Paulding.com

NG,

I hope you read a reply from Will Avery soon, but I have to at least jump in based on several of the red comments.

The pre-existing conditions in our health coverage bankrupt too many people. It is a morally wrong approach and needs to be addressed. As long as you never change jobs and never let coverage lapse, and are not denied things might be different. But all this does happen, continually and there are too many denied coverage as a result. Someone laid off who cannot afford Cobra, and then gets another job and is denied is wrong.

If the state is giving Kia huge incentives and exemptions so the plant hires Georgia workers, then they should indeed be hiring Georgia workers. Or forfeit the incentives and exemptions. We spent millions and millions on the interstate work alone.

Don't get me started on the reservoir. Call David Austin's office and find out what happened the last 6 months of Shearin's lame duck term. From what I recently learned, the Corp of Engineers sent numerous letters requesting more info or details, and Shearin's office chose to just ignore them his last 6 months. One of the last letters from the Corp said something along the lines of "we assume you lack of response to our previous inquiries means this project is no longer on the fast track", and they bumped us to the bottom of the list. I heard this at a Rotary meeting where the county administrator was fielding questions 2 months or so ago. Really ticked me off. Another reason the lame duck period should be shortened if there is no general election oppostion.

92 has been on the list for widening for years. And there is nothing concrete yet on our end although the downtown Douglasville end will be worked on at the RR tracks soon. With the recent SPLOST passing, at least the rest of the Hiram Bypass system will be completed in the next 4 - 5 years.

The Georgia Tier System for incentives, grants, and other financial help for attracting industry is a ridiculous piece of legislation as it stands. Because we are over 100,000 people and adjacent to Cobb, Paulding qualifies for nothing. If they simply added another qualifier along the lines of "And has a residential tax base of over 75%" then we could get incentives similar to Harralson, Polk and others. Richardson was too busy with his AGL lady, the RBMDs, and changing the banking laws to bother. Getting us a more lucrative tier rating could help us bring industry here with State help we are not qualified to receive now. Hamrick and Heath could care less because each of their counties have the tier rating they want.

You smoke, and this would be a vice tax. Vice taxes are voluntary. Same for alcohol. Quit, or pay it. New York is now $10 a pack.

The media has been all over the sloppy sales tax enforcement the past year. Millions and millions are collected, yet not paid to the state. I get pissed with the 7% on the newspaper $2 when the tax is supposed to be included in the $2 price. Just how much a year is that at $0.14 for every Sunday newspaper sold retail ? There are many others who collect the tax from the buyer and do not turn if over to the state. Yet they stay in business with little in the way of reprisals from the State DOR.

Delta got their "Exemption" after 9/11 to help them offset their losses in the aftermath. That was 9 years ago. They then paid their board $490 million in bonuses, and then declared bankruptcy. Here we are years later, and they still get their exemption on fuel taxes. AirTrans does not recieve anything similar. It is not right or fair. It was done for helping them after the flights were all shut down, and to assist their cash flow. They should no longer be receiving this and if they can't survive without it then they should shut down and sell out to a profitable airline.

Will Avery has demonstrated he is a conservative, and much more so than Braddock has demonstrated by her past voting record. He has some "outside the box" thinking, and could be a tremendous breathe of fresh air under the gold dome for Paulding and for Georgia.

Time for bed.

• Like 1
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'll have to be sure I keep this straight. According to your most vocal (and obnoxious) supporters here:   -- When it's a voted-upon increase from the BOC in a declining home values market, it's

You all go talk and re-group. I've got other things to do that doesn't involve any of you.   Of course, it's now painfully obvious why Avery choose some guy from out of town to be his campaign ma

The point is that many of the folks that voted to pass this were the ones who signed the no tax agreement. Lets not forget about not funding the home owners tax relief grant either. If we are going

As far as helping bring in new revenue:

I have spoken at length about many of these issues. Per the Georgia Budget Policy Institute, an estimated 380 million could be collected through simply raising cigarette and other tobacco product taxes. It might not be popular, but it is a voluntary tax that residents choose to pay.

So (according to the thread you started) you oppose "fees" for services that folks use, but you support what is basically a "sin tax". How much sin tax do you support placing on alcohol?

As I remember, a Sheriff from another county must contact the local Sheriff to get a warrant or any official papers from the other county served on a local person.

Getting a warrant has nothing to do with what is being discussed. And no, if you are serving papers from another county you don't need the originating county sheriff's approval and it's not true in reverse.

Guest Hi~ho Silver

I'll be turning my tag in next year along with lots of other people I bet.

I'll keep my tag, even with fee increase. It has saved me hundreds or more over the years. It's a good investment.

Getting a warrant has nothing to do with what is being discussed. And no, if you are serving papers from another county you don't need the originating county sheriff's approval and it's not true in reverse.

Thanks for the correction.

As far as helping bring jobs to Paulding:

We have to offer tax credits for companies bringing on new employees to encourage job growth. Carte blanche tax exemptions does not cut it though. They have to be directed and have to have oversight. For example, the Kia plant that received large amounts of tax exemptions and credits in order to open near Legrange currently employs large numbers of people who are not even Georgia citizens. As part of their tax agreement, they should be required to hire Georgia workers first!!!

This requirement would be impossible to enforce and would burden the free market with unesscessary

government restrictions. It would also serve to discourage most large companies from locating here.

We have to bring water to Paulding. Without our own supply, no large scale employer is going to come here knowing that they are not guaranteed water and sewer service in the future, especially considering the problems with the rest of the metro Atlanta area and water.

For almost 15 years I have heard this same water supply promise (reservior)

over and over and over again from every Paulding politician to come down the pike.

My infant daughter will probably graduate college before this county ever drinks the first drop.

We have to improve transportation. All it takes taking a potential industrialist through Hiram on any afternoon to make them wonder "how am I going to get my trucks though here?" There are several options as to improving transportation through the county that are not limited to the legendary and allusice HWY 92 widening.

All options for improving transportation will require truckloads of taxpayer money.

We must also move Paulding into a higher industrial exemption tier level. This is a very complicated piece of legislation, but it basically gives new industries less tax benefits for bringing jobs to Paulding, largely because of our population. It gives more tax incentives for industries moving to rural areas. The problem with this is that rural areas do not have the work force that many industries need, and urban and suburban areas do not the tax credits. It is a lose lose situation because industries are moving to other states for the aforementioned issues.

As far as helping bring in new revenue:

I have spoken at length about many of these issues. Per the Georgia Budget Policy Institute, an estimated 380 million could be collected through simply raising cigarette and other tobacco product taxes. It might not be popular, but it is a voluntary tax that residents choose to pay.

In other words, your first proposal to fund more government spending is a tax increase,

which does not even come close to the amount needed for reinstatement of homeowners tax relief.

The relief was repealed due to a massive $2.2 billion dollar budget shortfall and would cost

the state an estimated $428 million to reinstate.

We could receive approximately 357 million through reform our sales tax system. Bottom line is that it needs to be more efficient and collection measures need to be taken seriously. There are thousands of businesses that operate without a sales tax license but still charge sales tax. This is basically stealing red handed from all of us. Any of us go buy a Dr. Pepper or any other item, we pay our sales tax, it never gets collected. This system has to be reformed.

Reform is government speak for spending more money. I agree that these taxes need to be collected,

but make no mistake that improved collections will come with an increase in cost to perform the work.

We need to work to audit and reduce out dated and abused corporate tax loopholes and exemptions. The accountability process for ensuring that corporate tax exemptions are being used for their designed purpose is extraordinarily corrupt and is abused more every year. I always use the Delta example, but why do they get exemptions that other Atlanta airlines do not get? Not to mention, they still charge us all fees to carry on our bags.

Corporations do not pay taxes, consumers will bear the

burden in the form of higher prices for goods and services.

I am sorry that it might upset people to think that a Democrat can espouse conservative values. No party has a patent on the word conservative and non has one on the word liberal. I have been open and honest and have responded to questions asked to me in a public forum. I have proposed solutions to problems that we face, yet I keep being accused of not giving solutions.

You have proposed some very vague and general solutions, all of which entail massive amounts of unsustainable government spending (taxpayer dollars) at a time when we are rapidly approaching the tipping point of bankruptcy. None of which fit my definition of fiscal Conservatism. Looking to the gluttonous beast of government to solve all of our problems with more of our money is not the solution, it is part of the problem.

I appreciate your answers to my questions

and have placed my responses in bold above.

First.....a fee is a tax for a service, and theoretically the revenues should go directly to pay for that service. That is everywhere but Georgia. The fees go directly into the general fund, where they are doled back out. Nearly all fee collecting agencies, even the Environmental Protection Division, State parks, Tag offices, and others, never see all of that money back. Some don't see a dime, like the $1.50 cell phone fees that were supposed to go to 911 call centers. It is all treated just like income or sales tax. This must change.

Second.....myself and others have talked to Will about all of the ideas above, and while I don't agree with every nuance, I agree 100 percent in principal. I will also add that Will is LISTENING. He has actually taken input from his hopefully soon to be constituents and modified his stance after getting some good input from the people he will be representing. THAT IS PRECISELY WHY WE CALL THEM REPRESENTATIVES. Isn't it wonderful that a candidate is actually willing to have an adult two way conversation with all of the folks here in the county?

Third.......I heard the same "no new taxes" speeches that y'all did. I think that after Bush 1 politicians should have learned a lesson. That is apparently giving them more credit than the deserve.

Fourth......I will not engage in Paulette bashing. Pointing out the true foibles of a political opponent is not bashing. Exaggerating or lying about them is. Those of you supporting Paulette have not said much about her cruise. I will say that I find unconscionable for a candidate for public office to be so apparently smug as to actually go on vacation instead of engaging in an open debate of the issues with her opponent. She has to have known for months that she would be running for this office, and I hope she is aware of election day and that the voters would like to hear her stance on some of the issues Will has openly discussed here and on every front porch he can get his foot on. I would really like her to reconsider for the good of the 19th district.

• Like 2

First.....a fee is a tax for a service, and theoretically the revenues should go directly to pay for that service. That is everywhere but Georgia. The fees go directly into the general fund, where they are doled back out. Nearly all fee collecting agencies, even the Environmental Protection Division, State parks, Tag offices, and others, never see all of that money back. Some don't see a dime, like the $1.50 cell phone fees that were supposed to go to 911 call centers. It is all treated just like income or sales tax. This must change.

Second.....myself and others have talked to Will about all of the ideas above, and while I don't agree with every nuance, I agree 100 percent in principal. I will also add that Will is LISTENING. He has actually taken input from his hopefully soon to be constituents and modified his stance after getting some good input from the people he will be representing. THAT IS PRECISELY WHY WE CALL THEM REPRESENTATIVES. Isn't it wonderful that a candidate is actually willing to have an adult two way conversation with all of the folks here in the county?

Third.......I heard the same "no new taxes" speeches that y'all did. I think that after Bush 1 politicians should have learned a lesson. That is apparently giving them more credit than the deserve.

Fourth......I will not engage in Paulette bashing. Pointing out the true foibles of a political opponent is not bashing. Exaggerating or lying about them is. Those of you supporting Paulette have not said much about her cruise. I will say that I find unconscionable for a candidate for public office to be so apparently smug as to actually go on vacation instead of engaging in an open debate of the issues with her opponent. She has to have known for months that she would be running for this office, and I hope she is aware of election day and that the voters would like to hear her stance on some of the issues Will has openly discussed here and on every front porch he can get his foot on. I would really like her to reconsider for the good of the 19th district.

Is it really the case that she is going on vacation? If that is the case, I am actually abhorred. I mean, it's no secret that I'm not a fan of hers, but if she wants to represent a large group of people in a government body, why the heck would she take some time off? It's irresponsible, and tells us that she doesn't care about listening. I've been around politics for quite some time now, and it's usually only during campaign season that candidates even pretend to listen to people. If she can't even pretend to listen, how receptive will she be when it matters wacko.gif

Is it really the case that she is going on vacation? If that is the case, I am actually abhorred. I mean, it's no secret that I'm not a fan of hers, but if she wants to represent a large group of people in a government body, why the heck would she take some time off? It's irresponsible, and tells us that she doesn't care about listening. I've been around politics for quite some time now, and it's usually only during campaign season that candidates even pretend to listen to people. If she can't even pretend to listen, how receptive will she be when it matters wacko.gif

Ummm why are you talking about our President that way, substitute he for she and what do you get?? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Good post LTD.

Hey Bush did it too, but yeah, I'll even concede that Obama shouldn't do so many danged vacations.

:lol: It just struck me funny because I've been called out about being upset about parties at the White House and lots of vacation time.

At least Bush didn't consistently spend tax payer $ vacationing on his ranch in Crawford. Oh yea, I'm sure you've heard this before but everything is not Bush's fault, he's not even president anymore. :D

laugh.gif It just struck me funny because I've been called out about being upset about parties at the White House and lots of vacation time.

At least Bush didn't consistently spend tax payer $ vacationing on his ranch in Crawford. Oh yea, I'm sure you've heard this before but everything is not Bush's fault, he's not even president anymore. biggrin.gif

I wasn't claiming it was his fault, it's just a sort of precedence that exists. That being said, Obama should lay off a little on the vacays.

