Paulding.com

Debate among Georgia District 31 candidates

Mark your calendars

Paulding County Republican Women’s Club Georgia Senate District 31 Debate:

Date: June 5, 2012

Time: 7:00 PM

Details: The Paulding County Republican Women’s Club will sponsor a debate among the Georgia District 31 Senate Candidates on June 5, 2012 at 7:00 PM.

The debate will take place in the Becky and Hal Echols Room at the Paulding County Chamber of Commerce Building located at 455 Jimmy Campbell Parkway, Dallas, Georgia. AJC Political Insider, Jim Galloway, will moderate.

The announced candidates are Senator Bill Heath (I), Bill Carruth, former Paulding County Commission Chair, and Jason Rogers, chief investigator for the Cobb County Solicitor General. The debate is open to the public and everyone is welcome to attend.

• Like 2

Will they answering topics given to the before hand so they have prepared answers to debate or are the topics " off the cuff " and they will have to think on their feet ?

They will not know what the questions are.

I wanted to remind everyone about this, it is a wonderful opportunity to be an informed voter. Attendance of these events are encouraging to those motivated to organize them for the community.

The debate last night was very good.

We will have the video up later today, as you can imagine it was a little over an hour.

I hope that everyone that is going to vote in the race will take the time to watch it.

It was very informative, you learn a lot about candidates when they debate, you get to see them in action rather listening to a speech.

There were also other candidates for other races there and it was a great opportunity to meet them.

I will be working hard in the next few weeks to get you as many candidate interviews as I can, especially for those of you that work and can't get to some of the events.

If you have any questions you would like me to ask any of the candidates please let me know.