Paulding.com

For those that would like to help

We are having a big volunteer blow out on Saturday, February 8th at ~We need YOU to volunteer! Here's your chance!!~ Come at 10am to 1280 Jimmy Campbell Pkwy Bldg #500 Dallas, 30132. We need people to knock on doors (You will NOT be alone!!! It's done in groups), eat donuts, look up phone numbers, eat donuts, make phone calls, eat donuts, and learn how to speak at meetings, drink coffee. T-shirts, coffee, and did I mention donuts provided? Who's in?

Meeting will last less than an hour. :D

• Like 2
<br />It don't get any better than hanging out, drinking coffee and eating donuts with new found friends.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

PAULDING COUNTY TRAFFIC ALERT!!! ---> AVOID the 1200 Block of Jimmy Campbell Pkwy in West Paulding on Saturday Morning February 8th from 9:30 to 10:30 AM as so many volunteers are expected for the STOP PROGRESS IN PAULDING RALLY that both EAST and WEST bound traffic gridlock is expected. Parking will be an issue and be watchful of the tractor trailer traffic as Coffee and Donuts are being delivered to support the crowds.

ROTFLMAA!!!

• Like 2

<br /><br /><br />

PAULDING COUNTY TRAFFIC ALERT!!! ---> AVOID the 1200 Block of Jimmy Campbell Pkwy in West Paulding on Saturday Morning February 8th from 9:30 to 10:30 AM as so many volunteers are expected for the STOP PROGRESS IN PAULDING RALLY that both EAST and WEST bound traffic gridlock is expected. Parking will be an issue and be watchful of the tractor trailer traffic as Coffee and Donuts are being delivered to support the crowds.

ROTFLMAA!!!

Giggles

<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br />PAULDING COUNTY TRAFFIC ALERT!!! ---> AVOID the 1200 Block of Jimmy Campbell Pkwy in West Paulding on Saturday Morning February 8th from 9:30 to 10:30 AM as so many volunteers are expected for the STOP PROGRESS IN PAULDING RALLY that both EAST and WEST bound traffic gridlock is expected.  Parking will be an issue and be watchful of the tractor trailer traffic as Coffee and Donuts are being delivered to support the crowds. <br /><br />ROTFLMAA!!!<br />
<br /><br /><br />

You need to take your act on the road....only you aren't funny...just crass.

<br /><br /><br />

ROTFLMAA!!!

Perhaps bus service would help that problem.

Maybe Marta?

We are having a big volunteer blow out on Saturday, February 8th at ~We need YOU to volunteer! Here's your chance!!~ Come at 10am to 1280 Jimmy Campbell Pkwy Bldg #500 Dallas, 30132. We need people to knock on doors (You will NOT be alone!!! It's done in groups), eat donuts, look up phone numbers, eat donuts, make phone calls, eat donuts, and learn how to speak at meetings, drink coffee. T-shirts, coffee, and did I mention donuts provided? Who's in?

Meeting will last less than an hour. :D

So, this meeting is to start planning door-to-door congregation? As in where you walk into the subdivision, start knocking on every house' door, and give your sermon on airport expansion?

I can see two scenarios with that.

One, if it was me, I'd invite you all in and begin proclaiming how end of the world must be coming because evolution is now going backwards. I'd bring in all the examples of the scientists over the centuries that were considered heretics because the Church opposed progress.

Two, if you show up on a weekend morning and knock on my door, I just might let my mutt out and let her talk for me (that bar scene from movie K-9 always reminds me of her somehow) seeing as it's the weekend and I'm either sleeping in or spending valuable time with my family.

But that's just me.

• Like 1

So, this meeting is to start planning door-to-door congregation? As in where you walk into the subdivision, start knocking on every house' door, and give your sermon on airport expansion?

I can see two scenarios with that.

One, if it was me, I'd invite you all in and begin proclaiming how end of the world must be coming because evolution is now going backwards. I'd bring in all the examples of the scientists over the centuries that were considered heretics because the Church opposed progress.

Two, if you show up on a weekend morning and knock on my door, I just might let my mutt out and let her talk for me (that bar scene from movie K-9 always reminds me of her somehow) seeing as it's the weekend and I'm either sleeping in or spending valuable time with my family.

But that's just me.

Wow...just wow.

:blink:

<br />So, this meeting is to start planning door-to-door congregation?  As in where you walk into the subdivision, start knocking on every house' door, and give your sermon on airport expansion? <br />I can see two scenarios with that.<br />One, if it was me, I'd invite you all in and begin proclaiming how end of the world must be coming because evolution is now going backwards.  I'd bring in all the examples of the scientists over the centuries that were considered heretics  because the Church opposed progress.<br />Two, if you show up on a weekend morning and knock on my door, I just might let my mutt out and let her talk for me (that bar scene from movie K-9 always reminds me of her somehow) seeing as it's the weekend and I'm either sleeping in or spending valuable time with my family.<br />But that's just me.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Just offer em' a GLASS OF WATER to drink, tell em' it's fresh outta' the well...Watch em' run!!!!!

• Like 1

<br /><br /><br />

ROTFLMAA!!!

Actually I like your sense of humor. You would fit right in with our group. If you need a ride, I'll be happy to pick you up and if you want to head out early we can go to Martin's for breakfast, my treat. And all jokes aside, If I offer you a bottled water it won't be well water.

<br />Actually I like your sense of humor. You would fit right in with our group. If you need a ride, I'll be happy to pick you up and if you want to head out early we can go to Martin's for breakfast, my treat. And all jokes aside, If I offer you a bottled water it won't be well water.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

THANKS! I appreciate the offer... AS far as the water I did some research on the "fuel spill" that was referenced at the AA meeting and found out that the ENTIRE runway and ALL the hanger area is SEALED! The "spill" would have simply puddled up and been quickly removed and the area dried. There would be NO WAY for the fuel to seep into ANY ground water or to contaminate anyone in the areas well. NOW if her well is already a bad water source that of course is a different story and everyone on a well needs to do periodic testing.

<br /><br /><br />

THANKS! I appreciate the offer... AS far as the water I did some research on the "fuel spill" that was referenced at the AA meeting and found out that the ENTIRE runway and ALL the hanger area is SEALED! The "spill" would have simply puddled up and been quickly removed and the area dried. There would be NO WAY for the fuel to seep into ANY ground water or to contaminate anyone in the areas well. NOW if her well is already a bad water source that of course is a different story and everyone on a well needs to do periodic testing.

That sounds reasonable but as I've said in previous topics I personally feel a plan inçluding baseline assessments of current environmental and noise conditions where baselines are established at the 100 close neighboring properties and a plan to buy out neighbors if it's found their quality of life and or property values are found to be deminished in the future, would go a long way to calm the neighbors fears.

It's really a shame we find ourselves in this mess. We heard testamony earlier this week where our appointed and elected officials marched forward without approvals and financing because "we never had a problem before".

I am of the personal opinion there are PR damage groups and environmental company's that could be brought in for fees less than the legal fees we will be encountering.

In order for our airport to be successful we need to get this mess in order. We need to require the same process's be in order just like if you and I were break ground for a home or business. If you and I broke ground on a new building without permits and financing in place, you and I would be fools and we would be shut down immediately.

• Like 1

<br /><br /><br />

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/air-114401-study-furniture.html

"The study hopes to answer the environmental impact questions regarding the pollution coming from the estimated 150 jets that pass over head from JWA each day....THAT'S 150 JETS PER DAY!!!

Silver Comet Field is at the MOST going to have MAYBE 10 flights daily!!!

So yet again you post erroneous information designed to do nothing more than inflame others!!!

"The study hopes to answer the environmental impact questions regarding the pollution coming from the estimated 150 jets that pass over head from JWA each day....THAT'S 150 JETS PER DAY!!!

So yet again you post erroneous information designed to do nothing more than inflame others!!!

So you have facts that support 10 jets a day have no residue, right. Wait............what I thought it was a couple of flights a week. Does anyone really know what the "plan" is? I've heard a million passengers a year to a couple of flights a week. Cray cray.

Brett Smith says 1,000,000 passengers a year.

That's some mighty big airplanes.

Think about it. Propeller has a new CEO. Propeller is an investment firm. Do you really think the investors are going to be happy with the return a little airport will bring them? My guess is the heat is already on Brett Smith from the new CEO to start turning a profit. Wonder why Brett Smith is not kicking the $ in to keep the runway expansion on schedule? He said he would. The runway portion is not shutdown due to the FAA settlement. Seems simple to me, Brett writes a check and the runway contractor is back working. If it's going to be such a money maker why is Brett Smith so silent?

• Like 1

So you have facts that support 10 jets a day have no residue, right. Wait............what I thought it was a couple of flights a week. Does anyone really know what the "plan" is? I've heard a million passengers a year to a couple of flights a week. Cray cray.

No one even CPR has a clue what the business plan is. WHY???? because they do not have a business plan, Or if they have it is a secret because it has never been published.

They never had a plan for the expansion, They did not get the proper permits, nor did they have the financing in place to perform the work. And as of today they still have neither.

Think about it. Propeller has a new CEO. Propeller is an investment firm. Do you really think the investors are going to be happy with the return a little airport will bring them? My guess is the heat is already on Brett Smith from the new CEO to start turning a profit. Wonder why Brett Smith is not kicking the $ in to keep the runway expansion on schedule? He said he would. The runway portion is not shutdown due to the FAA settlement. Seems simple to me, Brett writes a check and the runway contractor is back working. If it's going to be such a money maker why is Brett Smith so silent?

Okay Brett time to walk like you talk, No need to cost the county several hundred thousands of dollars in cost as testified in court yesterday.... Just write the check and keep the work going after all you and Blake did have a hand shake didn't you?

Okay Brett time to walk like you talk, No need to cost the county several hundred thousands of dollars in cost as testified in court yesterday.... Just write the check and keep the work going after all you and Blake did have a hand shake didn't you?

I think he said something about being married, too. LMBO

Hey..... I got a idea....(who does that sound like?) Lets all meet Saturday and talk about this and send the PCAA a e-mail and ask for the business plan under the Freedom of Information act?

Honestly but if I thought the airport expansion was TRULY going to hurt the overall good of our citizens, I would join you; however I think the airport expansion is going to do great things for our county.

I will continue to support the PRO airport group as I can sincerely say they have the best interests of our county and it's citizens at heart. While I always appreciate others "working for their cause", I would hope they understand the group supporting the airport expansion is simply doing the same thing.

• Like 1

Honestly but if I thought the airport expansion was TRULY going to hurt the overall good of our citizens, I would join you; however I think the airport expansion is going to do great things for our county.

I will continue to support the PRO airport group as I can sincerely say they have the best interests of our county and it's citizens at heart. While I always appreciate others "working for their cause", I would hope they understand the group supporting the airport expansion is simply doing the same thing.

I personally have never had a doubt that was your position and that you are doing what you think is best for the county.

• Like 1

I too share with you excitement for the progress Industrial MRO business's will bring us. It's the Commercial Air Service I can not find any justification for.

In my opinion Surepip's plan for Class A Industrial buildings then incorporated at the Airport seems to me to have the possibility of providing us with the highest number of good paying jobs and opportunity to contribute to the tax base. I really believe the IBA could shine given this opportunity. Ride around Kennesaw, I'm guessing 50,000 +/- jobs in Class A Industrial buildings within 2 mlles of their airport. I was disappointed, maybe better said upset to see and listen to the 5 year plan for our airport. There was no mention of any Industrial MRO use at the airport in the next 5 years. I did question this later one on one and was told "that's the hangers". I hate to be the bearer of bad news. Hangers do not have loading docks.

