Paulding.com

Mrs. Dorothy Jean "Dottie" Troy

Mrs. Dorothy Jean Troy, affectionately known as Dottie, age69, of Douglasville, Georgia, passed away on Friday, April 26, 2013 at herresidence.

Dottie was born on March 14, 1944 in Marietta, GA to lovingparents the late Mr. Eugene Felton Carlisle and Mrs. Dorothy Lucille BurgessCarlisle. She was also preceded in deathby one grandson Mr. Lane Thomas Cabe, and one sister Mrs. Minnie Lou Echols.

Dottie was a member of Martinville Baptist Church. She enjoyed being a homemaker and adored hergrandchildren. She had a love of gospelmusic, flower gardening, and was a Braves baseball fan.

She is survived by her loving husband Mr. Tom Troy ofDouglasville, GA; two daughters Mr. & Mrs. Lester (Rita) Cabe of Hiram, GA,and Reverend & Mrs. Donnie (Lisa) Evans of Dallas, GA; four grandchildrenJoshua Evans, Scott Cabe, Rebekah Evans, and Lindsey Cabe; one sister Mr. &Mrs. Mel (Judy) Burger of Smyrna, GA; several nieces, nephews, and belovedfriends.

Funeral services for Dottie Troy will be held in the Chapel of Jeff Eberhart Funeral Home on Monday, April 29, 2013 at 2 pm with Reverend Wayne Sullivan and Reverend Donnie Evans officiating. The following gentlemen will serve as pallbearers Lester Cabe, Scott Cabe, Eddie Keown, Steve Miers, Poley Troy, and Josh Erickson. Interment will follow at Peaceful Meadows Memorial Cemetery.

The family will receive friends at the funeral home onSunday, April 28, 2013 from 3 – 9 pm and Monday, April 29, 2013 from 9 am untilthe funeral hour.

Please join the family in honoring her life by visiting www.jeffeberhartfuneralhome.comto sign the register book and share a memory.

Edited by Eberhart Funeral Home - Dallas

I think of you a lot Rita, you just pop in my head from time to time. Last I spoke to you you were saying how sick your Mom was and I've wondered how you both were doing.

RIP Mrs. Troy. You sure did raise a fine daughter.

• Like 1

Dottie raised two fine daughters.

I think of you a lot Rita, you just pop in my head from time to time. Last I spoke to you you were saying how sick your Mom was and I've wondered how you both were doing.

RIP Mrs. Troy. You sure did raise a fine daughter.