!! No curve left at all!!

talk to me here...ideas as to where besides junk places?

Call Ace Hardware in Douglasville at 770-942-7044. They sell everything for residential and commercial equipment. They have always been able to get any part that I've needed. Good luck to you.

Subby I didn't mean to hijack your thread by answering this question.

Call Ace Hardware in Douglasville at 770-942-7044. They sell everything for residential and commercial equipment. They have always been able to get any part that I've needed. Good luck to you.

Subby I didn't mean to hijack your thread by answering this question.

Where is this Ace located???? I can't never seem to find one anywhere anymore....and quite frankly, the Tractor Supply place on 278 by Butler Industrial is a total waste of space. They have not had one single thing I needed when I went there. That's why Parker Sales gets all my business- if they don't have it (and they do 95% of the time) they can tell you where to get it. I love those guys!!!

Oh and one more thing- I have 2 push mowers that I am working on now to sell. One is a pretty red Murray 20" cut and the other is the practically brand new one (Weed Eater) brand with a 22" cut. They will both be showroom floor by sometime tomorrow....somebody needs to jump on these boogers, because they're both a steal!!

You starting up your own fleet there Subby? :lol:

Shore enough. When I finally make enough to do it, I'm having my CPA set up an LLC or other corporate account, with the insurance and all that (to cover me butt!!). So far, so good though. I have plenty of faith in what I do. I am careful to check for loose blades and rotted fuel lines- the two biggest problems you can encounter with lawn equipment.

I hate to say this and get in trouble, but I met a nice pcommer today at the new Court House, since I had to go there for buiness (he's almost in Cartersville, and I'm way down here by D'ville)......anyhoo, when he brought it me (his mower) he said it would crank, but would die as soon as it hit the grass. Well, I fixed it and used it in my yard...but my grass aint thick nor long since I cut it a few days ago...so we took that booger out onto that TALL grass growing at the new complex and it tore thru it like a hot knife thru butter. "Wheewww", I thought to myself. :lol: It was a convenient way to check it out like I wanted to. I don't reckon the country folks will care too much, since I only cut about a 10' path.....it needs to be cut anyway. :lol:

Where is this Ace located???? I can't never seem to find one anywhere anymore....and quite frankly, the Tractor Supply place on 278 by Butler Industrial is a total waste of space. They have not had one single thing I needed when I went there. That's why Parker Sales gets all my business- if they don't have it (and they do 95% of the time) they can tell you where to get it. I love those guys!!!

Oh and one more thing- I have 2 push mowers that I am working on now to sell. One is a pretty red Murray 20" cut and the other is the practically brand new one (Weed Eater) brand with a 22" cut. They will both be showroom floor by sometime tomorrow....somebody needs to jump on these boogers, because they're both a steal!!

Thanks to both of ya for answers....This thing was my ex father in laws and kinda holds some sentimental value so wanna fix it. Hubby said there is a place on canton road close to hospital he is gonna try today at lunch since he is right there off square and if not then he will call Parkers next. (we usually use parkers for everything...at least I DO...and he has always come back with a fed up look on his face...dont know, i love them. This Ace Hardware out here in East paulding now is great only THEY WONT LET ME SHOP!!! Every three feet someone is asking if I need help?! ha.

Thanks to both of ya for answers....This thing was my ex father in laws and kinda holds some sentimental value so wanna fix it. Hubby said there is a place on canton road close to hospital he is gonna try today at lunch since he is right there off square and if not then he will call Parkers next. (we usually use parkers for everything...at least I DO...and he has always come back with a fed up look on his face...dont know, i love them. This Ace Hardware out here in East paulding now is great only THEY WONT LET ME SHOP!!! Every three feet someone is asking if I need help?! ha.

There's an ACE in East Paulding??? WHERE????? :o :o

:yahoo:

Ditto Subby - my hubby was tickled when he got home with our mower. Thanks again!

You are most welcome. I guess he told you about the "test" we performed at the courthouse?? :lol: You could probably cut down a jungle with that thing!

Can I ask where you are located ??? I need a push mower and I would like to look at the riders - I have one...and I have it worked on every year when it is time to cut, and - yeepers - it is not starting again this year ! Hey - do you take trade ins !!!

I would really like to check out the mowers you have -

Can I ask where you are located ??? I need a push mower and I would like to look at the riders - I have one...and I have it worked on every year when it is time to cut, and - yeepers - it is not starting again this year ! Hey - do you take trade ins !!!

I would really like to check out the mowers you have -

I don't have any riders up for sale yet, except the Snapper that is over at Johnboy Automotive's place. It's a nice one, and he only wants $550 for it. That's a good deal on a Snapper. I could also fix the one you have, so you don't have problems every year, like you say you're having. ;)

PM sent.

Hot dang...it's finally gonna get warm again!!! Bring them broken down power toys to me, and let's get to work! ;)