I personally have not addressed it because I have no direct knowledge of it. Will supporters apparently have more firsthand knowledge of this than I do. Paulette too has been on most front porches. Some more than once.

I personally have not addressed it because I have no direct knowledge of it. Will supporters apparently have more firsthand knowledge of this than I do. Paulette too has been on most front porches. Some more than once.

Which is precisely why I asked. I too am unsure to the veracity of the allegation, so I am wondering what people know/have heard.

I'm sure it was NJ who said that she had a previous committment, but I will admit to not remembering exactly where the first instance of the use of vacation or cruise was. I'm of the belief that it was from a supporter of hers, but if I am perpetuating a myth, then I am completely wrong.

I'm sure it was NJ who said that she had a previous committment, but I will admit to not remembering exactly where the first instance of the use of vacation or cruise was. I'm of the belief that it was from a supporter of hers, but if I am perpetuating a myth, then I am completely wrong.

Try Concerned Citizen?. I got my info from a third party and it was just that she had already committed to something else. I don't know where "concerned citizen" got her info but judging form her posts she did not get it from the Candidate herself.nea.gif She does not seem to have a close relationship with Paulette.ninja.gif JMO

Try Concerned Citizen?. I got my info from a third party and it was just that she had already committed to something else. I don't know where "concerned citizen" got her info but judging form her posts she did not get it from the Candidate herself.nea.gif She does not seem to have a close relationship with Paulette.ninja.gif JMO

Sounds about right. Let's see.....it is October with the election looming in the near future......uummm, I think it's a good time to commit to something else.

WTH? Are you truly impressed with this behavior? I just can't get my head around how this would be okay with her supporters. GEEZ :wacko:

Some clarification is certainly in order then. Do you have any way of finding the true nature of the previous committment?

Sounds about right. Let's see.....it is October with the election looming in the near future......uummm, I think it's a good time to commit to something else.

WTH? Are you truly impressed with this behavior? I just can't get my head around how this would be okay with her supporters. GEEZ :wacko:

I don't think Paulette will be seen much in a public forum or debate one on one with Will. Not enough to gain, and way too much to lose.

There are indeed a whole covey of skeletons in her closet she does not want to address. I am certain some of this will go public at some point in time.

There is her attendance and voting record on the BOE she does not want to discuss. This also is available in the public domain.

And the last thing she wants to do in a public debate type of forum is have to think on her feet and speak off the cuff versus Will Avery.

I seriously doubt we will see much of Paulette in public or on p.com between now and November.

Mr. Avery, if you had been in office what would your proposal have been to help with the budget issues?

The purse strings should have been tightened a little sooner. Everyone saw this economic crisis coming starting in 2006. As a land surveying project manager, I noticed it even earlier than that. Land surveyors are one of the first people on a commercial or residential development and when you see houses being built but no new large pieces of land being surveyed, something bad is about to happen!!

Rather than spending millions of dollars on horse parks and fish ponds in the area near and around Perry, GA, we could have been stashing money away preparing for the inevitable. We could have instituted many of the policies that I support years ago. For example, the more efficient collection of sales tax, which is in the hundreds of millions of dollars would have gone a long way had plans to make it happen been instituted 5 years ago.

I am not going to sit here and say that I have all of the solutions, because nobody does! It is about taking advice, looking at all sides, listening to all people, and all ideas that come to the table. Paulding County is in a unique position out of all metro Atlanta counties. We can set ourselves up to be the leader of Northwest Georgia. We are in a perfect position to bridge the gap between Atlanta and rural Northwest GA. We need effective leaders who are willing to work together as a team to see this goal fulfilled. LTD is right when he says that I listen to folks. When someone of any political party gives me an idea that works I use it and incorporate into solutions.

Hey I have an idea! Why don't one of you P'ette supporters call your candidate and find out. I know I have Will's cell number. I'm sure you guys have your candidates. Get back to us on that, will ya?

You call her and ask. I am sure that with all of the inside info that you seem to have you won't have any trouble getting her phone number. I am not working on her campaign and have no intention of getting involved with the question of a debate.

Mr. Avery, I found where you were quoted as saying "Paulding County has had representation that has worked for themselves and the corrupt developers, while our education system goes down the tubes, budgets are slashed, and small businesses are struggling to remain afloat."

Note that I have not dog in this fight.

Do you have any proof of previous representatives doing any illegal activities with "corrupt developers?"

Where do you see the failings of the educational system? How would you fix it?

Mr. Avery, I found where you were quoted as saying "Paulding County has had representation that has worked for themselves and the corrupt developers, while our education system goes down the tubes, budgets are slashed, and small businesses are struggling to remain afloat."

Do you have any proof of previous representatives doing any illegal activities with "corrupt developers?"

The fact that our leaders at the state level have removed and never seriously considered impact fees speaks volumes to me. We have put the burden of area improvements on roads and schools back on homeowners rather than allowing developers to help foot the bill along with homeowners. In most areas of the country this is something that is expected. This in now way implies anything being "illegal."

Our education system fails on numerous levels! Culprit #1 is an almost total reliance on high stakes testing to be the end of discussion about how well a student does. Our teachers are expected to teach a test. I know of very few teachers that got into it to not teach creatively and to not teach critical thinking skills. Very few problems in the "real world" are multiple choice, like standardized tests. Real world problems require a skill set that demands creativity, critical thinking, and the ability to solve complex problems, not the ability to guess correctly. We have to allow our teachers to teach!!! For example in middle school, the CRCT is taken in April I believe, which basically means, a teacher has to teach an entire school year's worth of material by April. That is ridiculous in my opinion.

I know, as you said, you don't have a dog in this fight, but you are a resident of Paulding County, and your input and questions are desired!

Sorry LTD I think it was "concerned voter" instead of "concerned citizen". I had to go back and look.blush.gif

Thanks NJ. I see "cruise" but not vacation, which I am pretty sure I saw in a post by a supporter before that. I will back off until we get some clarification of what she will be doing.

The fact that our leaders at the state level have removed and never seriously considered impact fees speaks volumes to me. We have put the burden of area improvements on roads and schools back on homeowners rather than allowing developers to help foot the bill along with homeowners. In most areas of the country this is something that is expected. This in now way implies anything being "illegal."

Our education system fails on numerous levels! Culprit #1 is an almost total reliance on high stakes testing to be the end of discussion about how well a student does. Our teachers are expected to teach a test. I know of very few teachers that got into it to not teach creatively and to not teach critical thinking skills. Very few problems in the "real world" are multiple choice, like standardized tests. Real world problems require a skill set that demands creativity, critical thinking, and the ability to solve complex problems, not the ability to guess correctly. We have to allow our teachers to teach!!! For example in middle school, the CRCT is taken in April I believe, which basically means, a teacher has to teach an entire school year's worth of material by April. That is ridiculous in my opinion.

I know, as you said, you don't have a dog in this fight, but you are a resident of Paulding County, and your input and questions are desired!

There are a lot of people that don't have a dog in this fight, however; it will impact them overall. Every representative has the responsibility to do what is right not only for their constituents but to have the ability to garner support at the capitol.

I don't believe the culprit you speak of regarding education is really in the control of our local or state governments. If I'm not mistaken these are federal mandates.

Mr. Avery,

If you did indeed use state the above bolded section, exactly which developers are you saying are corrupt? I'm not looking for generalities, I am looking for specifics and the exact reasons you are referring to them as corrupt. Thank you in advance.

The impact fee issue was discussed with our representatives several years back whilst Shearin and company were steering the boat.

Bill Heath specifically responded to me, and several others, that he had discussed impact fee legislation for Paulding with our BOC and BOE, both of whom told him they did not want any impact fee legislation. That kind of speaks volumes I would say.

Review Shearin's campaign donations and virtually every major developer, along with their wives and children are all donors to the max.

Add to that the simple FACT the developers have been more than willing to pay $5500 for their sewer tap to get the high density housing, yet they annex county land into the city to avoid paying the whopping $500 per house "donation" to the BOE.

Take note also that Mr Richardson's law firm is/was the registered agent and legal advisor for a great majority of the developers and did all the real estate closings. Conflict of interest ?

Richardson was also paid an additonal $72,000 per year lobbying fee by the county to be our "eyes and ears" under the gold dome.

No smoking guns, and technically not illegal, but definitely unethical.

Mr. Avery,

If you did indeed use state the above bolded section, exactly which developers are you saying are corrupt? I'm not looking for generalities, I am looking for specifics and the exact reasons you are referring to them as corrupt. Thank you in advance.

Have you never been to a zoning meeting? :D Seriously, you don't have to have your JD to see what a "symbiotic relationship" the P&Z board and the previous commission had with the RBMD's. Obviously there isn't any proof on paper (yet) but the reality of the situation is that I mentioned that I was from Paulding county in the company of a group of developers and contractors in Brunswick Ga, and they all laughed. They called PRD "paid residential development". It's a statewide joke. Draw your own conclusions.

