Paulding.com

Deep Green:

Self Ballasted Induction Lamps ... Had to look 'em up on google and I still don't know much about them.

of course all you have on the product page (when you don't click on energy efficient lighting or radiant heat barrier) is a picture of one of these things that is self-ballasted.

I learned two key things about these lamps. First they last a very long time - like three or four times longer than a compact florescent or HID ... but saw no comparison to LEDs on my foray into google.

I also picked up on the notion that these lights, like CF's, use mercury to glow somehow.

The benefit of these would seem to be to light places where replacing the bulbs would be a real pain ... gym overhead lighting, Mall overhead lighting, domed stadium overhead lighting, etc. -- you know where you have to rent a ladder truck or lift or build a rig to change the lights.

Anyway, your site didn't have any information other than the phrase and photo ... Self Ballasted Induction Lamps ... which frankly I had never heard of before.

pubby

Deep Green:

Self Ballasted Induction Lamps ... Had to look 'em up on google and I still don't know much about them.

of course all you have on the product page (when you don't click on energy efficient lighting or radiant heat barrier) is a picture of one of these things that is self-ballasted.

I learned two key things about these lamps. First they last a very long time - like three or four times longer than a compact florescent or HID ... but saw no comparison to LEDs on my foray into google.

I also picked up on the notion that these lights, like CF's, use mercury to glow somehow.

The benefit of these would seem to be to light places where replacing the bulbs would be a real pain ... gym overhead lighting, Mall overhead lighting, domed stadium overhead lighting, etc. -- you know where you have to rent a ladder truck or lift or build a rig to change the lights.

Anyway, your site didn't have any information other than the phrase and photo ... Self Ballasted Induction Lamps ... which frankly I had never heard of before.

pubby

Your correct on the Small amount of Mercury to induce the Glow with Induction lamps. I would typically use them in outdoor fixtures that are really high up and need ambient lighting. I have not thought about the comparison between it and LEDs. This will be done at some point soon. I really think the best place in the county for them would be the Firestations due to the 400W MHL they use now and Induction is 1/2 the wattage, 5 times the life, 10 year warranty and 50% the cost of using LEDS or more. It definitely does have its benefits.

Good start. You need to stop by my shop/office sometime soon....it has been a while.

Let me know when. I do not recognize the "name" on here though so i havent a clue where to visit. :)

Your correct on the Small amount of Mercury to induce the Glow with Induction lamps. I would typically use them in outdoor fixtures that are really high up and need ambient lighting. I have not thought about the comparison between it and LEDs. This will be done at some point soon. I really think the best place in the county for them would be the Firestations due to the 400W MHL they use now and Induction is 1/2 the wattage, 5 times the life, 10 year warranty and 50% the cost of using LEDS or more. It definitely does have its benefits.

Let me know when. I do not recognize the "name" on here though so i havent a clue where to visit. :)

Hint: Bobo Rd.

I sincerely appreciate all of your input about the site. Its helped tremendously regarding how to make it better and more descriptive. .... Ok so there is a little sarcasm. I Guess i need to start some drama to get folks to respond next time.

Don't worry about that....it will no doubt come before you know what hit you. ;) Not from me though. I think the site is really cool and informative. :)