Paulding.com

Poll: Aggressive Boys Soccer

I thought soccer was no contact?

LOL!

I hear that all the time. Maybe at Rec Level U-8 and lower, but the higher the level, the more contact.

There are limits, but there is a LOT of contact.

Picture 15 is legal because it's shoulder to shoulder (arms down) and both are making moves on the ball. Same with 13. 12 on the other hand is getting close to a foul as the arms come up. Love shot 6. :)

Check out a High School Game this Spring or if you have time now, West Metro Soccer has their Select games at Taylor Farm Park on the weekends. Usually 4-5 games going on out there a weekend, both boys and girls. It's not a kids game at that level.

I couldn't begin to pick a favorite on - they are ALL AWESOME! I'm partial to the one of the keeper - it's so hard to get good keeper shots because usually players are piled up around them. I like the one of 11 in the air. But, I couldn't pick.

As for the aggressivenes, soccer isn't a no-contact sport. Your kid will get seriously hurt if they play no contact - they'll get run over and roughoused like you can't believe.

I've seen how many brusies keepers come home with - full cleat marks on their legs and chests - even with keeper pants and shirts on. It's not a sport for the weary. But, it's alot of fun.