Paulding.com

There is a right to life vote on the Republican ticket and not the Democrat ticket...

Why are they different? This is not right... And yes I have problem with it.

This needs to be changed and I don't care how much it costs. To me this is a slated vote and tainted vote.

My question is why can one party have a issue question asked like this and not another? The question will be used towards a end item that is tainted. So why allow it. It is not a balance vote on the line item on the ballet.

Why would a question for Republican party voters in the

Republican primary appear on the Democratic primary ballot ???

:blink: :blink: :blink:

My question is why can one party have a issue question asked like this and not another? The question will be used towards a end item that is tainted. So why allow it. It is not a balance vote on the line item on the ballet.

This is how primaries work - think back to your HS civics class. The Democrats could have just as easily had the question placed on their primary ballot. Your question should be why didn't they?

Partisan Politics

The Repubs are still wanting to kick the dead horse somemore with the RTL Legislation.

If this is approved in the primary, expeted to see substantial amounts of time, energy and effort wasted in the next Legislative Session trying to pass a bill that the Supreme Court will void.

Partisan Politics

The Repubs are still wanting to kick the dead horse somemore with the RTL Legislation.

If this is approved in the primary, expeted to see substantial amounts of time, energy and effort wasted in the next Legislative Session trying to pass a bill that the Supreme Court will void.

I thought you were Catholic?? RTL is a dead horse?? I'm so confused. :huh:

I thought you were Catholic?? RTL is a dead horse?? I'm so confused. :huh:

I am Catholic, but also realistic and pragmatic.

My 2 issues with the RTL movement and those wanting State Legislation:

1] Until the Supreme Court overturns Roe v Wade, no piece of legislation will stand up in court.

2] Are the RTL supporters going to support a ban on birth control pills as well ?

What that vote is about is getting out the vote for the primary. One of the key factions in the GOP, one they depend on for support, are the religious conservatives. If the issue is whether Beverly Cochran or Todd Pownall (or any of the others) are elected doesn't rise to a moral imperative and won't be preached from the pulpit.

Said differently, they have to put something on the ballot that will bring these often single-issue voters to the polls and right to life issues, gay marriage issues, etc. are proven tools to that end. So while they can't get a preacher to stand in the pulpit and speak of the morality of the SPLOST, they can get him to say the flock will go to hell if they don't make their opinion known in the RTL vote on the Republican ballot!

Don't think, Navy Eagle, that the Dems are wholly innocent. That there is an allegation of a deal that the popular Michael "Mike" Thurmond, currently Labor Commissioner, will get a good job after the election in part because he is challenging Senator Johnny Isackson is plausible. Why? Because the Dems need someone on the ballot in Georgia that will help energize the black constituency.

That we know it is all politics is because, well, we've seen this dog and pony show before ...

pubby

PS: It really has nothing to do with RTL; but has everything to do with GOTV.