Paulding.com

Canadian Health Care....

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/02/24/canadian-family-life-support-battle-denied-request-hospital-transfer/

Canadian health care allocation officials already ruled that Joseph had to be taken off life support and allowed to die in the hospital. A Canadian judge then ruled that Maraachli had to give his consent to having the breathing tube removed by Monday. He refused.

Maraachli says turning off life support could cause his son to choke and suffocate. He told Fox News on Wednesday that the doctors at London Health Sciences Centre have said the “best treatment” is to “let him die… I don’t know what kind of treatment that [is].”

The family believes this procedure will allow Joseph to breathe on his own, and thereby be able to go home and likely die there.

Doctors are now asking the Canadian government to allow them to remove the breathing tube without the family’s consent. The Ontario hospital contends that a tracheotomy would be painful for the boy, despite their argument that Joseph is in a vegetative state.

Imagine the Government having the "power" to authorize Doctor's to terminate your loved ones life WITHOUT your consent!

Yeah...you can have free health care if you want, but trust me, it will ALWAYS cost something!!!

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/02/24/canadian-family-life-support-battle-denied-request-hospital-transfer/

Imagine the Government having the "power" to authorize Doctor's to terminate your loved ones life WITHOUT your consent!

Yeah...you can have free health care if you want, but trust me, it will ALWAYS cost something!!!

These things come up here, there and everywhere. It's hard, if not impossible, for a parent to take a child off of life support. But, at some point, someone has to do something.

There's ton of information out there, but it's something like 80% of our entire life time spend on health care will happen during the last 2 years of a person's life. Often for futile reasons.

Of course, I have a very strong faith in the Lord...some death is just a homecoming for me! :yahoo:

Talking with some Canadians who know the difference in our health care and theirs, would they would take ours anyday.

But there are a lot of Canadians who are just too proud to tell anyone the truth.

Sure didn't take long to see how good the socialized dental plan in the UK was, did it?

Talking with some Canadians who know the difference in our health care and theirs, would they would take ours anyday.

But there are a lot of Canadians who are just too proud to tell anyone the truth. Sure didn't take long to see how good the socialized dental plan in the UK was, did it?

:rofl: I'll make sure to tell my relatives that they are to afraid to tell the truth. They have lived in the US and in Canada. Some prefer the Canada system, others prefer the US one...but I guess if anyone disagrees with your opinion they are afraid to speak the truth? Your way of think is the way the truth and the life? Maybe you should change your screen name to Jesus and your avator to a photo of a Mexican lawn care professional.

The fact is that if you have had issues with the health care system no matter where you live you aren't going to like it. BOTH systems have their pros and cons and BOTH need to be revamped.

as always when this topic comes up I will note I am 100% AGAINST Obama care.

These things come up here, there and everywhere. It's hard, if not impossible, for a parent to take a child off of life support. But, at some point, someone has to do something.

There's ton of information out there, but it's something like 80% of our entire life time spend on health care will happen during the last 2 years of a person's life. Often for futile reasons.

Of course, I have a very strong faith in the Lord...some death is just a homecoming for me! :yahoo:

There's more to it than that, i have been following this case. The couple had a daughter with the same neurological problem before, in the end there was noting left to (as with this case). They gave her a tracheotomy (sp?) which allowed her 6 more months to live, and the parents took her home to spend that time with her. This is what they want here. The boy is going to die anyway, the parents just want to buy that little bit of time and take him home to die. The hospital says no, they won't perform the surgery, because it is too risky (???!!!!!), and they want to remove the tubes now, with no surgery, which will cause the boy to die near immediately in the hospital. They have a restraining order ont he parents who are only allowed to see the boy for a limited time under a guards watch. I don't know what they think they are going to do - trach him themselves and run with him? Ridiculous. This hospital simply wants to flex it's muscles and are making an example of these parents to do it. Very, very sad.

There's more to it than that, i have been following this case. The couple had a daughter with the same neurological problem before, in the end there was noting left to (as with this case). They gave her a tracheotomy (sp?) which allowed her 6 more months to live, and the parents took her home to spend that time with her. This is what they want here. The boy is going to die anyway, the parents just want to buy that little bit of time and take him home to die. The hospital says no, they won't perform the surgery, because it is too risky (???!!!!!), and they want to remove the tubes now, with no surgery, which will cause the boy to die near immediately in the hospital. They have a restraining order ont he parents who are only allowed to see the boy for a limited time under a guards watch. I don't know what they think they are going to do - trach him themselves and run with him? Ridiculous. This hospital simply wants to flex it's muscles and are making an example of these parents to do it. Very, very sad.

What a difficult situation to say the least. I wonder what the daughter's last six months were like. If she suffered for six months just so the parents could have that extra time, I just don't know what I would do. There is no way to know what you would do unless you're put in that situation.

Thank you C4B!! This is the whole thing in a nut shell, they just want to take the baby home to die..........what the He!! is wrong with that?? I wonder if private contributions could pay for the tracheotomy so they can bring him home. Somehow I think the government won't allow that to happen. :(

Thank you C4B!! This is the whole thing in a nut shell, they just want to take the baby home to die..........what the He!! is wrong with that?? I wonder if private contributions could pay for the tracheotomy so they can bring him home. Somehow I think the government won't allow that to happen. :(

A US hospital is offering to have him transfered in so the parents can have more control. The Canadian hospital says if they get the permission, they will pull the tubes anyway even if the transfer is arranged.

There is an almost infinite number of anecdotal stories about negative health care stories from anywhere.

The real story is told by these facts: Canadians outlive us, Canadians spend less than half what we spend per person to provide better average healthcare results than we achieve, Canadians do not have bankruptcies from excessive costs of medical care...

If Canada increased it's health care spending drastically, say about 20% or so, their system would be very well funded. They would then be spending only slightly over half what we spend. A long time friend of mine just incurred (here in the US) severe long term health problems including 3 surgeries (one was heart surgery,) 3 lengthy hospital stays in as many months, seriously nearly died as a matter of fact. A degreed professional hard working business owner, he, like many business owners, has been experiencing financial problems and could not afford medical insurance lately.

Were he Canadian, he would have easily gotten the necessary tests early on, would NOT have needed heart or any of the surgeries, and would long ago have been back to work.

And the bills? Just say several decent houses worth.

Were he Canadian, he could have been cured before it got bad for less than $1000.

Their way is better. They slightly underfund their system, but overall, it is WAY more efficient. Even though underfunded now, they achieve better results than we do in almost every measure.

They are much more conservative and fiscally efficient in how they pay for health care. Of that, there is no doubt.

NONE.

Edited by Well Read