Paulding.com

Patella(knee cap) Realignment Surgery...

Has anyone ever had this surgery? My daughter is 16 and just had it done about a week ago. It was her 1st and I hope only surgery. She was wanting to find someone who has had this done. Maybe it would give her some peace of mimd. She is 16 and a BIG I mean BIG baby when it comes to pain and think she is never gonna walk again.I understand it is scary for her. So anybody out there can give her some peace of mind that would be Great.

My wife had both patella tendons break at the same time a couple of years ago. After the pain from the initial break was over (about 15 minutes) she never had any terrible pain.

Just make sure she isn't having pain from an infection.

I don't know anyone that has had JUST that surgery. But, I know several teens that have had that with other knee repairs - ACL repair, MCL repair, etc. When does she start PT? That will probably be the best thing for her - not just the PT, but the support group around her - everyone there has something wrong with them and is getting better.

make sure she does the Physical Therapy...I know a couple of people that had regular knee surgery and did not do it and the pain of getting their knees back to normal was brutal...good luck to your baby

I second this hugely. Doing what the PT folks say is THE biggest help in getting back to normal for any surgery like this. She may hate them (they're used to people hating them, bless their hearts), but she needs to do exactly what they tell her.