The impact fee issue was discussed with our representatives several years back whilst Shearin and company were steering the boat.

Bill Heath specifically responded to me, and several others, that he had discussed impact fee legislation for Paulding with our BOC and BOE, both of whom told him they did not want any impact fee legislation. That kind of speaks volumes I would say.

Review Shearin's campaign donations and virtually every major developer, along with their wives and children are all donors to the max.

Add to that the simple FACT the developers have been more than willing to pay $5500 for their sewer tap to get the high density housing, yet they annex county land into the city to avoid paying the whopping $500 per house "donation" to the BOE.

Take note also that Mr Richardson's law firm is/was the registered agent and legal advisor for a great majority of the developers and did all the real estate closings. Conflict of interest ?

Richardson was also paid an additonal $72,000 per year lobbying fee by the county to be our "eyes and ears" under the gold dome.

No smoking guns, and technically not illegal, but definitely unethical.

Hmmmm.... just using your line of reasoning, it is not illegal but unethical. Just curious but using that line of reasoning, I guess failure to pay a debt is not illegal, but is it unethical?

Just an analogy, but say for instance you don't pay your house payment and the lender begins foreclosure proceedings (not just one random occasion). The failure on the part of the debtor to pay his debt is not illegal but might be construed as unethical by some as the debtor is holding back money that is technically speaking, the lenders money. I am not stating this is my opinion as it is not; however, there might be some that view this as unethical.

I truly miss men like Nathan Dean. It's been a long time since we truly had someone downtown fighting for Paulding County. ~~sigh~~

Love, love, love Nathan and Ann Dean - truly miss seeing them!

Have you never been to a zoning meeting? :D Seriously, you don't have to have your JD to see what a "symbiotic relationship" the P&Z board and the previous commission had with the RBMD's. Obviously there isn't any proof on paper (yet) but the reality of the situation is that I mentioned that I was from Paulding county in the company of a group of developers and contractors in Brunswick Ga, and they all laughed. They called PRD "paid residential development". It's a statewide joke. Draw your own conclusions.

I have in fact attended several zoning meetings. Obviously, just as with every other industry in existence, there are "rotten apples" in every bunch.

I just haven't heard any any of our builder / developers being convicted of any crimes so therefore, I will have to give them the benefit of the doubt. Something about that "innocent until proven guilty" kind of thing. :lol:

Edited by Beach Bum

You call her and ask. I am sure that with all of the inside info that you seem to have you won't have any trouble getting her phone number. I am not working on her campaign and have no intention of getting involved with the question of a debate.

According to the Paulding County Chamber of Commerce, Ms. Braddock will be on vacation at the time of the October 7 luncheon.

There are a lot of people that don't have a dog in this fight, however; it will impact them overall. Every representative has the responsibility to do what is right not only for their constituents but to have the ability to garner support at the capitol.

I don't believe the culprit you speak of regarding education is really in the control of our local or state governments. If I'm not mistaken these are federal mandates.

You are technically correct, it is not directly a state matter, just as the "fair tax" is not, but there are things that we can do to help relieve the pain that it brings. The high dependence on high stakes testing was brought about with No Child Left Behind, which has been a thorn in the side of both teachers and administrators. We as state level servants must put pressure on DC to show our distaste for the legislation and the impact that it brings with it.

I truly miss men like Nathan Dean. It's been a long time since we truly had someone downtown fighting for Paulding County. ~~sigh~~

I love Senator Dean as well. He and Tom Murphy were true servants to Paulding and the surrounding areas!!!

According to the Paulding County Chamber of Commerce, Ms. Braddock will be on vacation at the time of the October 7 luncheon.

Good for her. I truly don't know but this might have been a vacation that she and her family had planned for years. I respect her, if it is the case, for not disappointing her family by backing out on a family vacation. In my book, family should come first!!!

Good for her. I truly don't know but this might have been a vacation that she and her family had planned for years. I respect her, if it is the case, for not disappointing her family by backing out on a family vacation. In my book, family should come first!!!

drinks.gif good.gif

Always!!!! I think she has appeared at 3 Chamber sponsored events.

drinks.gif good.gif

Always!!!! I think she has appeared at 3 Chamber sponsored events.

What does that have to do with anything?

And I agree, family SHOULD come first. So why is it that P'ette isn't offering some alternate dates for a debate?

Psst! We all know why P'ette doesn't want to have to debate Will. Who is going to say it first is really the only question. ;)