Paulding.com

Couple gets 15 years for having sex on Florida beach

The actual video starts about 45 seconds in ... I think the TYT folks saw this as an opportunity (or maybe youtube) to get some good adviews ... but the story does depict a rather ridiculous crime and punishment scenario. I wonder what the 'plea bargain' offered was ...

I also think that this was a case where the judge, in his instructions to the attorneys, denied the jury the knowledge that a fifteen year sentence was an outcome; the jury was just to determine guilt or innocence with the sentencing being the sole option of the judge ... who was no doubt disturbed by a case he/she considered a waste of time.

What is really sad is there did not seem to be any adults in the room.

pubby

The media is playing up the sentencing part of things, but not mentioning the whole story. The couple were "getting it on" for 25 minutes in front of many families with children present. He got a 15 year sentence because he has a former felony conviction for drug dealing and a longer sentence is mandatory.

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/story/26073588/pair-charged-for-sex-on-bradenton-beach

My question is if it was so bad,why did everybody stay and watch.Get your kids and leave.And why was Grandma still watching hours later.Maybe she was filming with one hand and eating popcorn with the other.Just sayin....

The actual video starts about 45 seconds in ... I think the TYT folks saw this as an opportunity (or maybe youtube) to get some good adviews ... but the story does depict a rather ridiculous crime and punishment scenario. I wonder what the 'plea bargain' offered was ...

I also think that this was a case where the judge, in his instructions to the attorneys, denied the jury the knowledge that a fifteen year sentence was an outcome; the jury was just to determine guilt or innocence with the sentencing being the sole option of the judge ... who was no doubt disturbed by a case he/she considered a waste of time.

What is really sad is there did not seem to be any adults in the room.

pubby

What the sentence would be shouldn't be a factor in guilt or innocence, that was proper IMO.

Another argument against mandatory sentencing. We elect and pay these judges to be judges. Let them do their job!!

That's ridiculous...especially knowing that a drunk driver who killed my brother-in-law only got 15 years and he was driving on a suspended license and had many previous violations!

I think they should have been sentenced to 30 days of non-stop sex. Maybe then they wouldn't act like dogs on the beach. And they would probably be sick of each other :lol:

:D

And then they have to smoke a whole pack of cigarettes, each.

• Like 1