Paulding.com

I'm sorry I'm so late in posting this....

I had the extraordinary pleasure of working side by side with this man for 6 months before work collasped and I got laid off. Most all local surveyors and many civil engineers knew George for years. It only seems fitting to post the great things that Mr. Crusselle did for the surveying community. For starters, he initiated litigation many years back that enabled professional surveyors to expand their trade into civil engineering.

On my own personal note- George taught me a lot of things about the business, in spite of my 20 years in the career. But he also taught me many other things in life, in general. In the 6 months I was blessed to have known him, he was a boss who would take you to his house and feed you a good home-cooked lunch by his wonderful wife, Linda. They were all a tight-nit God fearing, and peace-loving family, who always said grace at the table before eating and always careful to give God the glory for any good thing that ever happened to them in their family. He is survived by his wife, a daughter, and two sons (that I know of). His youngest son is taking over the family business. All of these people were a cut above the rest, and very honest, forthright Christians.

George used to take me to the local nursing home in Powder Springs every Wednesday to let me play piano for the elderly for about an hour or so. You could see the people's faces light up when we came down. What else can I say? It's rare to find people (much less work for them) who have that kind of love in their hearts.

Although I only worked for George for 6 months, we worked in the same area and spent a lot of time together. I came to think of him and his wife as an extension of my own parents. He will be missed by many of us, but at least his suffering from this old world is over, and I know that George is in a much better place now. He was a "firebrand" kind of man, who seemed unstoppable, no matter what came his way.

George, my heart is deeply saddened that you are no longer among us. But I am also glad that you are in a better place, and your whole family knows this too.

God Bless!!!!!

RIP it sounds like he left a great Testimony of his life....

He most absolutely did! I was a lucky man to have had the 6 months I had to work with him. He was a "larger than life" kind of gentleman that you consider a blessing to have known.

I didn't know him personally but always heard good things about him and his work. Prayers for his family and friends.

In all respect for George- he was a firey old guy!!!! Nice as he could be, but smart as a whip, and he would not let anyone run over him. He was a man of principle, always standing his ground, and when he knew he was right, he would not compromise that fact. He was an inspiration to me. I hope I have that kind of stead-fastness about me when I get older. It was an admirable trait, indeed. And something I tried hard to draw from to apply to my own life.