Paulding.com

It is not new - just the evolution of Emory Flight, Rescue Air 1, and then a new parent, Life Force which is a large company owning many EMS service areas. The Air units are called Life Force - Georgia. I have not seen any ground units if that is what you are referring to.

It is not new - just the evolution of Emory Flight, Rescue Air 1, and then a new parent, Life Force which is a large company owning many EMS service areas. The Air units are called Life Force - Georgia. I have not seen any ground units if that is what you are referring to.

Life force is now known as Air Methods. This is a ground unit and I don't think it is affiliated with Air Methods.

Any new outfit will only be doing transports and stuff like that since Clark has the EMS zone. Occasionally I've heard Premier or Puckett being called out to back up Clark when they are all busy.

If you need EMS you can always request a 2nd party service to respond instead of Clark.

Why did you ask the question if you knew the answer?

My question is Who opened it. I know that is not air methods.

I have no idea as to where you both got your information. But here are links to help Life Force - http://www.lzontheweb.com/

Air Methods - Air Life Georgia - http://www.airmethods.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=home

Oops..... Forgot about Erlanger!

blink.gif

Any new outfit will only be doing transports and stuff like that since Clark has the EMS zone. Occasionally I've heard Premier or Puckett being called out to back up Clark when they are all busy.

If you need EMS you can always request a 2nd party service to respond instead of Clark.

If you need emergency service real quick do you really take the time to request someone other than the one the county contracts with?

Sure - if you have done your home work and know the 3rd party service has a unit that is stationed closer to your home.

I learned the hard way that having Clark coming to my home from 18 miles away takes too long when you have a child that is having trouble breathing.

I understand what you are saying Freebird, truly, however, at any given moment in the county every unit could be tied up....that is why they have mutual aid contracts. You can blame Clark, or the other 4 or 5 folks getting aid with a amublance.....it just plain happens....one of the problems is that manning 7 and 24 hrs is tough....and if the county took over the taxpayers would be paying even more. We have great first response for fire dept and hopefully we get more units in the future.....been there and done it....understand....

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know Roger Burgess then? Is he affiliated with Lifeforce?

What I have been told is the owner of Life Force Ambulance in Dallas is Roger Burgess. They are not in any way affiliated with Erlanger Hospital/ Life Force Air Ambulance in Tennessee.

Here is the link to their website lifeforceambulance.com ...not much info on it.

Edited by PUBBY
please no links or phone numbers for non-commerce members

I just think it is ironic that there would be a post created to slander Clark in the same week someone is introducing another service. Just my thought that it isn't coincidental.

I am assuming both MOM3K and Noahsdad are part of the new ambulance service because both chose to bash Sam rather than promote their own qualifications.

When they do come out in front of the public I for one intend to let them know of my dissatisfaction with their methods.

Sam did not deserve the bashing they tried to start.

Does anyone know Roger Burgess then? Is he affiliated with Lifeforce?

Dont know him personally, and yes he is affiliated with LIFE FORCE. My understanding is that he holds, the position of Director over there. Also my understanding, that they do not have an EMS license yet to operate. Mr. Shirling who was the owner of PREMIER that went out of buisness. Is the owner or Co-Owner of Life Force, think he is giving it a try again. I saw LIFE FORCE at the Public Safety event at Paulding Airport. THye had signs on their ambulance that stated Coming Soon to Paulding, but I did notice that all 3 gentleman were wearing Georgia EMS patch, but they all read EMT. Did not see a single PARAMEDIC patch. Also was told that their Director was a former employee of CLARK, and was let go....Hmmm wonder why?

Dont know him personally, and yes he is affiliated with LIFE FORCE. My understanding is that he holds, the position of Director over there. Also my understanding, that they do not have an EMS license yet to operate. Mr. Shirling who was the owner of PREMIER that went out of buisness. Is the owner or Co-Owner of Life Force, think he is giving it a try again. I saw LIFE FORCE at the Public Safety event at Paulding Airport. THye had signs on their ambulance that stated Coming Soon to Paulding, but I did notice that all 3 gentleman were wearing Georgia EMS patch, but they all read EMT. Did not see a single PARAMEDIC patch. Also was told that their Director was a former employee of CLARK, and was let go....Hmmm wonder why?

Let me add up their qualifications;

Director was fired from Clark?

Owners went belly up with their last ambulance venture?

They got 1) ambulance and 1) retired police car?

They do not have an EMS license?

MOM3k and Noahdad bashed established service!!!

They want me to put the life of my family in their hands?

I don't think so.

Edited by mojo413
  • Like 1

so I guess if I need an ambulance I will have to REQUEST Clark...

because there is no way in hatee's I would allow someone to take care of me or my family or my friends(yes I will let all my friends know just how classy this new place will be) who came on here and started all that crap about Clarks

so I guess if I need an ambulance I will have to REQUEST Clark...

because there is no way in hatee's I would allow someone to take care of me or my family or my friends(yes I will let all my friends know just how classy this new place will be) who came on here and started all that crap about Clarks

No, because Sam has the zone contract, you don't need to request Clarks. If you wanted to use the other service, you could request them but they would not be (at the present time for sure) sent unless they were the only unit available (and that wouldn't happen until they were certified as an EMS service - which from what I read, they haven't yet.)

pubby

PS: I'm wondering whether the Chattanooga outfit has sent them a trademark infringement letter for use of their name or whether they obtained permission to use the name. I know that eliminating such confusion is the point of trademark.

Ambulance Services:

Ok do some homework: Carrol County-- population of 120,000+ county gives their ambulance service which runs 5 trucks & 4 of them 24 hours a day $900,000

Haralson County----population of 28,800+ runs 3 1/2 trucks and the county gives them $650,000

Paulding County----population of 140,000+ runs 5 1/2 trucks and the county gives them 400,000 plus $75,000 gas allotment.

We need to all go to the Paulding County Commissioners meeting Thursday October 28th @ the Court house, got any problems with this show up and tell us your views......

No, because Sam has the zone contract, you don't need to request Clarks. If you wanted to use the other service, you could request them but they would not be (at the present time for sure) sent unless they were the only unit available (and that wouldn't happen until they were certified as an EMS service - which from what I read, they haven't yet.)

pubby

PS: I'm wondering whether the Chattanooga outfit has sent them a trademark infringement letter for use of their name or whether they obtained permission to use the name. I know that eliminating such confusion is the point of trademark.

This is incorrect according to DHS. You can request whatever service you want to come to your home. Clark is the default since they own the zone.

We need to all go to the Paulding County Commissioners meeting Thursday October 28th @ the Court house, got any problems with this show up and tell us your views......

I'll be the first in line once a full audit is completed and the need truly established.

Probably one of just a few more to come into the county now that Wellstar claims that one day they will build is building a new hospital and Tanner is getting their foot firmly in the county.

Would like to hear more about Tanner. That's the only docs my parents will use.