Paulding.com

Chamber luncheon

Today I went to the chambers luncheon,the key note speaker was David Austin. The lunch was good,David made a speech about the condition of our county. Now the one thing that bothered me was the catering company was from Atlanta. Here this is Paulding chamber of commerce,I am sure we have a great selection of great restaurants & catering in this county. Why hire from else where when your suppose to be there for the local business. Now this was a well attended lunch,more people need to get involved with our county business.

Does anyone have any words to express?

Today I went to the chambers luncheon,the key note speaker was David Austin. The lunch was good,David made a speech about the condition of our county. Now the one thing that bothered me was the catering company was from Atlanta. Here this is Paulding chamber of commerce,I am sure we have a great selection of great restaurants & catering in this county. Why hire from else where when your suppose to be there for the local business. Now this was a well attended lunch,more people need to get involved with our county business.

I was there but I have to confess that I did not take note of who catered. Are you sure they were not local?

I was there but I have to confess that I did not take note of who catered. Are you sure they were not local?

Yes I talked to one of the servers,I hope I am mistaken. Maybe this is small but a local business could have used the business.

The Chamber absolutely leads the way with "Shop Paulding First". That is a consistant, recurring theme at Chamber functions and meetings. The catering company is a member of the Paulding Chamber of Commerce as are many businesses located outside Paulding County (but doing business in Paulding). The membership dollars and volunteer time from these members support the Chamber's budgeted efforts to be the voice of business in Paulding County as well as to promote economic development which will translate into new businesses and jobs. I don't think it is a good idea to turn down businesses for memebership. And if they're members they're members.

The Chamber absolutely leads the way with "Shop Paulding First". That is a consistant, recurring theme at Chamber functions and meetings. The catering company is a member of the Paulding Chamber of Commerce as are many businesses located outside Paulding County (but doing business in Paulding). The membership dollars and volunteer time from these members support the Chamber's budgeted efforts to be the voice of business in Paulding County as well as to promote economic development which will translate into new businesses and jobs. I don't think it is a good idea to turn down businesses for memebership. And if they're members they're members.

This is absolutely correct - I have been involved in several capacities with the Chamber for about 15 years now and I can attest to the fact that they do a wonderful job at promoting businesses within the county. Most catering companies, as well as other types of companies, don't usually limit their service areas to exclusively the county in which they are located, they usually do business in surrounding counties also. I wasn't able to get to the luncheon today so I'm not sure who catered it but I will say that they use Chamber members that do business in Paulding County.

I'm glad the meeting went well. I have to say that we have a fantastic Chamber of Commerce and that the Chamber staff and BOD are among the best in the state!

Thanks for the info! I enjoyed the luncheon very much and appreciated all of the information about the status of Paulding County.

I hope that no more businesses go out,that hurts everyone. B)

I'm right there with you Animal! I don't want to see any other businesses, big or small, close not only in Paulding County but in the entire United States. I want us all to prosper and be successful!

Then he would have been bashed for showing favoritism to the owner of the Paulding establishment. Ya just can't win, lol...