Paulding.com

What happened to the Commission Candidate Roundtable ?

I thought I'd try again.

I called Tony Crowe's listed number an left a message for a callback and this time I emailed Beverly and put the invite in writing. I just did this a minute or so ago so I wouldn't expect any replies yet.

Also, FYI, the dialogue between Ms. Braddock and Rep. Stout that we produced on PCOM will, I believe, also play on Channel 16. I know I talked with Jody Martin and they were excited to get the production so I'm relatively certain that it will be there.

pubby

Why won't David Austin give you your day in court?

Because Kirby, Powell, and Ragsdale vote to not sit down and negotiate a settlement with us. I have to assume after 4 years of paying out the nose to litigate they did not want to change tactics. As of now we are waiting for Judge Beavers to rule on a motion which was argued on March 17th.

At least we offered. As of now, we would prefer to go to trial and let a jury formulate the settlement.

Good to know for the record that all candidates have been invited to appear,And some have accepted.

I thought that the Stout Braddock round table was very interesting, And informative.

I would really like to see the commission candidates debate to see if what is being said in the door to door campaigns would be repeated for all to see and hear ????

So you aren't in any of the posts up for election, right?

No one has been to your door right?

Is there a citizen that has heard something door to door that they should share with us?

Apparently for now it's another hearsay tactic, huh?

Is there a citizen that has heard something door to door that they should share with us?

No, there is no hear-say tactic. Each Post elects their Commissioner, but that commissioner is very much involved with what happens in the entire county. Cochran and Crowe have made little effort to let the citizens know where they stand on the issues.

In one of her few appearances, Cochran refused to even tell us where she stood on the SPLOST referendum, saying commissioners were not supposed to promote the SPLOST yet she is not a commissioner.

It would be nice to find out where Cochran and Crowe stand and I wish they would both agree to sit down on camera with Barnett and Pownall. But we are rapidly running out of time.

They also have p.com as a means to let people know where they stand, but I have seen little information posted by either Cochran or Crowe.

I guess I have to ask myself, "What are they hiding from?"

No, there is no hear-say tactic. Each Post elects their Commissioner, but that commissioner is very much involved with what happens in the entire county. Cochran and Crowe have made little effort to let the citizens know where they stand on the issues.

In one of her few appearances, Cochran refused to even tell us where she stood on the SPLOST referendum, saying commissioners were not supposed to promote the SPLOST yet she is not a commissioner.

It would be nice to find out where Cochran and Crowe stand and I wish they would both agree to sit down on camera with Barnett and Pownall. But we are rapidly running out of time.

They also have p.com as a means to let people know where they stand, but I have seen little information posted by either Cochran or Crowe.

Whitey said "I would really like to see the commission candidates debate to see if what is being said in the door to door campaigns would be repeated for all to see and hear ????"

What IS being said door to door? Does anyone know?

If not, then suggesting something is being said is hear say, correct?

Whitey said "I would really like to see the commission candidates debate to see if what is being said in the door to door campaigns would be repeated for all to see and hear ????"

What IS being said door to door? Does anyone know?

If not, then suggesting something is being said is hear say, correct?

Like Whitey, I have heard that both Tony Crowe and Beverly Cochran have been canvassing the neighborhoods going door to door, but I have not seen, or heard anything first hand about WHAT they are stating, claiming, or any details of what their plans are.

Hence why I would like to see them in a Roundtable discussion.

And again, I have to ask "Why are they not willing to participate?"

Like Whitey, I have heard that both Tony Crowe and Beverly Cochran have been canvassing the neighborhoods going door to door, but I have not seen, or heard anything first hand about WHAT they are stating, claiming, or any details of what their plans are.

Hence why I would like to see them in a Roundtable discussion.

And again, I have to ask "Why are they not willing to participate?"

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Nothing hearsay in that post, It takes a majority of the commissioners to pass laws that affect every citizen in this County, I would like to know what they are campaigning about, Are they opposing the reservoir for instance, Or their plans to reduce the sheriff's budget as another instance, How do they plan to finance certain things in their platform that is visible on their web sites etc. all the more reason for a round table discussion on the issues excluding all the hearsay that is floating around.

Tony Crowe has campaigned on eliminating waste in the administration building and his employment with the county has given him a leg up on eliminating waste, what areas is Tony talking about? Is it the 911 area, Building and maintenance area, Tax office, Sheriff's office, Etc. I would like to hear some discussions on his ideas some may be pretty good, BUT……..I am not for cutting 911 or the Sheriff’s office.

Jerry is the boogie-man who terrorizes Whitey and SurePip in their sleep each night.

The thought of some of the candidates that is being supported by the old guard terrorizes me too.

Beverly needs to talk to Jerry to get his okblink.gif