Paulding.com

Here is the complete release.

----------------------------

Nationwide Envelope Relocating and Expanding to Paulding County

Paulding County Economic Development announced today that Nationwide Envelope Company, a leader in the printing and manufacturing of envelopes, is relocating and expanding its operations to Paulding County. The company has purchased 556 Cleburne Parkway, a 72,000 square foot industrial building, located near U.S. 278 in Hiram, for its operations. Nationwide Envelope expects the new facility to employ twenty-five associates within the first year of operation and that number is expected to increase to forty by 2013. The expansion is a result of strong growth within Nationwide Envelope’s printing division, as well as plans to add envelope manufacturing to the operation.

Nationwide Envelope, a division of Northeastern Envelope headquartered in Old Forge, Pennsylvania, has been in Atlanta since 1986. The company provides customized envelope printing and plans to manufacture a variety of envelope products. Due to its business growth and a need for additional production at its Atlanta operation, the company has outgrown its Selig Drive building in Fulton County. In June, Nationwide Envelope began searching for a new facility that could accommodate their current and future needs which included envelope manufacturing. The company looked at a number of locations in the Atlanta area before selecting Paulding as its new home.

“In Paulding County, Nationwide Envelope found a location that was ideally suited for our future growth, as well as an economic development organization (Paulding County Economic Development) that embraced our company and worked exceptionally hard to recruit us. Paulding County Economic Development (PCED) provided us with key local incentives to assist us in offsetting some of our expansion costs and helped with our due diligence process. Jamie Gilbert, PCED’s executive director, really made a strong impression with our general manager and myself, we appreciate all of PCED’s hard work in helping to get this deal done.” said Terry Burke, Northeastern Envelope’s President and CEO. Burke said the new location provides Nationwide Envelope with room to grow its operations. “Our Pennsylvania location which houses both printing and manufacturing has over 100 employees. I can see our Paulding County location becoming a similar size operation once we get the manufacturing component fully established.” said Burke.

Jamie Gilbert, PCED’s executive director said Nationwide Envelope’s expansion to Hiram is a tremendous win for Paulding County. “Nationwide Envelope could have chosen to go to anywhere in Metro Atlanta but they selected Paulding County as their new home because we offer an environment that is good for their long term business strategy. NEC has been a leader in their industry for over 50 years and is well respected by their customers. The new jobs and investment the project will bring to Hiram is welcome news anytime but in an economy that continues to struggle they take on added importance. In fact, the average salary for NEC’s operation will be significantly higher than the average salary in Paulding County which makes this an excellent day for our community.” he said.

Paulding County Commission Chairman David Austin is extremely pleased that Nationwide Envelope has decided to call Paulding its new home. “In 2008, when I ran for chairman, one of my top priorities was economic development and bringing good jobs to Paulding. We created PCED for that purpose and today we are seeing that decision deliver the first of what will be many successes. Nationwide Envelope is exactly the type of business we want to see locate and expand in Paulding. They are a terrific company with excellent management that will be a real asset to our community” said Austin.

City of Hiram Mayor Jack Paris said, “This is a banner day for Hiram. Over the last decade we have become a mecca for retail development but we are now starting to see our local economy move in a new and exciting direction. With the new WellStar Paulding Hospital, Atlanta Film Studios and now Nationwide Envelope, Hiram is experiencing a renaissance. We are excited that Nationwide Envelope will be locating to Hiram and bringing much needed jobs to our area.”

Carolyn Delamont, President of the Paulding County Chamber President said, “Nationwide Envelope is a fantastic addition to our business community. They will be one of the county’s largest manufacturers and private employers. PCED did an excellent job in recruiting them to Paulding and the chamber looks forward to working and partnering with Nationwide Envelope for many years. With this decision Paulding County and Nationwide Envelope have hit a home run.”

I think one of the lessons here is the value of the large 'empty' buildings ... of which this frankly was the only one available.

What I'm told is that Nationwide Envelope will be getting its occupancy and business permits here in the next month and should begin hiring probably about ten people starting probably in November. These ten folks will join about 15 current employees of the company moving with the company from Fulton County.

In discussion with Jamie today, he also mentioned these are upscale manufacturing process jobs and pay well above the average wage earned in the county.

pubby

I saw surepip lurking down there in the list. Yes, surepip, this particular property did have dock-height freight doors ... I want to say something like five or six of them.

It's nice to hear of a business that's apparently doing well and expanding. I guess Nationwide Envelope must be doing something right, since National Envelope Corp filed for bankruptcy last year and closed the plant in Austell. [ajc] Demand for envelopes is certainly down and not needed for much mail anymore with so much being done online.

Does this property have railroad access? NE uses railway and tractor-trailors at the present location to bring in and send out materials.

It is adjacent to the rail road but I don't think there is a siding there. Like Bored said, this is quite close to the intermodal setup in Powdersprings suggesting they'd fill up a truck trailer and just drive it five miles to the intermodal station and ship 'em out using the rail that way. Probably more efficient given that it wouldn't have to be removed from the trailer at the shipping end until the product reaches its final destination.

pubby

No rail siding there. I'm THRILLED to see something go in that building. And something BIG on Cleburne Parkway. That's like home to me since we owned and operated a business from the building across the street. That's where WE got our start in the business world.

Gonna tell my SIL about this. That would be ideal for him. Of course, the new business in the old National Envelope place on Humphries Hill would be better since he could leave for work five minutes before work time and be there 2 minutes early. :pardon:

It is adjacent to the rail road but I don't think there is a siding there. Like Bored said, this is quite close to the intermodal setup in Powdersprings suggesting they'd fill up a truck trailer and just drive it five miles to the intermodal station and ship 'em out using the rail that way. Probably more efficient given that it wouldn't have to be removed from the trailer at the shipping end until the product reaches its final destination.

pubby