Paulding.com

Women owned businesses, please step in here

I am pleased to invite you to a new business to business group that is growing like wildfire in this area. Have you heard of a the group called Women Who Barter? I know there are a few members here already and expect they will chime in and support this post.:clapping:

The group, despite the name, is NOT all about bartering but more of the concept of "pay it forward" and to help other women succeed in business. It started only a few months ago and the group already has 80 plus members and is growing so fast it had to take on more chapters already. I am fortunate enough to run the Powder Springs Chapter which serves (but not limited to) the Douglas,Paulding and West Cobb areas of Powder Springs, Hiram, Douglasville, Acworth and Dallas.

Now all of you women out there (and the men reading this post who support women so much that they couldn't resist reading it, yeah, I know you are there!) know that there are many networking groups all over that do help some with your business. But women do refer, network and promote other women businesses very differently and there is a difference in how we will promote another small business with no expectations of anything in return and of course, our natural mothering skills that just want to help other women succeed.

This link is for the meetup group for our next meeting on November 8th at 6:30pm. I hope you will RSVP and check out the group. The event is free to come to and it is a dessert event so make sure you have room to eat some yummy food too!

http://www.meetup.com/Women-Who-Barter/calendar/15276522/

Please feel to contact me directly at my email address for any questions.

Hoping to see some P.commers there!

Can women attend this group even if they don't own their own business? I am interested in attending, I work for the city of Dallas and manage the theater downtown.

thanks!

Yes, Come check us out so you can meet lots of business owners and see how we can work with each other. I would love to discuss some ideas with you!

Rsvp at

http://www.meetup.com/Women-Who-Barter/calendar/15276522/?from=list&offset=0

if the link is still up when you read this, but if it is closed, please stop in anyway;o)

I am very interested in coming to this, sounds like fun and a good think.

If LPPT don't see my post , where can I find directions and is there anything I need to do to join.

Thanks, Tona

Anyone can sign up here. If after 3pm, it will close out to register but still come on down. Directions are on the website and if any issues, just let me know. Meeting is right behind the Powder Springs post office in the subdivision, Silver Springs Village.

http://www.meetup.com/Women-Who-Barter/calendar/15276522/

It turns out I can't make it tonight, but I just became a facebook 'fan' so I can keep up with this organization and hopefully attend the next gathering. Thanks for posting this Bookworm!! :)

I had sent an email through the website about attending but never heard anything back. When is the next get together planned?

Hopefully first week in December but I will post it here. I sent you a message. Give me a call!

I had fun last night. I look forward to future events.

Thanks for attending, I would love to get together with you soon!

I wanted to go so bad, but De'Rae was running a little late and I had family members come in after that.

I'm glad you had a good turn out. I am still very interested in joining.

Don't worry, there will be more events soon. I will announce them on P.Comm :yahoo:

I didn't see a message. Was that today?

Just a few minutes ago. Check your email. :blush: