Paulding.com

What a genius system this road is...

What road?

I'm going to tell you

Hwy 92 North coming out of Douglasville

What normally would take 10 minutes now takes 35 minutes plus!!!!!

It has been a long time since I've taken this route

At this time which is 5:30 PM

I wonder if the powers to be ever run this route?

If they if they don't they should

I would post you a picture but I can't I'm on my phone stuck in crazy traffic

I NEVER use 92 in or out of D'ville anymore. Most of the time I cut down Pine Valley to Burnt Hickory to the Greystone office and either PU 78 there into D'ville or go straight across and end up on 92 on the other side of i20. The rare is exception is when we meet friends for dinner at the Irish Pub or Gumbeaux's.

I guess it depends on where you're going in D'ville, but I never use 92. On this side, I use Bakers Bridge. I've even taken Liberty Road to I-20 to get where I'm going over there. So much easier. When I lived on the other side of the county near Cobb I would use Brownsville and come out at the Greystone.

I guess it depends on where you're going in D'ville, but I never use 92. On this side, I use Bakers Bridge. I've even taken Liberty Road to I-20 to get where I'm going over there. So much easier. When I lived on the other side of the county near Cobb I would use Brownsville and come out at the Greystone.

The SAD thing is that I did not Leave PAULDING County!!!

1/2 mile down Brownsville/92 to East Paulding/HWY 92 :unknw:

Bill Carruth Parkway was going to solve all that.

Back in the day when I could, I would email a lot of officials about the traffic problems in Paulding, and the big solution I got then was " We are going to 4-lane Hwy 92".

Well Hwy 92 should have been 4 lanes & finished 30 years ago, if that was going to help.

Adding 40 11 million homes on 2 lane cow trails did not help Paulding County at all.

I love Bill Carruth - both sides. I hate it for Feelip and his neighbors - but I LOVE having that alternate route into Hiram. And, I think it really has helped. It keeps alot of through traffic out of downtown Hiram. I can't wait to see how much of a different there is at Christmas time.

I love Bill Carruth - both sides. I hate it for Feelip and his neighbors - but I LOVE having that alternate route into Hiram. And, I think it really has helped. It keeps alot of through traffic out of downtown Hiram. I can't wait to see how much of a different there is at Christmas time.

I'm glad it works for you!

If the powers to be at the STATE/COUNTY DOT

could/would calibrate/sync??? those lights....

then it might not be a nightmare to drive

ex: Hwy 92 at the Paulding Line to BC, turn left and travel to Marietta

by the time you get to Hwy 92 and Charles Hardy Parkway 10 miles (or so)

12 Red Lights.... travel speed limit and if you catch every light

like I did! :80 :crazy:

looking at close to 45 minutes to go 10 miles... the road is nice to drive on :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

The last time I took 92 N out of Douglasville was a few years ago on the 4th of July. I was coming home from the Douglasville mall to East Paulding and I had completely forgotten about the fireworks starting at dark in Hiram. It took me 2 hours! I haven't been to Douglasville since! I can be an avid shopper, so I am missing out on using their mall. I lived about 5-7 miles from the mall area back when they were using dynamite to develop it in 98'. I moved from that area back to Paulding when I finished attending Carroll Tech. It was just too busy for me!

Edited by MsGaStorm

Adding 40 11 million homes on 2 lane cow trails did not help Paulding County at all.

Ya think? :bangingmyhead:

Luckily, I never have to go to D'ville. That's not a fun ride.

Homey does not do Dougtown. :shudder: I had to go twice earlier this year, and I am still traumatized. :cryingandsuckingmythumb: