Paulding.com

Body found in a shallow grave

I just spoke with Sheriff Gulledge.

A human jaw bone was found by a hunter in the Dabbs bridge area.

He called the sheriff and the body of a women was found in a shallow grave in the back of an unfinished subdivision.

The body is believed to have been in the grave for less than 2 years.

The body was turned over to the pathology division of the GBI.

Area law enforcement will be checking missing person reports to try and identify the body..

Sheriff Gulledge will update us when they have more information.

Hopefully a family out there will get some closure.

The sad part is that a high percent of murders are committed by someone the victim knows or is related to. Most likely someone is also going to be very afraid because the body was discovered.

When was the jaw bone and body found? Was this today? I know you said you "just" talked to the Sheriff but, I was just curious as to when this was actually found.

It was within the last few days, I interrupted his hunting trip so I did not keep him on the phone very long.

Less than 2 yrs. Whoever it is, it's just pitiful. :sigh:

That was a preliminary estimate when I ask him to confirm that it was not an artifact.

It was based on what could be seen on the site. The actual age will be determined by the GBI lab. Weather and insects can make a big difference.

Are you saying that this IS or COULD BE this person? I don't rememebr hearing about the disappearance of a young lady, last year.

Well, if the body had been there 2 yrs, then it might not be her. Says she has been missing since November 2012???

That was the only person missing in PC after 2006 that I saw.

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/human-remains-found-in-paulding-county/nbT2S/

The skeletal remains were found Friday afternoon in a shallow grave off Dabbs Bridge Road, near the intersection with Harmony Grove Church Road, near Dallas, according to Cpl. Ashley Henson with the Paulding sheriff’s office. The remains were found in a wooded area near an empty subdivision and North Paulding High School.

The hunter, whose name was not released, called police after finding the bones, and Paulding deputies contacted the GBI, Henson said. The GBI will conduct an autopsy to determine the sex, possibly the identity, and how the person died, according to police.