<br />No one even CPR has a clue what the business plan is.  WHY???? because they do not have a business plan, Or if they have it is a secret because it has never been published.<br />They never had a plan for the expansion, They did not get the proper permits, nor did they have the financing in place to perform the work. And as of today they still have neither.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

OK! Ya'll have been on here now for MONTHS claiming DELTA has NO part in this lawsuit...Well it appears your OWN Media darling KELLY YAMANOUCHI from the AJC knows that is CRAP. She had a recent article in the AJC that read in part:

...No longer is the opposition limited to a ragtag handful of local residents. Joining the fight are at least four heavy-hitting law firms. So far, those firms combined have filed three lawsuits; submitted open records requests for piles of documents; taken depositions from airport and county officials; and started a website and a nonprofit 501©(4) -- a "social welfare" classification that includes issue advocacy groups...

She goes on to say:

...Delta already has been a client for at least three of the four firms, which are known for their corporate and political ties. Several weeks ago, McKenna Long & Aldridge attorney Stefan Passantino formed a nonprofit group called Committee to Protect Paulding County in opposition to the airport's expansion. Listed as CEO of the nonprofit is Chip Lake, a Republican consultant and former adviser to U.S. Rep. Phil Gingery. The CFO is Rick Thompson, political consultant and former director of the state ethics commission...

...On the morning the airport announced its plans to attract airline flights, Delta chief executive Richard Anderson came out swinging. With the city of Atlanta and Mayor Kasim Reed, "we will work together to oppose any investment in that facility," Anderson said. "The investment needs to go into Hartsfield-Jackson."...

She then points out how EVEN the DELTA Pilot's Union got involved:

...Delta's pilots union also deployed representatives to a meeting of residents who oppose the commercialization and e-mailed letters urging pilots to contact their elected representatives about their opposition to a second commercial airport in metro Atlanta. "Delta Air Lines is the largest employer in the state, the expansion will raise our cost of doing business, and when Delta sneezes, Georgia gets a cold," the letter from the union to pilots said. Delta pilot Tim Heiple attended the Paulding airport authority meeting Wednesday and said he's concerned it could take away from funding at Hartsfield-Jackson...

So it seems this FINALLY shows where the actual $$$$ are coming from to fund the lawsuits and cost the residents and taxpayers of Paulding County unneeded expense to defend. Additionally a HUGE point here is NONE of these folks she list in her article are PAULDING COUNTY RESIDENTS!!! That is important to note and as our County Commissioner David Austin put it:

"I would just say, 'Stay out of Paulding,'" Austin said.

"Don't cost us any more money in courts and lawyers."

<br />I think we have a broken record.  Cross posting the same information over and over is good for Pubby, gets the post counts up.  lol<br />
<br /><br /><br />

I FULLY realize this article was dated January 16th, 2014...HOWEVER that was NOT MY POINT and you know it!!! The point is EVERYONE including your MEDIA rep. KNOWS DELTA is funding this lawsuit and this IS IMPORTANT!

<br /><br /><br />

I FULLY realize this article was dated January 16th, 2014...HOWEVER that was NOT MY POINT and you know it!!! The point is EVERYONE including your MEDIA rep. KNOWS DELTA is funding this lawsuit and this IS IMPORTANT!

Giggle

A little more detail on this Volunteer Blowout!

This Saturday, February 8th, the Committee to Protect Paulding County will be gathering for a Super Saturday volunteer blowout!

We will be discussing recent developments in the fight against airport expansion, highlighting upcoming volunteer opportunities and hitting the pavement with door-to-door canvassing.

If you want to have your voice heard on this critical issue, this Saturday is a great opportunity!

If you have any questions or want to RSVP, reply to this email or visit our facebook page - www.Facebook.com/ProtectPauldingCounty - for more information.

---

Super Saturday

WHO: Opponents of Paulding County Airport Expansion

WHAT: Super Saturday Volunteer Blowout

WHEN: Saturday, February 8th

10AM - 10:30AM - Coffee, Donuts and Current Event Update

10:30AM - 1:30PM - Door-to-Door Canvassing

WHERE: 1280 Jimmy Campbell Pkwy, Bldg #500

Dallas, GA 30132

WHY: Updates on recent developments, door-to-door canvassing

P.S. - Help spread the word! Send this to as many Paulding County taxpayers as you possibly can!

Edited by tundra
  • Like 1