Paulding.com

Bartow/Acworth Area Amber Alert - 8/14/13

Kaidyn Stover (8 months old)

Vehicle:

• 2003 Ford Taurus, GrayGeorgia license plate #PAT8423

The 8 month old child was abducted by the 22 year old abductor. They were last seen at 4367 Commanche Drive in Acworth, Georgia. Believed to be traveling in a 2003 Gray Ford Taurus with GA tag PAT8423. IF YOU HAVE ANY INFORMATION ON THE WHEREABOUTS OF KAIDYN STOVER CONTACT BARTOW COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE AT 770-382-5050.

If you have information, contact:

Bartow County Sheriff's OfficeCall: 770-382-5050

as far as I know the amber alert is still in effect and came out shortly after noon.

That is my understanding.

I suspect that patch got it from their Cartersville contacts earlier and the local boys didn't call for the amber alert or it wasn't sent to us. The amber alert I saw came out shortly before noon.

I did see the other topic but when I came to the site, I was reacting to the amber alert on my phone; got waylaid, and the first thing I saw was Freebird's post. I didn't know it had been posted earlier this morning.

Thanks to all who followed and especially contributed to the story.

pubby

I'm glad they got her. Hopefully they will keep her this time. A search of her name shows at least 2 prior arrests this year. I wonder why they waited so long to issue an Amber Alert.

No kidding!! Don't you hate it when they show the mug shots of wanted criminals, when it's obvious that they should have kept them when they had them in custody on the first place? Ridiculous!!!!

No kidding!! Don't you hate it when they show the mug shots of wanted criminals, when it's obvious that they should have kept them when they had them in custody on the first place? Ridiculous!!!!

Yes! The only charge they mentioned on the news was her arrest for meth in 2009. She was also arrested in March or April and July of this year. I could never be a judge because I'd be denying bail left and right.

Exactly, the abduction was already all over the news at 5:00 am, why wait until afternoon to issue an Amber Alert?

I've not read the material but I'm assuming she is the mother in this case. There are specific issues in issuing an amber alert and if there was any question if it met the criteria LEO may have been prevented from issuing the state-wide alert.

Or it may be the local authorities just failed to make the right call or push the right button.

pubby